Brookdale Sakonnet Bay - Tiverton, RI

Brookdale Sakonnet Bay - Tiverton, RI has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Sakonnet Bay - Tiverton, RI

I would never recommend this place in a million years for assisted living or skilled nursing. The Health Care Center (SKU) should be shut down for violations including withholding and losing patients' medications.. Recently there were 2 aides and I nurse in the skilled nursing unit for 22 patients. That means 2 aides to wash, dress, toilet and feed 22 patients everyday!!! Impossible to provide adequate care. They are always understaffed and are really focused on independent living. I would only go here if I were independent and can drive...once you are no longer independent they provide very little care unless family is visiting. Then it's a big show. No compassion by many of the staff. Upper management (on site) never knows what is going on. I will look into it is their mantra. Marketing will try to tell you it will be a seamless transition as you need more care - that could not be farther from the truth. They ship you to the hospital for every little thing. People fall all the time. I could go on and on.... There are plenty of other places. Skip this one. I would give no stars but that is not possible.

Short stay on a long term care unit

This review is based on the respite care my father in law has received on a long term care floor. The staff is friendly and willing to assist, however there does not seem to be an adequate ratio of staff to patient-based on the higher level of needs on this such unit. Food is good, but getting an extra portion or an specific request is often not acknowledged. Not enough staff are available to take the clients off the unit for the "many activities" they advertise are taking place.

Phenomenal place!

This place was phenomenal in my eyes. I really did like it here. The staff was helpful and kind. I was able to see some of the residents out and doing things. I just though that they were expensive and did not offer as much.

Exciting activities !!

The overall staff have all been so pleasant to my loved one.The housekeeping team has done a great job on keeping his room and bathroom picked up as well as taking out the trash. The team is always providing great meals and activities for my father, he is very pleased with his experience.

Communication could be a little better!

Our loved one has been doing very well since the move to Brookdale Sakonnet Bay. The community is very nicely kept and clean throughout. The staff are very friendly and have done a great job caring for our loved one. The staff could do a little better with communication with the family on our loved ones care needs and appointments. Dad is enjoying the variety of choices at meals. The community offers a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy.

Good move

Brookdale Sakonnet Bay has a very open, airy feel. We looked at two other facilities before making the move here. My mom has lived there approximately 2 months in Independent Living, moving from living on her own for 6 years following the loss of my dad. The one-room apartment is quite spacious even with bedroom + living room furniture (and a dining table); two good size closets; the kitchen area is a sink, small counter and smallish fridge & it’s all she needs; bathroom is a good size. We were lucky enough to get an apartment with a small terrace facing west overlooking the bay and river. The staff has always been friendly, helpful and caring; they pay attention to what activities you do (or don’t do). The dining room is large with roomy round tables and the food is generally well-prepared and tasty; I’ve had lunch & dinner there with my mom, and when she’s ordered something that it turns out she didn’t want, it was replaced quickly and cheerfully with something else. When we ate outside the facility but our notice didn’t get put “on the list”, someone checked up on her to make sure that she hadn’t simply forgotten to go down to dinner. Brookdale has quite a few activities available each day: music concerts, movement and stretching exercise, brain exercise; swimming pool; scheduled games (such as scrabble, cribbage, checkers, bingo, pokeno, etc.) as well as areas where you can set up your own games; a small movie theater with showings once or twice a week; an occasional outing to another restaurant, shopping or nearby attraction; current event discussions; crafts room; billiards room; chapel services; there’s an area with several public computers; a pub with scheduled ice cream socials and “mix-and-mingles”. All-in-all, it’s been a very good experience and move for her & she seems much happier being around others and socializing with those who live there, rather than living on her own.

Great community!

Brookdale Sakonnet is a great community! I've really been happy with them. They call and let me know what's happening with my Mom. They are handling her well and doing a really good job. They are like family there. It's a great apartment, right on the water. I'm ready to sign myself up. I haven't encountered anyone who rubbed me the wrong way. The only hindrance is they don't take every insurance.

Caring staff.

I have found everyone from administration, nursing care , housekeeping to reception to be friendly, respectful and caring. My mother and our family feel at home. The transition was much easier than we anticipated thanks to the staff.

Caring staff.

Robin has been great about staying in touch with me.

I toured here as I was looking for options. I especially liked the fact that they have 4 levels of care under 1 roof. Robin has been great about staying in touch with me. I would rate them a five.

