Elmcroft of Muncie - Muncie, IN

My grandmother lived at Elmcroft and so did my aunt. Great place and great staff.

Very homey and friendly staff

My tour at Elmcroft was very pleasant. I was encouraged that they do have respite care, minimum 3 days. Have all the requirements written down. I think it will fit my needs when the time comes. Others in my family have used Elmcroft. Always satisfied.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind words! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your tour and will be joining us in the future!

Care and pricing

Very nice and clean facility. Cost was the next factor as it was $3k less a month than Woodlands in Muncie, although they were an accredited RN facility and Elmcroft is accredited as a LPN facility, I still feel my mother is receiving the care she needs. Elmcroft offers more privacy and allows their patients more access to include going outside an enclosed area if they want as well as a room key for access.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! Our top priority is making sure our residents receive the best care. We are happy to have your mom a part of the Elmcroft Family.

Good Experience Overall

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. The tour was a nice one, and everyone was kind to my family, and I. The community appeared to be nice, and clean. The staff was informative, and answered my questions. The experience went well overall.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for sharing! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the tour and had a pleasant experience.

At time the feelings and needs of the residents are not respected

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you feel this way. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the people who live and work with us. We encourage you to call our Ethics Hotline at [removed] to discuss your concerns.

Toured, very nice looking but expensive

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Elmcroft was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also one of the more expensive places we looked at, and out of the price range we were looking in. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a very nice job at Elmcroft of Muncie. The people here are friendly, and do a great job looking after the residents. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they've got a lot to provide the people who live here. Really the only issue we've had is that I think the communication between staff and families could be better, we like to be kept more in the loop.

BEST PLACE HANDS DOWN!!!

This is an incredible place. I was so impressed with the atmosphere, the friendliness of the staff and the dining room experience, .
I spoke with some of the residents and they even let me come into their apartments to check it out. They seemed to really love it there.
My mom was very withdrawn from people, didn't want to go anywhere and was unsure about selling her home. They helped us through the process and she's continued to make some great friends. She even comes out of her apartment and joins in to most of the activities.
I couldn't be happier!!!

Great place!

We've had a great experience with Elmcroft, I have no complaints whatsoever! I'd rate them highly across the board! From everything that I've seen during my visits the staff are very good with all of the residents. I'd heard very good things about this place before we toured, and from the moment I walked in I knew this was the one!

Excellent and the memory care unit is...

Excellent and the memory care unit is right next door if it comes to that. All units are 1 bedroom, but everyone has space outside door to decorate or put a chair.

Less than an hour northeast of Indianapolis, Elmcroft of Muncie is part of a community that is a wonderful combination of America’s heartland and a thriving, dynamic city. The Muncie area offers access to the Muncie Symphony, Christy Woods, the Wheeler Orchid Collection and all the resources found at Ball State University.

Elmcroft of Muncie, an Indianapolis assisted living and Alzheimer’s care community offers accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Muncie has a licensed Health Care Director on-site or on-call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Muncie features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.