Carriage Court of Kenwood - Cincinnati, OH

Carriage Court Kenwood provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Carriage Court Kenwood can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.

The facility was bright and clean. The Masses and Rosary scheduled weekly were appealing to Mom. The focus was centered around that activities and programs that are offered. The monthly price that we were quoted was different than the pricing provided in the folder that we received. We will follow up for a better understanding of the cost.

Friendly Residents

We used the community as a temporary placement after my mom left the hospital. While she was there, she enjoyed the people, they were friendly. There are no complaints with the experience.

Room For Improvement With The Night Staff

It is still a work in progress from my mother, and her move to this community. She is safe, but I do have some concerns about the night staff. One of the nurses called me at eight in the evening, and she put my mother on the phone. She was trying to tell me that my mother has sun dowers, but I know she does not have that. She just goes to sleep a little later than the other residents. That did not sit well with me when she was trying to tell me that. There is room for improvement with the evening staff. Hopefully they can correct the concerns I have.

Mom is Safe, And In Good Hands Here

My mother is well since her move to this community. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. They have a lovely staff, and they have been great to work with. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. Everything looks great when I visit. I know she is safe, and in good hands in this community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your confidence in us! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your mother is making her home here at Carriage Court of Kenwood!

Great place.

From the time we first walked into Carriage Court it felt like home. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. My mother in law is in a lovely room. The staff is always available to talk with us. A very nice place.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience at Carriage Court of Kenwood! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your mother in law is enjoying her home here with us!

Mom is Happy and Alright

My mom is doing fine since moving into Carriage Court of Kenwood. The choices of meals and planned activities are making my mom happy. They have a salon/barbershop where you can get your hair done and she is enjoying those services.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased to hear that your mom is enjoying her home at Carriage Court of Kenwood!

Decent Experience

Overall, this is a nice facility. The people were attentive to my father during his respite care stay for two weeks. He did have a couple of falls while there though. In addition, medications were lost during the two week stay.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Carriage Court of Kenwood did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we make this right, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Tour for care

I toured this community for the care of a friend. The staff was nice and helpful to answer the questions I had on the care that is offered. The meals were appealing and they offered a lot of nice activities for the residents. I would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

SLC Midwest

We are glad you enjoyed your tour! Thank you for visiting and taking time out of your busy day to recognize Carriage Court of Kenwood.

Poorly Conducted

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. It was poorly conducted overall. When I first arrived the person who was supposed to give me the tour, was not there. The maintenance man gave me the tour. He took me inside existing residents room , it was not a good experience overall.

SLC Midwest

We appreciate your feedback, and were sorry to hear that your visit at Carriage Court of Kenwood was not a five-star experience. We practice an open-door policy, and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at [removed]. Thanks!

Really nice community!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had received at this community. All of the staff where very friendly and I noticed that all of the residents where happy and seemed to be enjoying them selves. The only thing I did not like was that everything was not all inclusive. I would have had to pay additional fees for every little thing.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your feedback! We strive to provide the best possible care for our residents and to explain clearly any costs associated with that care. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any additional questions or input.

A very good experience!

My aunt really enjoyed her stay at the Carriage Court. Before she moved there, she always talked about how much she wanted to go home and once she moved to this community, she never brought it up again. Kelly, along with the other staff were amazing. [removed] really came through for us. They really went above and beyond.

Maintenance Man Gave the Tour

When I first arrived for my tour of this community the person that I set the appointment with was not available. The maintenance man gave me a tour. It is a nice looking community, but I did't feel this was the place for my mother, and her needs.

SLC Midwest

The search for Assisted Living can be a difficult process. Thanking you for taking the time to tour Carriage Court of Kenwood in consideration for senior living for your mother. We are glad that you found it to be a nice community. We take a lot of pride in creating a wonderful experience for our residents and everyone that visits. We wish you the best in your search for the perfect fit for your mother.

LOVE THIS PLACE AND THE PEOPLE!!

My mom was here for respite care for 30 days and absolutely loved the staff there! Everyone went above and beyond to make her feel safe and loved!! Great experience considering the circumstances behind her having to go to a facitlity! THANK YOU!!!!

I picked this location because it offered the best of all worlds, good environment, a "gray area" for those affected with Alzheimer's (meaning that each person has different requirements), and it's equidistant from all family members. Thank you [Removed], for setting up all the appointments for us. You have been very helpful!

Positively great!

Everything has been going excellent. The staff are wonderful and they are really trying to get my mother in law active in some of the activities. My mother in law does not like many things, but we feel that the food is good. We like that the community is clean and neat all the time. This is a good positive community.

Parents

This place is amazing. [Removed], front desk, [Removed] [Removed], Director of Sales and Marketing, [Removed] [Removed], Executive Director, [Removed] and [Removed] - Maintenance - What an asset of employees for the Carriage Court. This group of employees have been exceptional and very professional in every way. The staff in the kitchen - outstanding. I cannot say one negative thing about Carriage Court of Kenwood.

A nice community!!

I was impressed with the look of the food. This community was a little larger than we were looking for. The people at the community were nice and it seemed clean. It was a little higher cost than the community we chose.

Good care at Carriage Court of Kenwood

Very pleased with the care mom is getting. I'm not sure that the activities are appropriate for her as I've only seen her participate in one, but otherwise, happy with the care she is getting.

SLC Midwest

We are so pleased that you are having a pleasant experience at Carriage Court of Kenwood. We make every effort for everyone to feel “right at home” the minute you arrive. One of the most important factors in the decision of moving to a community is that it be the “right fit”. It is always our hope that a person will immediately feel that our community is that right fit. We are committed to assist you in any way we can.
Please know that if there is any way we can improve on our ability to support you we are only a phone call away. Do not hesitate to reach out to any member of the Carriage Court of Kenwood team if you need us.
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, we appreciate it!

Carriage Court of Kenwood
[removed]

The main problem I have with care is mostly when you have a question about anything and leave a message, no one calls you back. I really want this place to work for my mom, I think the aides are great , and keep my mom clean and care about her health and welfare. Most of nurses do too. I just think there is a disconnect somewhere in the chain of command. I think communication between staff is not the best, could be improved. And you should never just ignore a phone call, after all this is my mother whom I love and want the best for. I had a meeting with members of staff , which I thought was very good, but than I felt I went backwards after that , with ignoring of my phone call and questions.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your feedback about Carriage Court Kenwood. We apologize that you are experiencing a breakdown in communication. This is very concerning and we would like to talk with you more about this and discuss how we can better our communication with you. I am happy to hear that you feel that your mother is getting great care from the aides and nurses. Please reach out to Stephanie Mahan, Executive Director, [removed]. We appreciate your honest feedback as we can use this information strengthen our commitment to our residents and families.

I Had A Good Tour Of This Community

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. From what I saw the community appeared to be well-kept. The staff I met was kind and friendly. It was a good tour, but not the community for my mother and her needs.

Not as Expected or Portrayed

When we were interviewing and searching for a memory care facility the staff went above and beyond. The move in went well and everyone was very welcoming; however, it hasn't been as nice after the move-in. I wanted to give it more time before I wrote a review to see if things turn around. So far I am disappointed and Carriage Court has not met my expectation.

SLC Midwest

We would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude for your comments. It is constructive feedback that enables us to ensure your loved one’s experience at Carriage Court of Kenwood is more pleasant and meaningful. We want our Resident Families to have peace of mind that concerns are valued and used as an opportunity to educate and improve our service and care to our residents. As we share with family and residents alike when you come into our Carriage Court of Kenwood Family, it truly is a partnership where we all must communicate openly and honestly in order to be successful. Please do not hesitate to contact any one of the Leadership Team at Carriage Court of Kenwood with any questions, concerns, or feedback you may have. You may contact us at [removed] or see the Concierge for assistance when you visit the community.
Cell [removed]

