Brookdale Parkplace - Denver, CO

Parkplace Retirement provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful.

Nice Care for my

I did not like the care that I received. I was not there long. The staff was friendly. The community is very dark inside. The staff is over worked and always in a rush. They do not seem attentive. I like a calm . I would suggest that a person looking for a community to stay over night to see if it is a good fit. There were activities for participation to be active. They do charge for extra transportation. needs. If changes are made it would be a great place.

Still Getting Adjusted

My father is still getting used to the community, but so far everything seems to be going well. The community looks nice, they do a good job with keeping his room and the facility nice and clean. He has tired a few activities. The food is nice, they do serve well balanced meals. I know he is receiving good care.

Positive Life Experience

We are very happy with my mother father's move into Brookdale is has been a wonderful experience. The facility looks spotless very nice looking community. They have been excellent with everything the staff here is great we really enjoy them. The food is great as well my kids even enjoyed the food. It has been a very welcoming place from the residents to the staff everyone is very kind. They develop personal relationship with the residents around there the really like what they do so it more of a life experience a positive one which is great to see.

Very Friendly

I would have to say that all of the staff members working at Brookdale Parkplace are complete and consistent with their care. Everyone who is there is extremely friendly both to my loved one and the family.

Attention To Detail Is Very High

Brookdale Parkplace is expensive but I am getting a lot for my money. My mom requires a lot of care. The attention to detail is very high at this facility. My mom has been in one other place before this and this place as close to a full service nursing home without being in an actual nursing home as you can get. I am very pleased.

the care has been kind of sloppy

At Brookdale Parkplace the care has been kind of sloppy. I'm not sure if it is indicative of the industry but they are not good at retaining good help. They do have a lot of turn over. It is not specific to Brookdale Parkplace, as I have seen this at other facilities. Other than that I am pleased with this facility.

My mom is very happy

My mom is really happy there. She has been there 3 weeks. It is independent living with a plus! They pay a great amount of attention to her and made the transition very easy. I have received great communication from the staff, which makes me feel comfortable having my mom there.

A Great Experience

It has just been a great experience with the Brookdale Parkplace facility. My loved one is very happy with the place and likes being there. Overall, it has been a really positive experience for everyone.

Hotel-like. Nearby streets feel narrow. Phys. therapy in house. Pool, spa, heated. Workout room. Chair yoga once a week. Movies; bridge. Laundry on every floor. Ceramic stovetops. Floor plan feels choppy.

So far, so good.

So far, so good. The only thing that kind of struck me is that they are really rigid with the resident agreement. Other than that things are good, it's clean and the staff is friendly.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. The place is clean, and the staff is friendly. The food there is wonderful. We are very happy with it, it's working out very well so far.

Great Location

It's been a very nice experience. It's a nice property and it works for them. They are getting acclimated and enjoying their time with family and friends. The location is great and the property is nice and clean, with friendly staff and lots of activities.

mom is very happy

The staff at Brookdale Parkplace is very friendly. They have very good food, and a very inviting atmosphere. It was very easy for my mom to get comfortable there. She is very happy, so we are very happy.

Friendly, communicative staff

They've done an excellent job so far at Brookdale Parkplace! It is a very nice place, it is always clean and well kept. The staff do a great job looking after the residents! They're very friendly, and very good when it comes to communication with families, they always get in touch immediately if anything comes up. They've really impressed me so far, and I would recommend them to anyone looking into senior care in the area!

Filing a lawsuit

We were told that our mother would be checked on every hour in assisted living. She suffered a heart attack during the night and wasn't discovered for 8.5 hours.

Looked very nice!

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a beautiful place! Everything seemed very high end, and the staff were all very friendly! However, it was also one of the most expensive places we saw, and outside the price range that we were looking in.

Liked the apartments (great...

Liked the apartments (great views!) and all the activities (History professor's weekly discussions, poetry classes, trips to Symphony and theater regularly). Want to go back to get a better sense of the community and people who live there.

Very helpful

They were extremely helpful and I really appreciated them doing everything they could to help my dad. They were really helpful. We never really got the chance to complete the move in, but I really did appreciate all they did.

Very nice place!

They're doing an excellent job here! I'd give them 5s across the board. The staff have been very friendly, responsive, and helpful, and they do a great job keeping the facility looking well kept and clean. The care is excellent, they do a good job with the food, and they always seem to have a good amount of activities going on.

Working Out Well

Everything is working out very well! I really do not have a whole lot to compare this to, but everything is going great. The food is definitely average. It's okay, but nothing extraordinary. There have been a few issues with some things, but every time I called, it was taken care of right away. My choice was really based on location, and so far, everything is working out.

No Handicapped Parking

It was okay but the location was really bad and the actual room that my mother would be living in was horrible. It was dark and not particularly updated. There was no handicapped parking and that was very important to me. Everything else seemed like a big hotel.

Visited, loved this place, but nut su...

Visited, loved this place, but nut sure can afford. Need to check their finances and budget.