Brookdale Edgewood - Edgewood, KY

Brookdale Edgewood - Edgewood, KY has yet not published prices.

Brookdale Edgewood

I toured Brookdale, and I really like it. I would say that the office staff was really cooperative. They had an entrance fee that I thought was quite high, and they were willing to reduce his first months rent to sort of lessen the blow of the entrance fee. Really the reason I did not choose them is because they do not accept state aid.

Brookdale Edgewood

I toured Brookdale while looking for options for my dad. We were very comfortable with Brookdale except that it didn’t offer the level of spirituality that we were looking for. We wanted a facility that offered a lot of opportunities for spirituality, and Brookdale just wasn’t quite a fit for us.

Pleased with My Mothers Move To This Facility

This is a community I would recommend. So far it is working out well for my mother since her move here. I know she is in good hands, they have a nice staff at this facility. They are helpful when needed, and has been kind when I visit. The community, and her room is well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The meals are nice, and she has gotten involved in some of the activities they have available. She does an exercise every morning. She is doing well, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us.

A good tour!

I really liked Brookdale when I toured. The facility was nice and the person that took me round was friendly. They were upfront with me and told me they would not be able to handle my uncle's level of care, which I appreciated rather than having to move him to another facility later.

An early review

Although this is an early response, Brookdale Edgewood seems a good choice for my wife. There she is close to her home, her family, and her friends that support her. She transferred to Brookdale just Thursday of last week. The staff members all seem anxious to help you help your loved one. The sales manager helped me through the preliminary details and my wife seems comfortable with her room albeit somewhat small. Food seem fine too. I am hoping more of her friends come to visit as they did when at the Rehabilitation. Those who have already visited seemed pleased and state that my wife seems content. I hope so.

They take good care of her...

I like the fact that the staff are warm and nurturing to my mother. She has made a lot of progress while she has been there. The place is always clean, my mother has a studio apartment and when I go visit her, the bed is always made, the bathroom is clean, and the floors are vacuumed. I was there during her meal time and the food looked good, she seemed to have a decent portion size.

Pretty much on par with all the other places we looked at, but as it was right in the back yard of one of my brothers, and I didn't want all the caregiving to fall on just one person, I decided against it. Very clean, the residents are all well groomed, I would move in myself.

Dedicated Staff Make It Better

Brookdale has a nice atmosphere and environment. My mom likes the staff and they make her care and atmosphere much better. They are dedicated and compassionate. They offer a variety of activities but mom in not too involved. We are working on encouraging her. She get nutritional meals and is just enough for her small appetite.

My place for my dad

I This was a nice community. My father did not felt that he did not want to move into this community. I found the staff to be nice and answered my questions. It appeared to be nice and clean. I suggest other families see this community to consider the care here for a loved one.

Needs Improvements With the Cleanliness

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. The cleanliness of them community could be better. It wasn't appealing. The carpet around the community was very filthy. It was not a place I would I felt comfortable moving my mother too.

Very Good Community For My Mother

So far everything is going very well for my mother with her move here. The transition process with smooth, she has adjusted well to this community. I'am very pleased with everything they have done for us. The community looks great, everything is very well maintained. They are providing her with good care. This community has worked out very well for us.

They Will Add False Charges

My mom was living here till they changed ownership. My first bill with them doubled in a month! I was threatened to pay or it will be reported to credit bureau, so I paid but have not been able to get a refund for a lot of false charges. They bill based on "a la carte charges". The administration is horrible NOT the care staff. Her care was great and the staff loved my mom, I did not want to move her but we had to due to false charges.

Great Food

Great meals and restaurant. The staff is wonderful and friendly. We are very pleased with everything and anything we asked, we got.

A staff who actually care and go above & beyond.

I wish I could remember her name but the lady from A Place For Mom was exceptionally. She understood what I needed (which was not the typical care). I would recommend this to everyone. Oh and also, it's not just for moms. I thought that in the beginning but this was for my father.

incredibly friendly

The staff is incredibly friendly at Emeritus Edgewood and just very nice. I do know that all of the residents complain about the food there. It is not good. That is all I would point out about this facility at this time.

Good & bad

Quality of care seemed pretty good - however, last few days there left questions. Unexplainable situations - our mother went to the hospital & died.

The process of closing out the account was cumbersome, lengthy, very frustrating. No disagreement on what needed to happen or the amounts --- just incredible delays. This involved the corporate HQ operation.

Excellent facility for your loved one

The staff is very friendly and sweet to granny. The place is extremely clean, the food appeals to Granny, and Emeritus is well priced compared to similar places. I was so scared of putting her in assisted living but I trust Emeritus.

So far it's working out pretty well.

So far it's working out pretty well. The staff is really good, and they keep it really clean. She likes the food. I would say that the staff could do a better job of communicating with the residents, letting them know what's going on. It would also be nice, if it were a little more clear, how to sign up for the activities, and where to go for the activities, a map or something. There were a couple of reasons I chose them, I liked the convenience of the location, and just the overall ambiance and friendliness of the place. Everyone was really outgoing.

Very nice place!

So far our experience with Emeritus at Edgewood has been a great one. The staff are all very friendly and professional, and I've been very impressed by the degree of communication they keep with the families of the residents. I was impressed how the woman who gave us our tour stopped and greeted each of the residents by name. Our loved one had to go to the hospital at one point, and they handled everything exceedingly well, they kept us completely in the loop and everything went very smoothly. They also provide excellent physical therapy here, we've had quite a bit of experience with various physical therapy services, and they are near the top of the list.

Nice facility, but actively monitor your loved one.

Having never had experience with this kind of facility, my feedback is based on initial expectations based on entry discussions. The nursing staff is made up of very conscientious LPN's. On-site beauty shop is very affordable.

Activities are scheduled everyday. used to be 4-6, now seem to be fewer. Response time to call pendent is guaranteed within 15 minutes. Experience is sometimes quicker, but usually longer -- especially at night when staff is reduced.

A nice facility, but you must stay involved to ensure maintenance and care levels are appropriate. Encountered problems with oxygen tank management regularly. Since getting portable concentrator, still have to remind the staff to put it back on the charger when Mom returns to her room.

Excellent care

Maureen, Valerie and all the other staff members at this facility were amazing. My sister and I were in a time crunch and very emotional state looking for a "nice" living facility for my father. Maureen met with us on very short notice and was able to answer all our questions and we had a sense of calm that Dad would be taken care of in this facility.

One thing that we noticed right away was that all the residents we met were actually in a positive frame of mind about the facility.

The entire staff, especially Jan at the front desk always greeted you by name and was ready to help with anything you needed.

Unfortunately my DAD was only in the facility for a short time before he went to be with my MOM, but I feel his last days were made much more Dignified and Comfortable by staying at this facility.

Very happy with Emeritus!

We only looked at a couple of other places but we chose Emeritus because of it's location. The staff is very friendly. They may need to hire more staff to help care for the number of residents, but they do the best they can. I have not eaten there but the food always looks really good so I think it would be pretty good.

Have toured the facility. May provid...

Have toured the facility. May provide the information to my father - not sure its right for parents.

secured levels all inclusive, have wa...

secured levels all inclusive, have wanderguards in secured area. Similar to Carriage Court.

Very nice building, grounds & apts. ...

Very nice building, grounds & apts. Offers 24 nursing, licensed to administer medicines, has PT. on site. Most neccessities are included in the base cost. Staff was wonderful. #1 choice

Brookdale Edgewood offers senior living options, including memory care, to seniors in the Kenton County Kentucky area. We are located in Ft. Mitchell and are considered one of the top personal care communities in northern Kentucky. Our residents enjoy grounds that are filled with gardens, walking paths and a private lake. Our indoor common areas include an on-site beauty and barber shop, private dining room for entertaining guests, library and recreation room.

Our residents love our choice of apartments which come in different floor plans, some of which offer a view of the lake. Apartments include screened-in porches or patios and are pet friendly. The apartments are also equipped with kitchenettes with refrigerators, a private bath with walk-in shower and individual climate controls.

Your loved one's safety and health is very important to us, and we offer assistance with daily tasks in such a way that promotes dignity and independence. Our caring staff can help with:

Medication management
Scheduled transportation services
Assistance with grooming, housekeeping and other daily needs
Behavior and health monitoring
Pet care and errand services

Our dining staff prides themselves on offering home-cooked meals and snacks that are both delicious and healthy. Residents can enjoy their meals with friends in our restaurant-style dining room or have meals delivered to their apartment upon request.