Carriage Court

On our initial visit to the Carriage Court, one of the main selling points for us was that my Mom would be checked on every two hours. After moving her in we were told by a staff member that is unrealistic. The food is terrible, they are short staffed and there activities are pathetic. My mother misses many meals especially breakfast and lunch because no one comes to get her. She has fallen in her room twice, one time landed her in the ER. Back to the activities, they are on a couple a day, which includes sing a longs, bingo and puzzles. The puzzles are fronts of cracker and cereal boxes, they have to put together in a timely manner. You mean a place that charges over $5,000 a month cant afford to buy real puzzles. Plus they are trying to charge us more than initially quoted. I have been waiting over a week for a call back from the one in charge of billing there to straighten out my Mothers bill. They are trying to charge $800 for care, which they have not provided. My sister has done her laundry every week when they are supposed to, we also clean her place when it is to be cleaned once a week by them. They are clearly short staffed, and since my Mom gets short changed because of it, we should be paying less for her to there. My mom loves fruit especially strawberries, pineapple and grapes. The only fruit this place offers is oranges and apples and they are in a bowl by the front door. We have to go to the store once a week to get food she loves to eat, so in the long run this is costing us more! She keeps complaining the food is horrible and I have seen some of the meals, not very appetizing.

SLC Midwest

We would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude for your comments. It is constructive feedback that enables us to ensure your loved one’s experience at Carriage Court of Kenwood is more pleasant and meaningful. We want our Resident Families to have peace of mind that concerns are valued and used as an opportunity to educate and improve our service and care to our residents. As we share with family and residents alike when you come into our Carriage Court of Kenwood Family, it truly is a partnership where we all must communicate openly and honestly in order to be successful. Please do not hesitate to contact any one of the Leadership Team at Carriage Court of Kenwood with any questions, concerns, or feedback you may have. You may contact me at [removed] or see the Concierge for assistance when you visit the community.

Fantastic

This home or community is the definition of everything you want and need from a business like this one. Although its still a business its a home where my parents live and i feel confident that I do not have to worry about them. This place is great.

Love and Care

My wife was there and I visited her every day. The staff was wonderful. She was always treated with loving care, which gave me piece of mind that I had done the right thing by taking her to Carriage Court. I will always be thankful for the kindness and love shown to my wife and myself. I made friends with some of the residents that still live there and love to visit them. I highly recommend this place.

Not a good place

Horrible. Those people say one thing and doesn't follow up...their staff is always changing and there isn't enough help. I wouldn't place my loved-one there.

You can always tell those that are genuine and those who are just trying too hard to fake it. If you are considering this place please please please reconsider.

SLC Midwest

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your constructive feedback on your recent visit. We take all comments, concerns and suggestions very seriously. We are committed to caring for our residents as their comfort in care and security is our number one priority. This review provides us with tools to grow, enhance our services and the care we provide our residents on a daily basis. I can be reached at any time at [removed], Kelly Pfeifer.

nice facility

Nice facility. My mom was there for a short period of time. I have no complaints.

Kelly is amazing and I was so impressed with the facility and welcome I received. If this faciw was close to us I would definitely have moved both parents there. Thank you for being so passionate anoit your job and the.elderly.

Learning the ropes.

My wife has been here a little over a month. She has Alzheimer's, which compounds things. I like the people and think they care. I have mixed feelings about the level of care, this is the second place my wife has been in. I am beginning to think that all of these places need more help. It has to be difficult to balance the level of care and costs. There are times I can't seem to find a nurse or aide when I want to discuss something with them. The staff is always friendly. The facilities themselves seem very nice and are relatively new.

My mother loves being there. She is going on 5 years there. The staff has been great to her and she loves all of her new friends.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into care options for our loved ones. This was the first community we toured, and it seemed like a nice place overall. After touring some others we found one that we thought would fit better. Carriage Court was nice, the staff seemed friendly and it was clean and well kept, but it didn't have the level of activities that I thought my loved ones would enjoy.

