Parklane West - San Antonio, TX

Poor

This is the most depressing place. Staff does not check up on you. Air conditioning unit made loud noises all night. Therapist wanted one thing doctor wanted another. Staff could not tell me what pills I was going to be given. I would not feed food to the homeless. No one gave you information. Once I requested to leave I had every manager in my room asking why I was leaving. Do not go to this site.

This place was good. It's pretty and the nursing staff was good.

This place was good. It's pretty and the nursing staff was good. He was here for a while. My only concern was that they released him before I thought he was ready, and he had a stroke the very next day.

Extremely Disappointing!

I placed my mother in Parklane West on the second floor in July 2014. On October 10th, 2014 we moved her to a new facility. I made calls to Parklane West to discuss the lack of care my mother was receiving, they left my mom in soiled diapers for hours and hours at a time. One of those times, September 27, 2014 I was visiting my mom and asked her CNA, when was the last time my mom was changed, The CNA said, I have been too busy so she hasn't been changed since I woke her up at 6:30am this morning. It was now 1:30pm...seven hours sitting in her wheel chair in soaking wet diapers and her pants were saturated in urine, her bottom looked like it had been sunburned! On another occasion, I asked another CNA on at least four separate visits to not put my mom in regular diapers, I wanted her only in pull ups since they fit better, her response to me was, the blue diapers hold more urine! I said, she has to be changed!! On Monday, October 6th I was visiting mom and asked another CNA how many residents they are responsible for changing, dressing etc...She said anywhere from 12 - 15 residents. I told her that I was told when I interviewed the facility that they changed residents every two hours. The CNA looked at me and said, there is absolutely no way that could ever happen with this many residents. They have problems with upper management and staff. I will add there were two LVN's I did like very much and the Sales person I spoke with who took my calls seriously when I told her about my mother's care and she sent emails to alert the Director of Nursing and the Executive Director, neither of them ever reached out to me regarding those emails. Today, while moving her out there was once again another problem and the only person available to speak with was the head of HR. She was very sympathetic and told me she had never heard about any of my issues until yesterday when I called to tell them I was moving my mother because of the lack of care. When you are paying this amount of money each month you would certainly think they could afford to hire more help and a higher quality of staff who has compassion for the residents. I feel so horrible for the residents who don't have an advocate that are stuck there and can't speak for themselves! It's inhumane to leave residents in soiled diapers for hours upon hours which leads to skin breakdown and UTI's, not to mention their dignity!

Nice community, its just to...

Nice community, its just to far from my home. I like that they have multiple levels of care in one facility.

Parklane West provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Personalized Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Care. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful.