White Pine Senior Living - Fridley - Fridley, MN

Care wasn't good at all

My wife used to live at this facility and unfortunately, I had to move her out. I felt like the care she was getting for what I was paying, wasn’t good at all. I knew other people who lived here as well and they didn’t like it. When my wife was moving out, she had lost some brand new purses as well as shoes. When I spoke with the facility, they said they would find them. I have yet to hear of anything. I would not recommend this facility to other families.

I know my sister is safe at this community

This is a secure small community. The caregivers are attentive. They interact well with the residents and their families. They are aware of what is going on. The food is good and they offer a good variety of choices. They offer activities aimed at stimulating the residents mind. They have two levels of Dementia. They will accept medicaid. Everybody knows everybody and they work well together.

Beautiful Property!!

I really liked this property, it was actually one of my favorites out of all the different communities we had looked at for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and did a great job maintaining a clean beautiful property. My cousin just did not want to be on the first floor and that was the only thing they had open at the time.

Overall happy!

The staff is taking good care of my father and he is doing well since the move. One of our frustrations is that they do not go get him for activities. I know if they ask, my father will refuse but they could tell him that they are taking him or just take him down to join. Also, there have been a couple of times that his bathroom has been out of toilet paper. Other than that, we are happy with the care and we like that there is a set fee, that's what drew us in.

Nice Tour, Kind Staff

We had a good tour of this community. It is really nice facility. Everyone was kind, and friendly. From what I saw the community looked clean. It was a pleasant experience, but I didn't feel there was enough staffing. They were very kind to my family, and myself, but this wasn't the facility for us.

I toured the place twice and my sister and brother in law once. We all really like it. They spent a lot of time with us and answered all of our questions. We are planning to move Mom March 1st.

Happy people!

This community was really small and that was a turn off to me. I did like the staff they were very helpful and they answered all of my questions. The building was nice and the residents were out and seemed to be happy here.

The Most Satisfying Experience

I think that it has been the most satisfying experience that we have had and continue to have. She is extremely happy there and she is safe there. Everyone at White Pine is just gracious and pleasant and wonderful.

It's been good. It's a nice place.

It's been good. It's a nice place. We haven't had any major complaints so far. The food has been adequate, if there was a weakness it might be the variety, but I haven't really had any complaints from dad. They were pretty comparably priced to others that we considered as well.

We toured this facility. While the price was reasonable, the apartments were smaller than we wanted for my Mom. The one bedroom option was a large room with a patio.

...we were very impressed....

Over the course of two visits, one with and one without my elderly mother, we were very impressed with the atmosphere, employees, and effort to work with the residents. It really seems like a doable option for long term care outside of the home.

After only one week in the home, I find it impossible
to give much detail, except the people at White Pine
are very helpful, and quick to answers questions.
It is a very clean home.

This facility has a very good sales person to get you in the door but the care she promises is not what you get. The care to the residents is not good. There needs to be training or more training on how to handle residents with dementia. The aides yell, pull, or leave the residents to fend for themselves instead of knowing how to re-direct or engage them. This facility is quick to add drugs to 'calm' their residents when in fact they are doing it so the residents cannot function-makes less work for the aides. These are a few minor problems with the facility - they don't have enough silverware for the meals; no snacks or additional liquid is offered during meals or during the day/evening; many of the chairs in the 'main areas' have urine or stool stains on them; carpets in rooms are not vacuumed as promised; bathrooms aren't thoroughly cleaned. I would not recommend this specific facility to anyone.

My mom was a resident of White Pines Fridley for about 15 months. I knew we were fortunate to have mom living in this facility but while preparing for her funeral and talking to friends and family about her passing it has become even more apparent how blessed we were to be part of the White Pines family.

I have lots of people to be thankful for there - the management style, the knowledge and support of the nursing staff, the cooks and cleaners, and especially the loving and caring support that the aides and assistants give the residents every day. The staff truly works as a team with the goal of providing comfort and care to each resident every day. They meet them on their level and in their space and time. They encourage, laugh and cry with them. They help set realistic expectations and support the residents through each stage of their decline. And then they are there to support and hold the family in our grief.

