Briarwood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center - Needham, MA

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They are on top of everything with great care. The staff are very friendly and so is the doctor. It is clean too. The meals look great to me. My wife is there for therapy but it maybe will stay long term!

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

My loved one enjoys the activities, especially the music. This helps her because she is a musician. She is well taken care of by the nurses. They are wonderful on the phone. The charge nurse on her floor has also been amazing. The case manager is a big help! They have a well-balanced lunch too.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

When my loved one needs help, they help him. They are attentive. He is enjoying therapy with progress. He is standing and his legs are stronger. The staff are nice and the nurses are good. The place is clean. They take care of things and everything is shining. He was having a roommate issue the other day and they took care of him moving to a different room. I like the administrator.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They are very receptive. You can ask questions and they will find the answer.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The facility is very clean. I can ask questions and get feedback now from the staff. Getting to that point was hard. The nursing care is good, the only negative is my mom needed to go to the restroom and it took 10 minutes to get someone to come help her. I was a little disappointed that she was there for a couple of weeks before we heard from the administrators. Now communication is better but there was a slow start.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

It is good. I like the head nurse. The nurses have been very helpful and they provide everything she asks for. They answer my questions. The meals are good. It looks pretty clean.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The nursing care is excellent. I am a nurse and from my stand point, it's excellent. The therapy is state of the art. The staff are engaging and reach out. Their communication is amazing! They call about any changes. We had a great 72 hour care meeting and the nurse manager is fantastic. There are no odors at all either! I think sometimes the wait time for call light takes too long though.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They have had really good communication, the social worker and physical therapy especially. My loved one says the food is pretty good.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The rehab was one of reasons we wanted to go to Briarwood. They exercise him a lot more than other places to strengthen him. The staff are friendly. They communicate with me well. When I call and ask for information or schedule appointments they are really good with that. They try to keep it clean but it is an older building. There are a couple of issues with the air conditioning. Sometimes one person is cold and one hot. They did move him. He wanted a side rail and the state changed the law to a pull bar. Some days the nurses are good and some not as good. He really likes one lady there. One of the things that happens is miscommunication. I do not know if it is an internal issue.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The place is really immaculate and super clean. She likes the staff but no one steps in to ask how are you doing. They have hospital food.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The rehab is very good and I'm happy with the therapist. She has made a lot of good progress. The DON was very responsive and communicates well, and the nurses are good. There is one aide I like who is wonderful. She always has a smile. It is very clean. This facility is always clean whenever I have been there. They do a great job. It has been remodeled. The meals are fresh with plenty of choices. The facility could have more socialization during meals. My mother sits alone a lot. I am not happy with the night staff and I am there at night. I am having trouble with the aides being responsive. We are waiting 15 minutes to get help.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The staff are nice and helpful. If anything was needed they took care of it. We had good meetings, and they kept in touch. My loved one got OT and PT. They did what they could. I'm not sure if they kept on top with food he was eating or on top of bathroom as much as needed. I have nothing negative to say. The consistency between multiple nurses and doctors was lacking.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I think Briarwood is a good facility but probably a little understaffed in his area. It's laid out well, the dining setup is nice and they do a job there. The evening receptionist is really good. I see the staff running around and seem more reactive than proactive sometimes. I haven't been receiving communication and not getting feedback from the medical care team on how he's doing. I have no idea of weekly or daily schedules. I would like to hear how he's doing during the day and various activities if they do exist. The cleanliness could be improved too. Sometimes when I go, it's dirty and has odors.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I'd recommend Briarwood Rehab!

