Briarwood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center - Needham, MA

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The social worker has been especially helpful throughout the process.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I have been very impressed with the staff. The nurses are great. The front office is also very good. Once I was visiting my sister and she did not care for the food they prepared, so they promptly brought her another option that she did enjoy. The only issue I had was the facility doctor. I found him to be rude and he acted as though I did not matter.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

My loved one loves it there. He likes the food. They are very friendly and are helpful. I spoke with the case manager and nurse who helped with information. He was there a year ago and it is clean and the staff is helpful. It is convenient to where he lives.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I think the level of care I have dealt with is going well. Rehab is slow and it is as well as expected.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I think they should use it as a model for other facilities. The rehab is on the first floor. The patients roam around freely. There is a dining room where everyone eats. It is beautifully maintained and the staff are great too. They have a library and nice patio. It seems very close to living at home. The therapists have done a wonderful job. They have state of the art equipment and a great PT staff. The dining room is open for all meals or they can eat in their rooms. The place great.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

It is excellent. She went there from the hospital and she is eating properly and she loves the service. They are all kind to her. She has praised everything about that place. The rehab and nursing care is excellent. She says the staff help each other and like each other. I was impressed with that. She has more than she can eat and has a wonderful appetite. I get excellent updates from my niece and they inform her. They all stop and talk with her. They are very patient.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They do keep me updated and answer my questions. Meals is an area where we have had some issues. She seems to never get what she orders. The food she receives is good and she eats it, however it seems to never coincide with what she chose. There was an incident with communication. She was sent to the wrong doctor's appointment.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

We are very happy. She seems very happy with everything right now and is doing well. As far as I know she is doing well and likes the therapy. She is working hard. I am very impressed with facility. She is very picky and is eating well. The dining room is nice.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Things are going very well. I have had good phone conversations with them. The staff have been fantastic. My sister is not a great eater but they have lots of options and they try hard to get her to eat. We like the social worker.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Communication seems to be a big problem at this facility. I have to approach them and I feel as though I get the run around. My brother had an appointment scheduled and no one stayed with him or accompanied him for the appointment. The ambulance did not arrive on time and we had to reschedule the appointment.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They are doing a really good job so far. I wish she had more therapy but they do a really good job. They have all been friendly. I liked the admissions person.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The speech therapists and PT were exceptional. The nurses did seem overworked. Getting medication on time could take a long time because they had so many patients to get to. The day time CNAs were fine. The evening CNAs were not friendly or helpful. The meals were fine. They could be more thoughtful about who is getting what. They will make anything for you, but this was not evident to us. The therapists mentioned this to us and that made a huge difference for my mother. There could be much more focus on the patient's diet.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Overall it has been a very good experience. The staff is excellent. I really enjoyed him being there and coming in to visit to the facility.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The whole rehab therapy team is great and work well together. The staff are fine individually, but there is just not enough of them.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

One of the staff members was very nice and kind. He did a nice job. Somebody helped us find where we needed to go and was helpful. I think the staff were not prepared and did not know we were coming. We finally found out where we were supposed to be and they were not very welcoming. The social worker set up a family meeting and we did not know where we were supposed to meet. The nursing manager asked if we chose to come to this side of the facility and we did not know there was a choice.

The nursing care was good. The staff was friendly. Briarwood is a nice place, but the doctors at the hospital released my husband before he should've been, so he ended up having to go back to the hospital anyway. The whole experience has not been a good one, but that's not really Briarwood's fault. The cleanliness was, for the most part, fine. The food wasn't very good. For example, the string beans they served my husband had been very overcooked.

I'd recommend Briarwood to a friend.

The nurses are good at making sure I'm updated.

My loved one thought it was a very clean place. There were lots of areas that were lacking though. The nurses weren't happy people. They didn't have a smile on their faces. Most of the aides had attitudes. They didn't make my loved one feel like they wanted to care for her. The only redeeming people were the case manager and the rehab staff. The dietitian never came in like they were supposed to. The meals were okay. They didn't provide options. Some food that she'd order she never got.

The staff is friendly enough, but not great. They don't call and tell me anything. I have to ask. I assume they would call if anything very bad was happening, but they don't give me basic updates. And they didn't tell me when she was having trouble eating. My mother has been there almost three weeks and she's losing weight because she's not eating properly. They put her at a table that was way too high for her, and she couldn't reach her food. And they put her on a mechanically soft diet, and she wasn't liking the food at all, and they didn't tell me any of that. They have started helping feed her, and that's good, but it took them weeks to make that fix. And I was told when she first went there that her clothes either needed to be taken home and washed, or if we left them for them to be washed, they would put a marker on them to keep track. I told them I would do it myself, but they did it anyway and didn't mark them, so half her clothes are missing. Even the ones I marked after that initial incident go missing. It's hard for me to believe that they can't figure this out. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that she get to keep her clothes.

Briarwood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center specializes in short-term rehab and skilled nursing care. We are conveniently located within a block of Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham. Our highly trained staff of medical professionals works collaboratively to create a comprehensive and individualized treatment plan for each resident. Our goal is to provide the highest possible level of care and to focus on the needs of preferences of each resident and family that comes to us. In addition to excellent physical, occupational, and speech therapies, we also offer specialty care in pulmonary therapy for residents with any of a number of acute or chronic lung diseases. Residents at Briarwood also enjoy the companionship of pets, the beauty of a lush, cultivated landscape, and delightful and healthy dining experiences.