Elmcroft of Heritage Woods - Mobile, AL

A Very Accommodating Community

It is well for my sister-in-law and it took some time to settle in but now she likes it there. They have good service and good care. the staff are really nice and she likes not having to manage her medication, they remind her and help her. She has made some friends and the staff go out of their way, sometime they will wash her hair too. She likes care and the food too. It has been so much nicer at this community.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear your sister-in-law is loving her new home! Thank you for sharing your experience. Thanks again!

Friendly, caring staff!

We're very happy with how things have turned out at Elmcroft of Heritage Woods! It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff is absolutely wonderful! They obviously really have the best interests of the residents in mind. We originally moved my loved one into their memory care unit, and after a few weeks of observing her they said she would probably be better off in the assisted living wing, and they were right! I really appreciated that even though it meant less money for them, they wanted to make sure my loved one was in the place she'd be most comfortable!

Love the memory care

We recently moved my mom to the memory care here. She absolutely loves it. Cheryl the activities director is great and you can tell she really loves the residents. We wish we had moved my mom here years ago! We were nervous when her first few days she has a not so nice roommate, but Elmcroft handled it with respect and a lot of professionalism. They treat their residents with a huge amount of respect leaving them with their pride and dignity. We are looking forward to many years here!

Level of care not as good as expected.

Things did not go so well when my mother was living at Elmcroft of Heritage Woods. We ended up moving her out. I felt the level of care was not what was expected. I would recommend others who do place a loved one at Elmcroft to spend lots of time there, at different times of the day and to really pay attention. Also to not be inhibited to speak up.

Love the memory care!

We moved our Dad into the memory care in February and couldn't be more pleased with Elmcroft. The one on one attention he gets, the care and cost can't be compared with. Dad will have many great memories here.

Most of the staff is helpful and concerned

I think their meals are very good. Most of the staff is very helpful and concerned. Some of the staff could improve. I think the residents could have some additional activities for the residents that cannot get out. This would help the residents that have less mobility and independence.

Best place for my parents!

We moved my parents here in July and couldn't be happier. The nursing staff are great and very attentive. My parents are frequent users of the pendant call and the staff are always speedy when responding and very friendly. Highly recommend when looking for a loved one!

Not a good experience

Our experience with Elmcroft of Heritage Woods was not a good one, unfortunately. It is a nice enough looking place, and the staff are friendly, but they just did not do a good job taking care of our loved one. After only a week there they mixed up her medications, which ended up causing a fall. I would warn any family placing a loved one that needs medications here to be extra vigilant.

Cannot Recommend This Place

I cannot in good faith recommend Elmcroft of Heritage Woods to anyone. My mother was a resident there from July of 2013 until June of 2014. I had numerous problems with the administrative staff while she was there. In fact in early 2014 the entire administrative and nursing staff was replaced with new staff. I thought this new administration would make a difference but it did not.
In June of 2014 my mother fell in the shower (she had many falls at Elmcroft) while the caregiver who was giving her a shower turned her back and my mother slipped. As a result my mother's health deteriorated rapidly and she required skilled care. She is now at the [name removed] here in Mobile and is receiving the care she should have gotten at Elmcroft.

The best decision I ever made. My mother loved her brief stay. My only choice if I have to go away for an extended time.

Night Walker

my mother was in the community eleven days and late one night while unattended and unsupervised she got up and went for a walk, but feel and broke her hip. I was not very pleased by this. However, I think overall it was a descent place, the activities were suitable, the food was edible and the staff was very friendly,.after the fall I moved her to a nursing home where she was attended to at all hours of the day

Elmcroft at Heritage Woods, offers a special combination of daily living, personalized supportive services, and interactive activities. Since 1995, when our first community opened, we have offered a full range of personalized assistance with daily living services to seniors. We focus on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as long as possible with a tailored plan of assistance to meet their needs. Our ergonomically designed community houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents. Our residents call Elmcroft their home, and we love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy Elmcroft for the clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. Come see why so many seniors call Elmcroft home.