This company has no business running a dementia unit & a skilled care unit. Ill equipped to provide this level of care, unqualified nursing staff, nurse to patient ratio way too high for dementia and ill patients & often working short, caregivers not trained to provide level of care required by patients with health care needs far exceeding the scope of practice of this facility- some straight out of a several week long class with NO experience. Because they are a private pay "ASSISTED LIVING" facility they are not mandated to follow the same guidelines established for longterm care facilities. They offer HOSPICE CARE... with no idea of what they're doing. Ask yourself what is "ASSISTED" about end of life care?
I cannot speak for the actual upstairs "assisted living" aspect at Sakonnet Bay and will say many of the nurses on the dementia unit are wonderful, caring people- this facility is just not equipped to be proving this type of care. Think more than twice before placing your loved one on one of their skilled units.
**this survey should more importantly ask for care ratings rather than friendliness....

I love this place. It is where I wi...

I love this place. It is where I will be staying in my later years if I can afford it.

Respite Care

Very clean comfortable room. The staff was very nice,
Accommodating and helpful. My father enjoyed his stay here. My family got to go on a vacation. I have three teenagers and am taking care of my elderly father. I was very comfortable knowing he was in a safe caring place. His personal care attendant concierge was wonderful. She spent time with him and knew his likes and needs.

Mom's Journey

In February of 2013 my mother, brother and I visited two assisted living facilities. I had visited a total of seven assisted living facilities prior to choosing two to take my mother and brother for tours to. Of these two facilities only Sakonnet Bay had a memory unit and skilled nursing unit on site. My mother was living alone and struggling with staying independent. Then in August 2013 she was diagnosed with dementia. In September 2013 she moved to Sakonnet Bay. She initially was in the skilled nursing unit, to have respite care. The head nurse Nicole is an angel! Overall my mother enjoyed the other clients and staff. From this unit, in October ,my mother moved to the memory care unit. Tiffany was wonderful! My mother had other favorite staff on this unit too.This unit, at times ,is short staffed. I had hoped that there would be a support group offered to family and friends of clients in this unit. There isn't a support group . My mother enjoyed the daily activities though ,as to be expected in any unit,certain other residents at times irritated my mother.My mother almost became her "old self". So with the evaluation of her doctor and the nurses in memory care and assisted living units she became eligible to move to the assisted living unit. This was stated to me in mid October my mother moved to assisted living the second week of December. At the time of the evaluation my mother and I were told there were two potential vacancies..... on the assisted living unit. My mother is now starting to feel settled on this assisted living unit. Our hope is that there won't be anymore moves in the next few years. As with the memory care unit ,at times, it is short staffed. Overall my mom, brother and I are pleased with Sakonnet Bay. The setting is beautiful looking out to Sakonnet Bay, the staff and clients are pleasant.

Somewhat misled on availability of memory care unit

My mother particiapted in some of the activities but I didn't think there were enough of them. We were in the nursing facility which was a little different than what she needed but I thought it was very good.
We had a little bit of an issue with the administration, we felt that we were sort of misled to sign up for there because they had assured us that within a week she would be put in the memory care and it became obvious within a couple of weeks that something wouldn't become available for an extended period of time and they never should have said that. They did refund us our money though.

Initial thinking is this facility is ...

Initial thinking is this facility is unaccpetable due to its unfamiliar location. My husband's parents were here for a time, and he said that the administrator's emphasis on costs and bottom line made the expeience less than ideal.

This is probably number one on the li...

This is probably number one on the list right now. Not ideal, but the best of the lots we've visited.

Brookdale Sakonnet Bay is a premier community located on the site of the former Coachmen Restaurant in Tiverton, R.I., near the state line at Fall River, Mass. Perched high above Mt. Hope Bay, residents share spectacular sunsets and panoramic vistas in every direction...of historic Newport, moonlit bridges, marinas and the sailboats that dot one of New England's most scenic waterways.

From independent and assisted living accommodations to the availability of skilled nursing, our personalized levels of assistance are tailored to meet your individual needs in the most comfortable residential surroundings.

Sakonnet Bay Retirement Living offers a variety of spacious floor plans with the most breathtaking views and a host of modern luxuries. Swim in our heated indoor pool, relax in the whirlpool spa, or exercise in our fully-equipped ForeverFit exercise and fitness center.

Whether you're joining friends for cocktails in the Coachmen Pub or watching a movie in the Sakonnet Bay theater, you'll be proud to call this extraordinary senior living community home.