Elmcroft of Florence - Florence, KY

Understanding staff

While I was trying to find a location for my mother, I could not have done it without A Place for Mom. This was a rather fast process because I needed a place as soon as possible and I didn’t have time to look around. I am so happy that this was recommended to me because my mother very much enjoys it there. The staff is very very helpful to me and her. In fact there have been a couple of times hospice had to come out to see her and the staff team has been very understanding with the care that she needs. They offer all sorts of activities. The variety of activities to participate in is posted somewhere to let everyone know what’s happening and it’s amazing. I have had a couple of bites of the food there and I would say that my complaint with that is it seems very salty. With my mother’s condition I have try to limit her solvent intake, so I believe that they should hold back on the salt. However, the menu they have has a variety of choices. It looks like its very healthy meals with chicken, fish, soups, and vegetables. Residents have the choice to eat in their own room or in the dining area. All in all I recommend this location to others.

5 Star Hotel

Elmcroft of Florence community was like a five-star hotel. The tour we took of the community was absolutely beautiful. The staff was very friendly and the environment was very inviting. We chose another community based on our budget needs.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Very nice place but there are opportunities to make it even better.

My mother in law has only been at Elmcroft for about a month so it is difficult for me to be detailed in this review. However, I can say that the facility is very clean, the rooms are spacious, [Removed] is very engaged in activities, and the staff is very friendly.

The one thing I wish Elmcroft would make available for my mother in law is a secure place for her to spend time outside enjoying the nice weather. She is not allowed to sit outside because she is a wonder risk. She sees other people sitting outside and gets very frustrated when she is told she cannot sit outside.

There is a small courtyard down in the memory care unit. They let her go down there to walk around outside but she gets very depressed when she goes into the memory care unit because the residents there are near the end of their life. It depresses her when she sees it.

Other facilities offer lovely courtyards with flower beds and pretty gazebos with comfortable places to sit. I think [Removed] would enjoy this very much.

I am giving serious consideration to moving her because of this.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for you feedback, Dawn. Our priority at Elmcroft of Florence is to provide a home-like atmosphere and the very best care for our residents. Please know we truly value your comments, it's paramount to helping us better serve future residents and families.

Great community in a good area

My mother mother moved here recently and so far things are going well. My Aunt is also a resident here so it made it easier for her to adjust.She really enjoys talking with the staff and having one on one time with them.They are all very friendly. They offer many activities and even have guest performers come in but she has a hearing problems so she can't fully enjoy it. They offer sitting volleyball as well which is good for exercise..Her only complaint it the food.The dining room is on the first floor and she is on the second so sometimes when the food gets to her it is cold. We chose this community because it was in the area she was already familiar with. The post office and pharmacy are very close to the community.

I toured on Sunday, January 29,2017. It was my favorite. I liked the location, the single bedroom and all the activities available. It is a very nice facility.

For The Short Time Frame, It Went Good

My uncle stayed in this community for 4 days. During that time the staff did a good job with his care. They took care of his 2 big cats and had him ready to go for his doctor appointments. From having nothing to compare the community too and in a short time it was a 4 star experience. I appreciate A Place For Mom for providing help when we needed it.

Nice Tour, Everything Went Well

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. The community looked very nice. Everything looked neat and tidy. The staff was friendly and nice. The community is nice and big. Everything is went well, and my tour was nice.

4 Star Community

It has been over a month since my mom has moved in and so far she is getting better. The care is good here and now she is able to get up and down from her wheelchair, even push herself around in her wheelchair. It was a little tough in the beginning to get comfortable again but the staff helped her get comfortable. The staff are responsive every time I ask.

They are doing pretty good, I would give them a five.

They are doing pretty good, I would give them a five. We haven't had any complaints. The food is good. They were pretty comparable to other places we looked at.

Please do not use this place for a loved one.

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! If you are swayed by the staff dressing up nice for your initial visit and a nice new building, go ahead and send you loved one here. If you care about how they are spoken to and the actual assistance they receive, go ANYWHERE BUT HERE!!!!!!!! I have a Master's degree in Business Management and Administration and can assure you that I am reporting [removed] to any and all appropriate agencies so that they are adequately investigated for day to day operations and "getting back at the resident" for giving a 30 day move out notice. Again, go anywhere but here. I am so disappointed with what we have experienced for the care of my grandmother in the 2.5 weeks she has been there......after 3 days of having her live there we began looking for a different place.

A Clear Picture

My parent has been at Elmcroft for a while now. The facility is beautiful but while the common areas are always clean getting the units cleaned is sometimes difficult. You have to ask several times. Daily activities are prominently displayed but if you are there at the given time they don't always occur. The menu is not always healthy, soup is often served as a first course and it is almost always high in sodium, not good for a heart patient. When you hear from the nursing director regarding a health issue or a concern you are not given clear data, but a "that's what the staff has told me" remark. If you are looking to place a parent who is fairly independent it would work well. For a parent who needs some assistance you might want to get in writing, clearly spelled out, what you will receive, before you commit. You are often presented with a service (such as medicine) that makes you wonder if Elmcroft is receiving a kick back. Look at the entire package carefully.

It’s a pretty great myself.

Check it out. It’s a pretty great myself. I don’t have any trouble finding parking at this community. I have noticed my loved one might have some of someone else’s and I just needed to let them know about. They seem to be on top of things.

This was a luxury place.

This was a luxury place. They had a mahogany bar, leather in the cinema. I didn't like that they had open stairwells though. It was beautiful with the paintings and the woodwork.

Bad Deal

The service at Elmcroft is deplorable.....They do not do anything that is communicated to you during the Sales Speech....We had to beg for my dad's apartment to get cleaned..and I had to ask that they quitserving him meals with greens even though he is on coumadin. There is much more to comment, but bottom line is...when the employees are out of ear shot and say they are looking for other jobs...because it is that bad...BEWARE.....Plus my dad said he was losing things...Pretty sure they were lifted.

Updated Community

This community is very updated from the ambiance to the computer system to the health and fitness of the residents. They do not have skilled nursing but offer good care services for this type of community. They try to keep the residents active and moving as long as the residents wants to participate. I would absolutely recommend Elmcroft to anyone.

They were not prepared for us. Did n...

They were not prepared for us. Did not know there was a scheduled appointment. Did not meet with director. Does not matter. Not a good fit for us. She said it looked like a funeral home. I say, nice place but I would not want to live there. Even a person w/o short term memory problems could get lost.

I really liked Elmcroft. It was very...

I really liked Elmcroft. It was very nice and the separte wing for alzheimer patients would be a good fit for my mom. I really liked that they were together in their own area with dining room and common area. Director was extremely knowledgeable and sat and talked with me for quite some time. This site is at the top of my list.

Elmcroft of Florence, a Kentucky senior living and memory care community offers accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Florence has a licensed Resident Services Director on-site or on-call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Florence features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained. Security cameras provide added piece of mind.

Each apartment includes all meals, basic utilities including cable as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, a lounge, movie theatre, library, fitness center, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop and an in house pharmacy for a nominal fee.

The emphasis on activities is a main thrust of the service offerings. Social interaction is a vital part of overall good health and Elmcroft of Florence is committed to offering residents a full range of social, recreational and spiritual activities from which to choose. Scheduled transportation on the community van allows all residents to take advantage of travel activities.

Elmcroft of Florence is truly a great place to live and work and is pleased to be part of the Florence, Kentucky community.