Elmcroft of Grayson Valley - Birmingham, AL

The tour went great.

Great Activities

The workers and nurses are nice and I can still go to my church and I enjoy the onsite beauty shop! The activities are great and [Removed] is wonderful.

Love living at Elmcroft!

I love it here! It. It's comfortable and I don't have to cook or clean. I have made new friends here and that's what it's all about!

Good Food

I like all the people that work here and the good food...Its the next best thing to home when I know I can't be at home. Everyone is nice here at Grayson Valley.

[Removed] was wonderful, walked me around the facility answered questions, really put me at ease. If Mom qualifies it would be a good fit. Thank you

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us.

Shaky Start

Got off to a rough start on first two days after Mother moved in. Up to that point all was well, everything done professionally, but failed to give her blood pressure medicine to her that night and the next morning; that set me off! After that was straighten out things have gone well. Mother is on a "soft" diet and they don't always do well in following that! I'm a business man and I get upset when people don't do all they claim should should do for their client/patient; but I will say that Mother wasn't too keen on going to a home to begin with, but she tells me every day that the ladies who tend to her each day are the nicest people she has ever met. If they can keep her happy and safe then I'll be happy, but you better do your job.

Megan Strothman

Thanks for the feedback, Terry. Making sure your mother feels at home and is getting the proper care she needs is most important to us. If these issues still continue, please reach out to our Ethics Hotline [removed] to discuss your concerns.

I am happy with the care that my mom is getting here. The staff are nice and caring, My mom feels that the meals could use some small improvements. The variety is excellent. She likes a lot of the great activities. I toured a lot of communities. the residents here are happy and the staff are easy to talk with. i would recommend this community for other families. I would recommend this to be a great community.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

Top choice !!

I was very pleased with my tour of this community, it was one of my favorite communities that we had looked at. Everything about this place was amazing and had such a welcoming feeling to it. All of the staff where friendly and gave my loved one and I a very detailed tour of there facility. This was one of our top choices and I would highly recommend it.

Clean, Healthy Environment, Friendly helpful staff. Encouraging and outgoing safe functional layout nice updated rooms and common areas. A place that we recommend often.

What a blessing to have been able to live in such a nice place for 12.5 years. I’m 98years old and am doing so well. All the help have been so good to me. The food is good. My weight has stay the same. We have good activity. They take as to the Dn. And shopping. I’m close to my family. Everything has been so good. I’m enjoying.

We have had seniors from our community that have lived there. They have all been happy that they moved there. The employees are a special kind of people. They really care about the welfare of their residents. The chef and crew do a great job with the menu.

Review of Elmcroft of Grayson Valley - Birmingham, AL

Over the year my mother has been there more than 12years. Every thing the Manager, Assistant Manager and all the ladies that keep this place have done a great job. The family nights are always very enjoyable. Dining room and the room my mother lives in are always clean. The help do a great job keeping things nice. Thanks.

Review of Elmcroft of Grayson Valley - Birmingham, AL

House keeping is very good. “Great Lady”

Review of Elmcroft of Grayson Valley - Birmingham, AL

It has been a year since we made the decision to move our parents to an Assisted Living facility and Elmcroft had everything we were looking for! Aplace they could live together, plenty of activities, great staff and a place that felt like home. We witness both of our parents interacting with new friends (residents) and staff and attend activities on a daily basis. We know we made the right decision! Elmcroft staff love on our parents and that makes us love Elmcroft!

Review of Elmcroft of Grayson Valley - Birmingham, AL

I toured this facility to place a family member. I was very pleased with this facility and the kindness and professionalism of staff. I would recommend this facility everyone goes above and beyond what is required.

My husband and I went to view the place for my father in law and we likef it. We choose this place for him.

This Community Is All High Marks

Mike was my advisor and he is very nice and gave me all the information that I needed to make a decision for my mom. Everything was set up quickly and I would definitely refer anyone to A Place For Mom to get the best results. This community is a lovely place and my mom is doing fine. I have nothing but high marks for the staff and community of Elmcroft of Grayson Valley!

Helpful Staff

This is a beautiful building, everyone is so special. I came to see it and thought I had died and gone to Heaven, not really, but my room is lovely and all the people are ready to help anyway they can!

Good Food

I feel very safe at Elmcroft. I've gained 10 lbs, due to the excellent food and made many new friends!

A place to call home

Being at Elmcroft has been the best 11 years of my life!

Really Nice

The staff members are just really nice. There have been some things I have not been totally happy with, but she has not been there for very long and we are still getting some of the kinks out. They are always willing to help though.

Nursing staff is really good

The nursing staff (the main nurse) is really good and really receptive to my concerns with regard to my Mom. What they could improve on was having the systems in place when my Mom first got there to accommodate her needs. There were some issues with her not having a bath for a week when she first got there.

Caring Staff

They have done really well and I enjoy my aunt being up there. The dealings with the Elder Care, I am not pleased with that. They are the ones who kind of work with you financially and l think that is kind of a rip off. But Elmcroft itself is wonderful. Caring staff and they work with the residents really well.

Trust

Elmcroft delivers what they commit. In my case, my father deteriorated to a point they were the wrong care provider.

You can trust Elmcroft

Working out very well so far!

I helped a friend locate this community, and I have heard only positive things! The staff is friendly and caring, the facility itself is well kept and clean, and she even likes the food! The family is entirely satisfied!

Clean place, friendly staff

Overall I think they do a good job at Elmcroft of Grayson Valley! It is a nice looking. clean facility, and the staff here all seem very friendly and helpful. I'd give them high marks across the board! One thing I think they could improve would be to have more people available for wheelchair assistance, sometimes it can take a bit before someone is available to help get my loved one to the dining room.

good experience

They have been very friendly over there at Elmcroft of Grayson Valley. I have had a very good experience, and for what short time mom has been there she has had a good experience as well.

Very nice place!

Things have gone well overall with Elmcroft! It's a very nice looking place, and everyone we've worked with has been very friendly! The lady who handles their sales, as well as the head nurse, are both so energetic and so good with the residents! They're always doing little things to make people smile! The head nurse had a few different costumes that she wore around Halloween, which I thought was cute. The staff have been right on top of any issues we've had, and they've been very accommodating helping Mom get settled in. When it was time for Mom to move in the bed we ordered for her hadn't arrived yet, and they were happy to lend us one to make sure everything stayed on schedule with her move-in!

A place for MOM

My mother was only there for a couple of months. She had really good care. Had some issues with the manager which I understand has been replaced and things have taken a turn around. It was a good place for what my mother needed at the time, but they should do something about the pets. Accidents would happen and it would leave bad smells. Carpets needed to be cleaned more often. The food was not all that good either at the time my mother was at Elmcroft, but I believe all those people have been replaced.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. This was a nice looking place! The staff all seemed very friendly, and the facility itself was well kept and clean. Unfortunately my loved one was adamant about staying in the area she was in, so this didn't end up being an option.

Elmcroft of Grayson Valley, offers a special combination of daily living, personalized supportive services, and interactive activities. We focus on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as long as possible with a tailored plan of assistance to meet their needs. Our ergonomically designed community houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents. Our residents call Elmcroft their home, and we love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy our clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. Come see why so many seniors call Elmcroft of Grayson Valley home.