Nice place, overall

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far things have gone well with Carriage Court. The people here are all very friendly, and the nurses do a great job looking out for the residents who need care. They've got a few different levels of care, based on the amount of individual attention your loved one needs. I do think they could have listened to what we told them about my loved one a bit more closely, it would have made the transition to their facility a bit smoother.

Wonderful Place for Mom

Very caring, clean facility. Mom is in the Memory Care Section. She is so happy. She considers this her home now. Did not want to leave for Holiday. Staff is friendly and look after her. Highly, Highly recommend to anyone. I thank God for Carriage Court of Kenwood.The office management is very responsive.

Nice place, friendly staff

I think they do a very good job overall at Carriage Court of Kenwood. The entire staff has been nothing but pleasant and helpful throughout the whole experience. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the food is outstanding. Our experience has been a good one, and I would recommend it to others.

Our Number One choice!

My sister and I checked out 12 different assisted living places and then went back several times to 6 of them. We found Carriage Court to be our first choice. Our adviser was fantastic, convincing us that they really wanted our father to be a member of their community. We moved my father's things into his room there, but before we could move him, he suffered a fall and was never able to live there. Even though he wasn't there and was in a hospital in another city, they let us know that he was still part of their community, and were available to help us in any way possible. This was a huge help to us and provided peace of mind that we weren't alone. I just wish my father could have lived at Carriage Court and enjoyed the community!

Seems like a nice place, but they are understaffed

While we are confident that my loved one is safe and getting his medications on time here, we're working through a few quality of life issues with them currently. They seem to be understaffed and they've just been a bit neglectful when it comes to things like bathing him, tidying up his room, doing the laundry, and emptying his trash. I had heard some very good things about Carriage Court from a few different sources, so I am hoping they are just dealing with some temporary staffing issues.

Memory unit for mom

After touring several assisted living facilities in the northeast area of Cincinnati, my sister and I chose Carriage Court. The original plan was to move mom and dad from their assisted living facility in Florida closer to us so we could see them more frequently. It seemed they needed more help with finances and everyday decisions. Dad was fine mentally, but not physically. Mom was just the opposite. We liked the idea that they could accommodate them in the Terrace. Unfortunately dad passed away before we could convince him to make the move. We brought mom up and moved her into Carriage Court. We discussed her bizarre behaviors brought on by six years of living with Alzheimer's disease and a UTI that dramatically changed her behavior. A room in the Garden was not available so they accommodated her in a private room on the third floor with assistance. I really had my doubts about this plan, mostly from my experience with the lack of training to deal with Alzheimer's patients in a hospital in Florida, skilled nursing care in Cincinnati, and my parents assisted living facility in Florida. Boy was I pleasantly surprised! A room opened up in a couple of weeks and mom was moved to the Gardens and shared a room, which worked great. They basically only sleep in their rooms and are out in the common or dining areas otherwise. The staff was fabulous; professional, caring, communicative and well trained. We thought the new, pretty, and expensive place in Florida my parents had picked out and lived was good until we saw daily life at Carriage Court. We visited mom at least every other day and came at different times. She was always clean and well cared for. We visited during eating, activities, and sleep time. Things were always as they should be. We were notified of any medical problem or need. I always felt very welcomed by the staff. They were friendly to visitors and empathetic to the residents. We participated in the family dinners and joined the Walk for Alzheimer's team at Carriage Court. My mom has passed away. I miss her very much. My husband and I still feel the pull towards Carriage Court when we drive by. Our experience was very positive.

It worked out fine.

We weren't there very long, only a couple of weeks. The care she received was fine. There wasn't really anything that I noticed that needed to be improved in the time we were there.

We started out as respite, and we were so pleased we stayed.

We started out as respite, and we were so pleased we stayed. She is living again rather than just laying around. It's been amazing! They have been fabulous, I can't speak highly enough of them. The people and the staff are happy. They break down the dementia care, they are able to keep you in the level with people that are able to socialize, as long as you can, until you need a more secure area. They have a menu to pick from, and she likes the food. They are really good about responding to any concerns that might come up.