Thank you to each and every White Pines staff for the patience and kindness you showed to me (and other members of our family) while I learned about dementia care and treatment, for helping me to have realistic expectations of mom and what the staff can do for them, for helping me understand what its like living with dementia in an assisted living environment, for guiding me through the disease process itself, and for helping me give mom what she needed to feel safe and loved in final days of life.

I count my blessings often and when I get to mom, I count White Pines twice.

Review of White Pine Senior Living - Fridley Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Fridley, MN

Had the ambience of a northwoods lodge, so very homey. Their approach to care is very one-on-one, with a focus on making activities as engaging, as much fun, as possible. Was impressed with much of what we heard and saw. But the rooms are little more than nursing home size, with no in-room facilities (kitchen, laundry, etc.) for those who wish to retain as much independence as possible.

Satisfied with the service

Things seem to be going well overall with White Pine Senior Living. It's a nice looking, pleasant community, and all of the staff have been friendly and easy to work with. I have no complaints at all about the service, and they seem to take great care of their residents.

I feel comfortable going on vacation.

It's going pretty good. It could be a little cleaner, but the staff is really friendly. I have a feeling that the value will go up for us as the Alzheimer's needs increase. I would like to see more fresh fruits and vegetables. I have brought this up and they are working on it. They seem to not have enough silverware and glassware, and they run out of juice pretty quick too. Other than that I am very pleased with them. I feel comfortable going on vacation.

very nice setting, staff was very genuine and informative, still looking at this time could be a definite consideration.I'd need to bring my mom out for a tour also.

Fabulous!

I think the staff is fabulous and I think they are a very caring group! They are wonderful to all the residents – there is a broad variety of patients in there. It’s amazing to me that they can take care of such a wide variety. Every time I walk in there it’s homey and when driving up everything to it is very nice. I like that it’s all inclusive. I didn’t want to get into a place that nickeled and dimed things. I have seen a calendar with a lot of activities.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

I wish I would have not counted on the outside appearance, because the care is below standard. The laundry is suppose to be done 1 or 2 times per week and I waited two weeks before complaining. They did the laundry and placed it in the middle of the floor without putting it away. This is a memory care unit and it very much upset my mother. They had a outbreak of flu so everyone was on quarantine, and this is 2 1/2 weeks later and the bathroom has not been cleaned ! They do walk mother to eat but not back to her room , which upsets her. I really believe they do not have training in dementia or Alzheimer's because routine is imperative, and there is none.

Very nice place, overall!

Overall we're very pleased with how things have gone at this community! It's a great looking place, everything is always very clean and well kept. The staff have all been very friendly and professional. My parents rave about how friendly and helpful the girls here have been for them! They've also got a good variety of activities in their memory care section.
The biggest complaint they've had is that since the memory care unit is the last stop when it comes to meal delivery the food and coffee often arrive cold.

The staff at White Pine were very po...

The staff at White Pine were very positive in way they cared for the old folks at white pine. they were cheerful and professional
at the same time. My family member had a problem with being
depressed. The folks that run White Pine helped her stay positive.

Caring staff and friendly

Pleasing open space. Staff is very friendly and caring. Responses to residents is always warm and cheerful.
Mostly has a clean smell upon entry. Food is simple. Could use some shaped plates so that those who scoop their food onto the utinsels would have a border to push it against-- it otherwise ends up on the table as it falls off the fork. This would enable some to feed themselves where as they might otherwise have to be helped by others

I am very pleased with my choice of W...

I am very pleased with my choice of White Pine for my Mother!

Not so great. The staff wa...

Not so great. The staff was friendly, but thought the place was too dark and too old. I didn't like much about it.

There was a little confusio...

There was a little confusion when I called ahead to confirm the tour as to who was going to give the tour. Instead of meeting with Danielle, Rachel gave us a tour. I felt like Rachel did know a fair amount about the facility but she was not great at giving the tour. I did like the activities and staff friendliness. They also do not provide a la carte services. You get everything for one price. The per month price is more than other places but if you consider all the services it's competitive. Availability is an issue and the disorganization was a turn-off but I have not ruled it out.

Great Experience

The price is all inclusive and the care is good. They interact with my wife very much. They have different activities every day. I've had nothing but a great experience with them so far. The food ahs been excellent.

This was a beautiful place but feel t...

This was a beautiful place but feel that because they do not deliver meals to the assited side , this will not work .