Brookdale South Bay - South Kingstown, RI

Brookdale South Bay - South Kingstown, RI has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale South Bay - South Kingstown, RI

A beautiful community!

My tour of the Brookdale South Bay went very well. The lady that I met with gave me a lot of helpful information as well as answering all of my questions. This community would be great for anyone, but it was not as close to my home as other ones that I toured.

I like it!

The staff work hard here to make things come together. They can use some work on getting the food to you that you order. Other than that I have had no problems with anything. The community is clean and so is my room.

The Health Center at South Bay Skilled care

I would say good plus .This review is not for the assisted living facility but the Health center skilled nursing facility located within it. Great caring aides good food quality and selection. Good management and small facility feel. Very Very happy we have our family member there. They do not accept medicaid and they are not over crowed with small rooms like the places that take medicaid. If you have to pay you might as well have a better place. Very good value.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, overall! We toured a few different Brookdale communities and we were impressed with all of them. New England Bay Retirement Living is clean, well kept, and the people we worked with all seemed friendly!

They have been doing a very good job.

They have been doing a very good job. They are clean and friendly. They do a good job. He has been here a month now and hasn't fallen once, not one trip to the emergency room.

OUR TOUR FELT LIKE WE WERE ...

OUR TOUR FELT LIKE WE WERE HOME. HAIQOUHI WAS VERY DETAILED IN INFORMING US OF ALL THE SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES. IT WAS GOOD TO SEE THE RESIDENTS MOVING ABOUT AND HAVING SOME INTERACTION WITH THEM AS WELL. THE RESIDENTS COMMENTS WERE ALWAYS POSITIVE AND THEY WERE EXTREMLY FRIENDLY. THE FEELING OF 'HOME' IS TRULY FELT. LUNCH WAS EXCELLENT AND ALL STAFF APPEARED TO RECOGNIZE AND ACKNOWLEDGE US. HAIQOUHI IS TRULY AN ASSET TO BUILDING A COMMUNITY, FIRST FOR THE RESIDENTS AND THEN FOR STAFF. A VERY POSITIVE EXPERIENCE.

It was clean and presented well...

The options for activities was very minimal. It was ok. It was smaller, the people were nice but it was more institutional feeling. It was clean and presented well, but was like a morgue half the time in the sense that there was very little activity going on, the residents kind of disappeared into their room except for mealtimes. As far as taking care of needs in a friendly, proffessional manor they do that.

Caring Staff but It Didn't Work Out

This was the first community my aunt was in. She fell there and was aggressive when the dementia had it's bad times. They kicked her out because she was too aggressive. Here's this little tiny woman who is usually so sweet and they're telling me she's too aggressive. Every place I've been since has had an issue.

The staff, some are really caring and they love their job, you can tell. They do a good job but they just couldn't provide the care she needed.

I found it quite suitable for my aunt...

I found it quite suitable for my aunt as a comfortable and pleasant enviroment.

“We are proud to say that we have many team members here who have been with us for over ten years, which is an indication of their love for the residents, the job they do and South Bay Retirement Living.” Located in South Kingstown, South Bay Retirement Living is quietly situated on Rt. 108 (Kingstown Road). The community is conveniently located close to South County beaches, the University of Rhode Island, and the area’s best shopping and dining options.

South Bay features a beautiful courtyard, recreation room, fitness center, billiards room, beautician/barber and library. Our spacious apartment homes offer a variety of floor plans with kitchenettes, walk-in showers, individual climate control and emergency call systems. Featuring convenient restaurant-style dining, our dining services offer regional cuisine and three delicious and nutritious meals daily.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services for residents. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Popular classes include “Matter of Balance,” tai chi, “Mind Aerobics,” and “Forever Fit.” Help with everyday tasks can make a big difference in the quality of your life. It’s comforting to know that you can continue to live life to the fullest at South Bay – with the added security of 24-hour nursing care, as well as a full spectrum of supportive, wellness and skilled nursing services.

Call today to arrange a visit, and experience for yourself the meaningful lifestyle our residents enjoy every day.