Addison Place - New Castle, IN

Addison Place - New Castle, IN has yet not published prices.

Great Place

Our Parents live at Addison Place, placing them in Assisted Living was a huge decision and adjustment for them as well as for our family. The staff made it easy on all of us to make the move. Before moving into Addison Place, our Parents were not involved in any activities and withdrawing from everything. It is amazing the difference in them now. They play games now that they would have never done before. They really like the food, they get exercise, they have made friends with all of the other residents and they love the staff. The Activities Director is awesome, he has helped tremendously with our Parents. We have had a couple small issues with Nursing but everything has worked out great. The new Director is awesome, you can tell that she Genuinely cares about all of the Residents as if they were her own Grand Parents. Addison Place is well taken care of, very clean, the Maintenance Guy is very awesome also!!! We just can't say enough about everyone at Addison Place!!! You feel very welcome and at home as soon as you walk in to the door thanks to the Reception Staff. They are all great!!! We are very impressed and feel that we made the right decision in placing our Parents at Addison Place.

Love my home

I love the nursing staff. They know how to care for me and my arthritis pain. This is my home and I love it here!

I think Addison House is a clean and appealing place for our mom to live. The workers always seem nice and call her by name and try to take good care of her.

Best Senior Living!

What an amazing place! The care and attention are excellent. My grandmother lives here and I couldn't be happier. I no longer have to worry if she is eating or taking her medicine. She is more social now than she has been in years. There are so many activities! The people that work there are very loving and caring. It is also very clean! If you are looking for a place for your family this is it! I wish we had found this place sooner.

My mother recently passed away at Addison Place. She absolutely loved it here. The employees that work here are so loving and caring. I would highly recommend Addison Place to anyone looking for the best care for their loved one. They go above and beyond everyday and every time I walked through the door they made me feel like family. It is small intimate setting and every one is involved with giving great care from the administrator all the way to the housekeeper. Great place! I love you all!

My over all experience with Addison Place was a great one. Most of the staff are very friendly and from the outside looking in, they seem to really care for the residents. My grandmother has lived there for quite some time. We have never had any issues until recently. The entire nursing staff is absolutely wonderful. However, those in the office could use some help. As I do every so often, I went to visit with my grandmother and was enjoying my time as always when I overheard the administrator yelling at a staff member in the common area while other residents including my grandmother sat around. While this is just my opinion, I don't believe it was very professional. Any issues that may come up should be addressed in a closed office. Not only did it make me feel uncomfortable, you could tell the residents were concerned as well. This incident happens to be one of the few I have witnessed. I know the stress of the job can not be easy, but when you treat people with respect, you get it back. I personally have not seen any respect from the administrator to any of her staff. Hopefully she isn't that way with our families.

Recommended

My dad is declining mentally but still in good physical condition. Addison Place offers the security we were looking for in an apartment-like context. We were especially pleased with the large, secure outdoor space, easily accessible to residents and enhanced with bird feeders, small beds of garden vegetables, etc.

The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and attentive to the needs of residents. They have gone "above and beyond" to accommodate Dad, especially during a recent period of illness.

The 1/2 star off is due to small maintenance issues - exterior doors to the outdoor space could use fresh paint, the upholstery on the arms of some chairs in the main community area is showing wear, etc. For the level of care Dad receives, our family can easily overlook these few flaws.

Seemed understaffed

Overall I was not impressed with our experience at Addison Place. The facility itself is nice enough, it is clean and well kept. I feel that their biggest issue is that they just do not staff on hand for the number of residents they have. Sometimes on the weekends there would only be two staff members trying to cover every resident. They did their best, but the care ended up being very shallow, they only had time to take care of big issues and no time to just check in on everyone.