Eaton Senior Communities - Lakewood, CO

Eaton Senior Communities opened in 1980 to provide a congregate (meal program and scheduled transportation included), rental subsidy program to adults 62 and over. Located near Lakewood's Belmar shopping center, this community offers 161 one-bedroom apartments with beautiful downtown and mountain views.

We offer an array of Life Enrichment Activities and our building includes a salon and spa, library, solarium, beautiful gardens, a fitness center with physical and occupational therapy, free internet to all residents, and restaurant style dining. Eaton has independent living and is attached to an assisted living.

Eaton Senior Communities Residences continues to accept applications for future residency. Due to eligibility requirements, all applicants are required to provide information on income and assets. The rental subsidy program allows residents to pay 30% of their adjusted monthly income towards rents. Utilities are included in the monthly rent, excluding cable TV. One small pet may be accepted with a pet deposit.

• Library

Have called Eaton Senior Communities home for 14 years and have enjoyed every moment of it. Facilities are complete..dining room, chapel, exercise room, nurse, rehab, on and on. Friendly and helpful staff. What more could you ask for.

I like it free very much! Lucky to have found this place!

How great it is!

Eaton Senior Communities has been home for eight years now. It is wonderful! Yes, we have a mandatory food program (I am in the Independent Living), and one can find plenty of healthy food options if one is willing to give it some thought. It is certainly better than shopping, figuring what to make, making it and cleaning up after! As I am unable to stand up long enough to cook meals, it is a great aid to me. There are selections in the Grab n Go for the times there is not dining room service and, of course, one can always get their food to go.
There are so many activities here, if you are bored in these buildings (independent and assisted living) it is your own fault! In my opinion, the staff is caring and helpful with an emphasis on aging well in place.
I love it here and urge anyone interested to come see for yourself!

Local Ownership makes the difference

Living at Eaton Senior Communities has given me joy and contentment for almost 5 years! I believe it’s the LOCAL OWNERSHIP, monthly food and resident meetings. Our peaceful church, part of the property, besides weekly services, is there for memorial services and concerts. Pastor Jim Ward serves our ecumenical community and usually greets us at lunch.

There are no outside services that our competent and busy staff can’t find for each resident’s unique and personal needs. They never stop looking for health and wellness providers to give us seminars.

Regular visits from a licensed masseuse, acupuncturist and a veterinarian for our pets, saves many trips away. Our 2 well-organized libraries and the scheduled county bookmobile do the same. Our bus goes free to grocery stores and restaurants (and to the Dollar Store for entertainment!).

Jessica Culey

Thank you for your detailed review! We are so happy that you enjoy all of the services that we offer.

Great Place to Live!

I am so glad I have the opportunity to tell you how Eaton Senior Communities has made a difference in my life. Each staff member works very hard at enhancing a better quality of life for each resident at Eaton, and enabling me to age in a place called home.

Jessica Culey

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that Eaton has enhanced your quality of life and we appreciate your feedback.

Great place!!!

Lots of things to do if you choose. Friendly staff and friendly residents.

Jessica Culey

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at Eaton.

Don't move there !!!!! BUDBUGS

This place is full of bedbugs and rude workers not to mention the workers are [removed].!

Horrible upper management

Horrible management at this facility

Jessica Culey

We are sorry to hear your experience regarding management; we strive everyday to do the best possible job we can for our seniors. Thank you for taking the time to share this issue and feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

[removed]

Unhappy with Eaton Senior Communities

If you are a Fundamentalist Christian of a Pre-Civil Rights Era mind-set and you are not on a low carbohydrate, high protein diet and don't mind what you eat---you will do find here. The food is awful. Assuming you are on the Independent living side of Eaton.

However, if you are wanting Assisted Living and are on a low salt, low carbohydrate, high protein diet this place is definitely, not a match for you. Eaton Senior Communities has a really bad record relative to treating its dissenters quite harshly and encouraging them to leave.

In 2010 Eaton Senior Communities was cited for neglect and abuse of its tenants--three of whom died from neglect and abuse. Another was left unattended on the floor for almost a day when he returned from the hospital and was not checked in.

Overall, I would not recommend this place in terms of its Assisted Living side.

The nightmarish Eaton Terrace

This place is a nightmare for people with special dietary needs. Just don't complain about the food and you will be safe--otherwise you might not make it out alive!

Jessica Culey

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy our meal plan and we continue to work towards accommodating people with special dietary needs. Let me know if you would like to discuss further.

Jessica-Director of Leasing
[removed]

People nice, place nice, but too many...

People nice, place nice, but too many infirm people not in the healthy shape my mom is in, and it's in a tower. Didn't like the 3 mandatory meals.

Jessica Culey

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you did not like the meal program; we offer a range of healthy foods and you can use the meals as you choose as well as order off of a separate menu. If you would like to discuss this further feel free to give me a call. Thank you.

Jessica Culey-Director of Leasing

Not too bad.

Not too bad.

enjoyed the visit. filled out the pap...

enjoyed the visit. filled out the paperwork. Waiting on opening.

Jessica Culey

Thank you for your review! Our waiting list can take some time, and we hope you get in soon (if you haven't already).