Ecumen Seasons at Apple Valley - Apple Valley, MN

Pricing for every little thing is beyond unreasonable!

Ecumen in 2011 was awesome. Caring, attentive staff who really took the time to get to know the family members with meetings and monthly family advisory council sessions. The housing manager now is horrible. No accountability of the staff. The dining room servers used to be professional, friendly and caring. They are now dressed sloppy (dining room manager wears jeans most of the time!), and don't even greet the residents by name anymore. The common areas of the building are filthy and not being maintained (a scrap piece of carpet has been rolled up in a stairwell for 4 years with dirt piling up all around it - and we've told the staff about it many times!). Now we are being charged for every little thing. The prices go up significantly each year, and they also find additional ways to charge for extras.

Happy Parents+Progressive Care Options=Peace of Mind for Family

My parents moved into a beautiful 2 bedroom unit with no services initially. My Dad utilized some of the Assisted Living options briefly but soon needed to move to a studio apt. in Memory Care on a different floor. This was such a stressful time for our family and the staff and residents couldn't have been more kind, caring or helpful. They made the transition much easier for us. My Dad is doing great with the consistent care he is receiving and has settled in beautifully. Mom enjoys being able to spend time with him whenever she likes. They both have made friends with the their neighbors in both areas, and they enjoy meals and activities with them as well . People look out for each other and are very welcoming. It's so nice to know that as needs may change, there are care options under the same roof. I highly recommend Ecumen Seasons and feel blessed that my parents live here and both love their new homes!

Great Facility

The Ecumen employees are very friendly. The cost is very attractive compared to other facilities. The location is great as it is close by many businesses centralized at Cedar and County Rd 42. There are good activities available also.

The only complaint I had was that the staff was not aware that my Mom was diabetic. She had an episode in the dining area and the Nurse was not aware. When I inquired afterwards, I found out that it was because she was not receiving any services. We have since gotten her an assessment which allows her to have a medical file on record. My advice would be to get an assessment immediately even if your parent is independent like my Mom is so they have a record on them and a starting point to compare for further assessments.

One item to consider is that currently they do not accept elderly waiver.

Overall, this is a great facility and my Mom enjoys living there.