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

It is good. My wife is in a better situation there.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Briarwood is a great rehab. They could use more variety in the meals.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They are doing great, my loved one is doing very well there. The meals are cold though.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I think they are very responsive. The staff are helpful with our questions. Rehab is going well. Communication is very good.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

We are satisfied with the experience at Briarwood. So far the communication through this process has been fine.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

All the people are extremely nice and attentive. Rehab seems to be working. The nurses are extremely nice. It's very clean and the meals are good, too.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They take good care of the people there. My loved one has made a magnificent turn around! She's making progress in rehab and she's handled very gently. The staff are very responsible and friendly. When she calls, the nurses come. The facility is spotless. The meetings are helpful too.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

This rehab is much better than others.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

My loved one says she likes the facility and it is going smoothly for her. The social worker does very well with keeping me informed.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The nurses do well with him. They took very good care of him while he was here.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Briarwood is good overall, but their nurse-to-patient ratio is too low. There are way too many patients per nurse. There were several times when I felt as though the were way understaffed. Communication seemed to always be reactive to my concerns.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Everybody is pleasant and thoughtful. They are on top of everything. I have not had any problems with anyone there. I like the lady at the front desk. She knows who to contact and she helps with transportation. All of the staff help there. Anytime you ask a question, they answer. They are nice, polite, and helpful. It is always clean and they are always cleaning up. They are all pleasant and they help my loved one as soon as they can. They let me know what I need to know.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

It's pretty good. The place is as clean as could be. The rooms and everything are all very clean. The staff seems fine.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

One of the nurses is amazing and the case manager does well at keeping me informed. The food is good but sometimes cold. On weekends, you don't get any answers from anyone.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I would recommend Briarwood. They are short handed so the timing for care can be a little slow.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

It was interesting. The staff and PT was great. The staff were pleasant. It was a long wait to go to the bathroom though. Many therapy staff were excellent. After rehab sessions, the consultations were informative. They could pick up the rooms more and they didn't mop enough. The meal staff were nice, the food was good, and the pictures on the wall were nice.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

If the patient does not have an advocate, they let it slide. When you talk to them, though, it changes. After he became proactive and asked for more, they communicated with us, but not until then. The rehab is average. He does his own exercises. The CNA staff are not nice and seldom speak the language. The nurses never have enough time.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The admin staff are fabulous. They are addressing our needs adequately except so far his dietary needs are not met. The food services still haven't seen him, and it's been a while now. The therapists are VERY GOOD, but the equipment is not a good match. They don't have proper equipment for specific needs. The nurse practitioners are fine. Just the CNAs need more training.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

We had concerns at first. They heard us and they made efforts to accommodate. The facilities are old, the rooms are small, and he shares bathroom with 3 residents. The people are pretty nice, they do what they can to improve. They are understaffed perhaps. There is a long response time.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They did not feed anyone and did not get people out of bed. The meals were good but did not give her chance to eat her meal. They only waited 20 minutes for her to eat before taking her tray from her.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

The staff are very friendly. The nursing care and cleanliness are fine. Communication is where it fell apart. I was never informed. No one even told us where things were, like the dining room. The staff did not get him to rehab to learn to walk again. He had a choice of meals but they never gave him a menu to choose things.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The social worker has been especially helpful throughout the process.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I have been very impressed with the staff. The nurses are great. The front office is also very good. Once I was visiting my sister and she did not care for the food they prepared, so they promptly brought her another option that she did enjoy. The only issue I had was the facility doctor. I found him to be rude and he acted as though I did not matter.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

My loved one loves it there. He likes the food. They are very friendly and are helpful. I spoke with the case manager and nurse who helped with information. He was there a year ago and it is clean and the staff is helpful. It is convenient to where he lives.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I think the level of care I have dealt with is going well. Rehab is slow and it is as well as expected.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

I think they should use it as a model for other facilities. The rehab is on the first floor. The patients roam around freely. There is a dining room where everyone eats. It is beautifully maintained and the staff are great too. They have a library and nice patio. It seems very close to living at home. The therapists have done a wonderful job. They have state of the art equipment and a great PT staff. The dining room is open for all meals or they can eat in their rooms. The place great.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

It is excellent. She went there from the hospital and she is eating properly and she loves the service. They are all kind to her. She has praised everything about that place. The rehab and nursing care is excellent. She says the staff help each other and like each other. I was impressed with that. She has more than she can eat and has a wonderful appetite. I get excellent updates from my niece and they inform her. They all stop and talk with her. They are very patient.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They do keep me updated and answer my questions. Meals is an area where we have had some issues. She seems to never get what she orders. The food she receives is good and she eats it, however it seems to never coincide with what she chose. There was an incident with communication. She was sent to the wrong doctor's appointment.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

