Rawlins House and Fall Creek Retirement Villa - Pendleton, IN

My father new home

I like the care at this community. The staff is helpful and attentive. The community is clean and we are happy to know that he is happy with the environment. The menu is outstanding and he likes being able to choose other options. We like that he is active with the other residents with the activities that are offered.We would recommend this community to other families for the care and good value that is received

disappointed

I usually go to visit my family member who just got moved to the south wing ,Every day I go I see the same employees running up and down the halls while majority of the nurse sit on their butts at the nurse station . Usually there is only 2 aide taking care of 40 something people .Dinner is suppose to start at 5:30 and we had to sit and wait for 45 minutes for them to start serving food and even when they started that no one still didn't have any drinks .It's not just one or two days it's every day I go .The dietary staff sit and wait until the nurse aides come in and help. I even talked with a few family members of other residents and found out they helped pass drinks in the dining room on a few occasion because they felt bad . Pendleton is close and easy for our family to get there but we are looking for other places .I heard a few nurses talking about bed bugs if so I believe they should notify family immediately instead of keeping it a secret .I don't believe my family member or anyone else's is getting the care they truly deserve and I'm not sure the management of the building cares either .

Good Care

I think that they have done a very good job taking care of my dad. Overall, it is a clean facility. It is not your, how some might say "Grandmother's facility"; it is just not the stereotypical facility. The staff is friendly and they take good care of my dad.