Homestead Village of Fairhope - Fairhope, AL

No more worries...

Although my mom is still adjusting I know in my heart that she is where she should be. Her biggest complaint is that she has to ask for any over the counter medicine she wants to take, ( ie: aleve, etc) it's not allowed in the residents apartments. Everyone has been very friendly and attentive. I know she is getting 3 healthy and tasty meals a day. When we were out shopping the other day and I called to tell them she would not make it back for lunch, they put her meal in her room so she wouldn't miss it. I give The Huntingdon at Homestead Village a 👍

The facility primary administrator was great. Some of the assisted living staff were attentive and caring. We did not feel the administration at this section was particularly concerned about the residents nor very helpful in resolving resident problems. The rooms and dining areas were nice.

They have pretty much met my expectations.

We use the independent senior living, and it would be nice to see more presence of the staff, and more open communication with the residents and to see them build more of a relationship with the residents. There are activities but not much urging or presence of the staff. We did have some holiday meals there, they were good. The outdoor living was a huge component, the others we saw were more institutional and dorm like. The town is great and it is in such a great location. They have front porches and courtyards, and they are willing to let people do as they please and change things in their rooms and they have a garden area too.

Upon arrival, we were infor...

Upon arrival, we were informed that the tour guide went out of town and did not leave any indication that a tour had been scheduled. We were denied access to the independent building because there was no one to escort us. The office attendant did call the assisted living facility and they were kind enough to give us a tour even though their tour guide was unavailable. My uncle did not like the Huntingdon facility 'too boring' and I had to convince him to keep an open mind about the independent living option at HV. I was very disappointed because I feel that he would be most happy at HV but he will not be able to visit it before he leaves (Sunday) and he needs to make a decision quickly. I will rescedule and visit myself asap and send him pictures etc.

Very nice place.

Very nice place.

Homestead Village’s purpose is to provide a quality retirement experience. We have beautiful independent living and assisted living apartments on a month to month rental basis, with a 30 day out notice. We have no endowment or buy in. Homestead Village is on a beautiful 17 acre campus, located in the heart of Fairhope, and only 2 blocks from Thomas Hospital and within walking distance to everywhere. We have a beautiful pool, a wellness center with gym, sauna, steam room and hot tub. The Movement Center, with many weekly classes, is a popular spot for residents to take classes that strengthen and prevent falls. There is a guest suite for visitors and an on-campus Pub and Grill.

Our motto at Homestead is “Where wellness is a way of life.” We strive to do this by keeping our residents busy and happy with our many trips, activities and parties. Come see our beautiful village and our beautiful town, right on Mobile Bay. You will want to join us!