Eastgate Village - Cincinnati, OH

I would not recommend this community

This community is not being maintained very well. The community is independently owned by a second generation. The carpet in the dining room was filthy. They had artificial flowers in the front. They provide one meal a day. You are able to purchase additional meals. The meals are served on paper plates with plastic utensils.

Not a place for *MY* mom

It has only been a little over a week and I'm already having issues with this place. My mother moved in and she's suffering from dementia/early Alzheimer's. The staff has been downright rude to her, and they really don't like me getting involved and asking pertinent questions. Some of their policies make no sense at all, such as having to submit a maintenance work order to hang decorative pictures, etc., on the walls. Maintenance will do it for free in the first two weeks, but after that, there is a fee for a service call.

Mom bought two flat panel TVs to be mounted on the walls and we paid for professional installation. We told maintenance what we were doing and asked that someone be present to supervise in case the unthinkable should happen. The maintenance person is also the keeper of the cable TV boxes and he wandered off in the middle of the install. Perfect!

How this place ever got certified for memory care, I will never understand. If it weren't for the fact that they would charge my mom a fortune to move out again, I'd get her out of there ASAP.

facility is immaculate

My sister only lived at Eastgate Village a short a while. In that time I really appreciated how the staff was very cooperative with all of her needs. The facility is immaculate. The grounds are very well maintained. The staff was very friendly. The location was very convenient. Overall we were very pleased with this facility.

Review your options

Eastgate village is an aging facility. Do compare with other alternatives.

Some staff need to remember that their salary is being paid by the residences who live there.

Look toward future needs. Ask for a price listing of service charges. The cost for services that the resident receives when considering the rent you pay may be costly.

Upon move in do request an inspection sheet. Is carpet, stove, fridge new ect. What is managements definition of "normal ware and tear" How much of the move in deposit do you get back?

Ask about pricing for guests eating with their loved ones. It may cost less with better food to eat elsewhere.

Are there men and women nurses. Is there staff diversity?

Finally, do look at other options.

Not for someone you care about!!

I wouldn't put my worst enemy in this place! My father was here for 3 months and it was a nightmare. Unqualified staff & very mean to the patients. Have had other friends parents here & they too gave had the same experience.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Eastgate Village has been a good one. The staff are all very friendly, and the facility itself is clean and well kept. They seem to have a good variety of activities and amenities that they provide, and the food they serve is good. One service that I would like to see them add would be some way to schedule one on one transportation. One of the deciding factors for us was how conveniently located the facility is in the city.

Good place for mom at Eastgate Village.

Eastgate Village has a family atmosphere and a very friendly staff. The facilities are clean and well maintained. The food is good and there is plenty of it.

Eastgate Village is a winner!

We were so impressed with the owner knowing all the residents names and prior employment. It's clean, the staff is great and my mom likes the food. She also likes going to bingo.

So far I've been very impressed with ...

So far I've been very impressed with what they provide here, they get high marks across the board. I think my loved one is well taken care of here. It's a well organized and structured facility, and they really stay on top of things. The rooms themselves are set-up in a way where they can work with all different levels of care and mobility needs.

I needed a place for mom AND dad

Eastgate Village was the perfect solution for my parents. We visited many nice places. Some were a little 'too nice' for their taste if that makes sense. And in many cases to get a larger two bedroom unit the price went up significantly. At Eastgate Village we were able to get a large two bedroom unit for the same price as a one bedroom at most of the other places (or maybe even a bit less), and it 'feels' like home to them.

The staff, from Jon on down, has been great. We visited unannounced a couple of times, and whether it was support staff, nurses, or the people working in the cafeteria, they all had a smile and were friendly and eager to help.

Great Value

Eastgate Village is a great place. It was a very nice community. For the cost of the community you get a lot more then what you would expect. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Continental breakfast, one other meal...

Continental breakfast, one other meal in price. Weekly housekeeping.

WE LIKED EASTGATE VILLAGE VERY MUCH, ...

WE LIKED EASTGATE VILLAGE VERY MUCH, THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE A&A BENIFIT, WHETHER OR NOT WE WOULD BE APPROVED. WE WOULD HAVE MOVED IN RIGHT NOW!

One of the things that make Eastgate Village stand out is our personal service from local ownership. Eastgate Village is located in Cincinnati, Ohio, and it provides assisted living and independent living options to seniors. Guests are free to choose between one- and two-bedroom apartment floor plans, some of which include two bathrooms, with a variety of safety additions such as in-room sprinklers, smoke alarms, bathroom grab bars, easy-to-reach shelving, and handicap specific apartments. Residents form new connections and friendships in the lounge, game room, or social room. Residents enjoy the freedom to prepare meals in their own kitchen or to have fine-dining experiences in the dining room. The facility also provides housekeeping, laundry, and daily needs services. We have a full-time Events and Programs director who leads a schedule of social, educational, and physical activities. Our meal program is hard to match in it's flexibility and options available, including a 30+ item salad bar available at lunch and dinner.