We are very happy. She seems very happy with everything right now and is doing well. As far as I know she is doing well and likes the therapy. She is working hard. I am very impressed with facility. She is very picky and is eating well. The dining room is nice.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Things are going very well. I have had good phone conversations with them. The staff have been fantastic. My sister is not a great eater but they have lots of options and they try hard to get her to eat. We like the social worker.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Communication seems to be a big problem at this facility. I have to approach them and I feel as though I get the run around. My brother had an appointment scheduled and no one stayed with him or accompanied him for the appointment. The ambulance did not arrive on time and we had to reschedule the appointment.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

They are doing a really good job so far. I wish she had more therapy but they do a really good job. They have all been friendly. I liked the admissions person.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The speech therapists and PT were exceptional. The nurses did seem overworked. Getting medication on time could take a long time because they had so many patients to get to. The day time CNAs were fine. The evening CNAs were not friendly or helpful. The meals were fine. They could be more thoughtful about who is getting what. They will make anything for you, but this was not evident to us. The therapists mentioned this to us and that made a huge difference for my mother. There could be much more focus on the patient's diet.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

Overall it has been a very good experience. The staff is excellent. I really enjoyed him being there and coming in to visit to the facility.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

The whole rehab therapy team is great and work well together. The staff are fine individually, but there is just not enough of them.

Review of Briarwood Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

One of the staff members was very nice and kind. He did a nice job. Somebody helped us find where we needed to go and was helpful. I think the staff were not prepared and did not know we were coming. We finally found out where we were supposed to be and they were not very welcoming. The social worker set up a family meeting and we did not know where we were supposed to meet. The nursing manager asked if we chose to come to this side of the facility and we did not know there was a choice.

The nursing care was good. The staff was friendly. Briarwood is a nice place, but the doctors at the hospital released my husband before he should've been, so he ended up having to go back to the hospital anyway. The whole experience has not been a good one, but that's not really Briarwood's fault. The cleanliness was, for the most part, fine. The food wasn't very good. For example, the string beans they served my husband had been very overcooked.

I'd recommend Briarwood to a friend.

The nurses are good at making sure I'm updated.

My loved one thought it was a very clean place. There were lots of areas that were lacking though. The nurses weren't happy people. They didn't have a smile on their faces. Most of the aides had attitudes. They didn't make my loved one feel like they wanted to care for her. The only redeeming people were the case manager and the rehab staff. The dietitian never came in like they were supposed to. The meals were okay. They didn't provide options. Some food that she'd order she never got.

The staff is friendly enough, but not great. They don't call and tell me anything. I have to ask. I assume they would call if anything very bad was happening, but they don't give me basic updates. And they didn't tell me when she was having trouble eating. My mother has been there almost three weeks and she's losing weight because she's not eating properly. They put her at a table that was way too high for her, and she couldn't reach her food. And they put her on a mechanically soft diet, and she wasn't liking the food at all, and they didn't tell me any of that. They have started helping feed her, and that's good, but it took them weeks to make that fix. And I was told when she first went there that her clothes either needed to be taken home and washed, or if we left them for them to be washed, they would put a marker on them to keep track. I told them I would do it myself, but they did it anyway and didn't mark them, so half her clothes are missing. Even the ones I marked after that initial incident go missing. It's hard for me to believe that they can't figure this out. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that she get to keep her clothes.

Briarwood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center specializes in short-term rehab and skilled nursing care. We are conveniently located within a block of Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham. Our highly trained staff of medical professionals works collaboratively to create a comprehensive and individualized treatment plan for each resident. Our goal is to provide the highest possible level of care and to focus on the needs of preferences of each resident and family that comes to us. In addition to excellent physical, occupational, and speech therapies, we also offer specialty care in pulmonary therapy for residents with any of a number of acute or chronic lung diseases. Residents at Briarwood also enjoy the companionship of pets, the beauty of a lush, cultivated landscape, and delightful and healthy dining experiences.