The Brennity at Daphne - Daphne, AL

Beautiful place and very inviting staff. It is a large facility and my mom wanted something more personal and a smaller community.
Thank you!

Very well presented. Place was inviting and laid out with street scenes from the past. I liked The Brennity better than the other three places we visited and better than where mother is at now ([name removed]). It is enough less than [name removed] and the [name removed], and we think we make it work long term.

I would give 4.5 stars if possible. The Brennity appears to be a good facility and more importantly, had a good ADPH report.

This place is ideal, light, bright, community designed in a circular pattern with interesting old time things to look at (soda station, old typewriter etc). Their outdoor area is beautiful too. Of course they had no openings. :-(

This may be out best choice. I love the look of them in Daphne and in Fairhope. Memory Care is offered if we need it, or if he needs to move to that later. Smoking is allowed outside.

Great care and great staff

This is a great community for outstanding care. We like all of the staff that are helping in all ways. The community is clean and we do like the professionalism of everyone here. We like knowing that she is now involved with a lot of the activities with the other residents. We know that she is happy and would highly recommend this community for the outstanding care and value.

Would not recommend

This wasn't a good place at all. I would not recommend them at all. He continually feel and they were not helpful towards my husband. He is in another community now and it is like night and day.

Wonderful place to live!

We are super pleased with The Brennity. They have done a fabulous job with making my loved one feel at home. They have great staff that is friendly and helpful and I really feel like they care. They have many activities to do with the residents. They also allow pets and have a beautiful outdoors area.

Wonderful place to live!

The Brennity at Daphne has been a wonderful place for my mother. She has become more active and receives much more stimulation than we could ever provide her at home. From the time we first inquired about this community to the time she became a resident, our experience has been nothing but top notch. Everyone is friendly and helpful. You can tell the associates truly care about the residents. People seem to really enjoy living here!

Perfect

My siblings and I needed a place for our brother and although expensive, The Brennity was a perfect place. It is very clean and welcoming, the food is great and the staff are very caring.

Not very friendly and although a nice setting outside inside can be hard to navigate for seniors

really genuine

The staff at The Brennity at Daphne are really genuine. They don't fake being friendly and it shows. As my husband puts it, it doesn't smell like and old folks home at this facility which really helps as far as the ambiance. The Brennity at Daphne was the first facility I toured and after that I didn't need to see any other place!

My family member currently lives in the memory care portion of The Brennity at Daphne and has for 2 years. The staff is attentive and friendly. They are able to provide her with care that we would not be able to alone as a family. We are beyond pleased with their services and would recomend them to anyone and everyone!

Nice place overall, a few areas they could improve

I lived here for a time, and while there are definitely a few areas they could improve I think overall they did a nice job here.The facility itself was well kept and clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful. However, the food could use a lot of work, it was not very good. They also could stand to improve their transportation service, it wasn't very reliable and there was not much within walking distance.

Jennifer Malloy

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our culinary program and transportation. We would like to invite you back to The Brennity at Daphne for a private lunch and meeting to discuss your concerns and also to show you what we have to offer. Please contact Greg Crutcher the District Director of Operations at [removed] to schedule your visit. Again thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

Disappointing after the hard sell.

I heard good things about the Brennity, but apparently the latest management company has let things slip greatly. While visiting recently, I witnessed aids sleeping, playing on their cell phones and generally not looking at the residents whose care they are responsible. My parent's bathroom was absolutely filthy - my feet stuck to the floor in the bathroom. When complaints were presented to a nurse, these complaints were brushed aside as unimportant. Medical decisions are being made by a nurse (who you rarely see out on the wing my parent is on) without consulting the family which I find very troubling. Food allergies aren't given enough attention. Management really needs to start paying attention to what the staff is doing on the weekends when they aren't to be found.

Meals need to be improved

Mom's been at Brennity Daphne one year. If food was consistently good, I'd give five stars. It was ok at first but has gone downhill over the year. Cooks change, quality deteriorates, menu doesn't match what is actually presented. Seniors like their food...sure wish more of the budget was allotted to meals instead of promotion.

A review of The Brennity at Daphne

My wife and I were in need of a good Assisted Living and/or Memory Care facility for my wife's Mother and my Mother-In-Law. We wanted for her last years to be spent in a place where we could be sure that the care & facilities were excellent. We were assisted by A Place For Mom's Dawn Miller Coons and The Brennity at Daphne was an excellent choice. Amy Linder the Director of the Assisted Living portion at the Brennity was so good that we felt that was a member of our family with an unbelievable work ethic and "stay-to-it-ness" that only "family" can have for an "aging loved one"! After two months of trying to get my mother-in-law out of The Mobile Infirmary, out of Eastern Shores Rehab Center/Nursing Home ( which was an excellent facility as well) Our "aging loved one" is now living in the Memory Care portion of The Brennity at Daphne and my wife and I are extremely happy with the care she is receiving there. Amy assisted us during the entire two months and finally we were able to get her to The Brennity!

Brenenity of Daphne

The Brennity is one of the nicer assisted living areas in the area. It is clean & has a beautiful setting. We were able to get a discounted rate as they are going thru some management changes. All the staff have been very pleasant. We are encountering more additional charges than we thought I think you just have to build this into the price. t's only been a few days but everyone has been very helpful. Amy in the marketing dept. is great.

I have had a tour of the Br...

I have had a tour of the Brennity at Daphne. It is where I would like my mom to go, but I want her to make the final decision. My step-dad passed this past Wednesday, so our situation has changed drastically. I want what is best for her and right now, she is in a spiral not knowing what to do. We are still interested and I am still going to proceed with following up to try and get VA assistance as well.

Celebrated for its modernized brand of senior livng, the Brennity at Daphne is dedicated to ensuring the very best for our residents' golden years. Located in the picturesque beach town of Daphne, our sprawling grounds offer lake views and a tranquil new environment to call home. The Brennity offers 24-hour access to personal care, but no two assistance regimens are alike. Residents and their families work with our staff to custom tailor care to individual needs, ensuring all the necessary medical and personal assistance, while encouraging our residents' independence and respecting their privacy. We offer laundry and housekeeping, medication assistance, on-site medical professionals, transportation around town, and assistance with medical appointments. In the spirit of privacy, our one-bed rooms offer several plans that comply to the needs of seniors who join the Brennity community as couples or by themselves. All rooms feature their own bathrooms and storage. We are proud of our commitment to families with Alzheimer's and dementia patients. Our special memory-care program strives to stay up-to-date with the latest treatment options for all memory illnesses, and offers all the assistance that the Brennity is known for, plus any additional care for memory patients. Our team works with memory care patients in a secure environment to improve and maintain cognition, and to minimize anxiety. The culinary staff are devoted to providing the best in delicious and nutritious meals three times daily in our dining room; residents' suggestions and even recipes are welcome. Activities and social events are provided each week, and recreation and fitness areas are always available.