Had a very poor experience here

We had a very poor experience here and I would not recommend them to anyone. There was an accident during transportation with my loved one where she was unattended in the back of their shuttle bus. It was only her and the driver in the vehicle, and she was not secured and fell and suffered a major injury. Another big problem I had with them is the staff they would bring in for nights and evenings were very unprofessional. It seemed like their main concern was getting everyone put in bed so that they could make personal phone calls or watch TV.

It's been working out.

It's very hard to judge them on cleanliness at this point, they have been working on water damage and painting because one of the pipes froze and broke over the winter. It would be nice if they did a little more with nursing as to keeping families better informed when odd things happen, a skin tear or bump or bruise, things like that. They do fairly well but there have been a couple of times when a mark has shown up and nobody knows how it happened.

Ronald Benton, son of Pricilla Benton and Ron's wife Patricia

Ron and I have been very pleased with the lady I (Patricia Benton) spoke with from A Place For Mom. She was pleasant, helpful and seemed indeed concerned about our need in finding help for Priscilla Benton, Ron Benton's mother.

We set up appointments to visit three places for senior living all the same day. Carriage Court of Kenwood was by far Ron's choice.

We are anxious to see a change in Priscilla so she may enjoy life again. In face she will moved to Carriage Court of Kenwood today.

I did not know a place such as Carriage Court of kenwood existed. They helped my family throgh a very difficult and stressful time. finding the right place for my aunt was the most important thing for my family and we could not be happier. she has a beautiful studio apt, friends her own age and the staff treats her with kindness and respect. a special thanks to Kelly we could not have made this move without her help.
I looked at several places and the most important thing was that my aunt was treated with kindness and care, respecting the things she could remember and do and helping her with those that requires assistance.
Thanks you again

Big Community

I can't complain about them. They were good but there just wasn't the friendly atmosphere like where my husband is now. It was bigger so it wasn't as personable but that's about it. Everybody was still friendly but the people didn't know each other like they would at a smaller community.

This is the place I decided to place ...

This is the place I decided to place her. Director was very sweet and is very knowledgeable when it came to what I was looking for. I know she will enjoy living here more than any place i could have chosen.

very impressed

very impressed

The Director was very nice. Facility ...

The Director was very nice. Facility was clean. Nice Dementia unit.

Wonderful facility.. staff throughout...

Wonderful facility.. staff throughout the building interacting and just relaxed in their jobs with residents. Director was very helpful with our questions and our needs. Very nice first place to visit. Not exactly what we were looking for at this time.

Wonderful facility.. staff throughout...

The facility was very nice, the rooms...

The facility was very nice, the rooms were a little small though. There seemed to be a great environment for those with dementia, I was impressed with that. It seemes a little pricey when I looked at the price sheet. It was unclear if they lived in the same apt. what the price would be.

Loved this place. My only concern is...

Loved this place. My only concern is that they only have 14 beds that can receive Medicaid. The Director could not guarantee a room when Mom's funds run out, which would be in nine months. She did say there was only one person waiting and all other residents have no need for Medicaid.

Liked Carriage court. Staff was nice....

Liked Carriage court. Staff was nice. I think they can offer everything that Brookdale can offer. Just thought that CC was a little too big and didn't quite have that "sitting in the backyard" feel or opportunity to sit outside. Staff were very nice and passionate about their business.

Carriage similar to Emeritus, also ha...

Carriage similar to Emeritus, also has wanderguards, cost in the secured area much higher than Emeritus. This place looks similar to Emeritus, just different colors and decorating.

Liked meeting with staff and touring....

Liked meeting with staff and touring. Felt that there was more costs for similar services at Amber Park. Didn't like the dining area as much as Amber Park.

Liked - had 2 tours

Liked - had 2 tours

Love the beautiful 1 bedroom suite as...

Love the beautiful 1 bedroom suite as we called it. Would love to see my mother there for the care she would receive.