The Brennity at Fairhope - Fairhope, AL

Brennity Review

Things were a bit rocky when my father first moved in. They had removed the hard wood floors and replaced them with carpet without telling us. We spent $6,000.00 having hard wood put back in.

While they do take care of maintenance, the staff is somewhat marginal. My father and other independent living folks need to stay on top of the staff to get things repaired.

Despite those two things, The Brennity has been good for my father. He is developing new friendships and I think he feels secure there. The cottages are nice and the clubhouse where they share their meals is nicely kept. Despite the couple of negatives, I think the Brennity is a great independent living facility.

New Residents

Our tour and initial information were very helpful. The facility is well appointed and the majority of the staff are very friendly. Unfortunately, our family members moved in the week Brennity of Fairhope was going through some administrative changes which created some confusion and communications were mishandled. The food has been less than advertised, but we've been assured it will improve due to the hiring of a new culinary director. We are hopeful and this week should see improvements.
The location is great and they have lots of activities. We hope that our family members become more involved and better acquainted with the facility and staff in the near future.
The apartment is very nice and their view of the courtyard is lovely.

Long distance daughter

Visited my Dad and really like this place! He is eating much better. I had lunch with him and the food is good!!
Blessing that he is allowed to use his motorized wheelchair which has increased his participation in activities.
Place is clean and staff is very friendly.
Someone is always at front desk to make sure visitors sign in which I appreciated very much.
Grounds and parking lot area are clean and well maintained.
Staff is also helpful and ready to help find the right person to answer a question.

My Mother Is Doing Well At This Community

Everything is working out very well for my mother here at this community. She is happy for the most part, and I'am satisfied. The staff is great, they are kind and good with their commutation. She isn't very pleased with the meals. Overall I know she is safe and in good hands here. They are providing her with good care. Everything has worked out well for us here.

food needs improvement

At The Brennity at Fairhope the food needs improvement. It is just not good. That really needs improving. They also need better integration of new residents. The facility does not have central heat and air. They are just window units.

Jennifer Malloy

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry for your negative experience.

We are excited to announce that we have hired a new Culinary Director, Josh Wilson, who comes to us with 10 years of Senior Housing culinary experience. His number one priority is food quality and he is already making a difference. I would like to personally invite you to join us for lunch or dinner so we can discuss further and also show you our improved Culinary program. Please call Amy Stephenson at [removed] to arrange a personal meeting.

mom really enjoys it

It was a really great experience. They were very helpful and informative and did a great job helping us through the process. Once we got in, the staff has been just incredibly nice and welcoming to my mom. My mother really likes it, and everyone there has done a great job making her feel welcome and at home. She is enjoying it and has adjusted really well.

they've been great

I have nothing but praise for The Brennity at Fairhope. They have been great. My mother, however, has not been great. She has been a little difficult to deal with and as such we are reassessing our options trying to decide the best course of action to take for her, but that is to no fault of the wonderful people at The Brennity at Fairhope.

Nice place, but expensive

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place! The staff were all very friendly, and the community itself was clean and well kept. It looked like they had a lot to provide for their residents! It was also very expensive, and unfortunately out of the price range that we were looking in.

I would recommend them to anyone. I'm real happy with it.

It has worked out really good. We had lots of issues with getting the medication straightened out, in the beginning. Now that it's straightened out it's working well. They have changed some of the management. They have really good activities, and do a good job keeping them busy. The food is real good. The nurses are really caring, and show a lot of concern. They have been just as accommodating as they can be. I would recommend them to anyone. I'm real happy with it.

This was really nice, I really liked it.

This was really nice, I really liked it. The staff were very friendly, and the decorations were super nice. It was more assisted than what we needed. They seemed like the most organized location of the places we went to. The lady who was in charge seemed more on top of things than the others we came across.

We were very impressed with...

We were very impressed with the facility and services, however it is rather remote as compared to HV, and he would be limited by the distance to the Thomas Hospital wellness Center for fitness programs. This facility is a possibility.

ALSO VERY NICE FACILITY. A...

ALSO VERY NICE FACILITY. A LITTLE NEWER THAN HOMESTEAD AND A LITTLE 'FANCIER'.

Carroll Place is an assisted living community located in the beautiful, quaint town of Fairhope, Alabama on Mobile Bay. Carroll Place is a one-story building with 99 apartments and three different floor plans. It is located close to shopping, hospital and doctors’ offices. As you walk into Carroll Place, you will immediately begin to feel the warm, friendly, secure atmosphere that our residents enjoy each day. You see one of our many lovely, living rooms (two have fireplaces) in which folks can sit and relax or visit with family and friends.

Residents’ meals are served restaurant-style in beautifully decorated dining rooms, and there are two private dining rooms in which residents can host private, dinner parties. Residents may participate in scheduled activities in the facility and outings in the community. With committed, caring staff and more than 15 years experience, Carroll Place provides our residents the security and assistance they need, while helping them to maintain their maximum level of independence and giving their families peace of mind.

Carroll Place is owned and operated by Mercy Medical, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy.