Barrington of Oakley - Cincinnati, OH

The Barrington of Oakley offers Independent Living and Assisted Living services. We are located just down the street from the shops of Oakley and the restaurants of Hyde Park. This location, just past the intersection of Red Bank and Madison Roads, gives the Oakley Campus of Living easy access both from I-71 and from surrounding neighborhoods.

At the Barrington of Oakley, you find a welcoming entry area, spacious formal dining room, and host of amenities that include a fitness center, beauty/barbershop, movie theater, sundry store, wellness center, and gathering lounge.

Apartments are spacious and so well appointed you’ll marvel at the care and attention given to every detail. There are eight different one-and-two bedrooms units in a choice of floor plans, equipped with washer and dryer, cable TV, weekly housekeeping, and our Elcombe Security Link System (this state-of-the-art phone system provides a link with our Resident Care Coordinators for your health and security). And most apartments have a balcony or patio.

What if you need an extra pair of hands? A little help fastening buttons or tying shoes? Someone to steady you as you step in the shower? A person to keep all those pills from getting confused? With Assisted Living at the Barrington, you have that extra pair of hands, and a smile to go with them. And it all happens within the comfort of your spacious apartment – and if you require more assistance, you won't have to move, you'll stay in your apartment and receive the increased care you need.

So don’t let the need for assistance take over your life. Our caregivers make those frustrations go away, so that you can get back to doing the things you enjoy.

Everything was mixed!

My tour of the Barrington went well, but the thing we did not like was that the assisted living and independent living residents were all mixed together. We wanted a place where things were dedicated to a certain level of care. The place was nice and so was the people but it was not the place for my father.

Beautiful facility; nice rooms and the amenities are easy to reach, that is, it is not too big. Lots of activities, transportation, etc. for seniors who are still active.

Everything is going well!

The staff at Barrington of Oakley are very friendly and offer great care. They communicate very well with myself and my loved one. They have a variety of meal options and choices and my loved one is enjoying most of it. In memory care they offer a few activities for the residents to participate. The community is very well kept and the rooms are kept clean.

Elegant yet comfortable decor, great location, good social offerings!
My folks want a smaller place, but I recommend a visit to Barrington if you're in the market.

Review of Barrington of Oakley - Cincinnati, OH

Very nice but a waiting list that requires a deposit.

Would NOT recommend

We had a terrible experience with the Barrington of Oakley, and I would not recommend them to anybody. A week after my loved one moved in she ended up in the hospital with a fractured hip. The staff here say she never fell, and that nobody know how this injury happened. My loved one could not have gotten up herself after an injury of this severity, so someone must not have reported the injury. They've been defensive, unhelpful, and unpleasant to deal with while I have been trying to find out what happened. The facility itself is wonderful looking, but I think they should have put more money towards properly trained staff.

A true home away from home for us all.

My father was in the new Memory Care area of Barrington of Oakley and, after researching 8-10 other facilities and having him in Bethany of Dayton, we were taken with the genuine affection and professional care that Kyla and her staff provided. Dad loved each aid, nurse and employee...and their kindness and interest in us as a family was like no other experience we have had. His one bedroom with a sitting room was more than he needed, but it provided a home-like setting for when we were with him. They welcomed us at all hours and were patient when we wanted updates and info. Mom and I looked forward to being there. The residents were ambulatory and upbest generally. Really, there aren't words enough. Linda B was our first contact and her enthusiasm and efficiency set the tone. Thank you Barrington.

All I can really say is it is a really good community. It is good so far. I don't really have any complaints.

Working out well so far

Overall things have gone well with the Barrington of Oakley. It's a nice looking, well kept, clean place, and the staff all seem friendly and professional. They take good care of the people who live here, and provide everything you would hope for and expect from a senior community.

Excellent Facility

I am very impressed with the staff and the caring that the Barrington of Oakley has for my mom. She is in the right place!

Liked the location! It's r...

Liked the location! It's right near my sister's & my gym, so when we finished our tour, I drove on over there for a workout. Why make two trips? I was surprised by how pleasant it looked (& smelled.) Very similar to Mallard Cove. One BIG 2-BR apt had a fine big balcony. Easier to find than Mallard Cove! And a tad more expen$ive. But today's their Day at the Reds game. Exciting! & a plus! Hope weather holds!

Facility looks great, good location, ...

Facility looks great, good location, well staffed, clean, comfortable. Parking is difficult & limited. No semi private rooms avail. Had 2 tours of facility & was great & answered all questions.

Newer facility so it is clean. Does n...

Newer facility so it is clean. Does not have a dementia specific unit. Residents are intergrated. How do I feel about that?

I was impressed by the campus/facilit...

I was impressed by the campus/facility and staff.The difference in the s/p and private rates appears to be doable financially.

Very nice and comfortable living spac...

Very nice and comfortable living space. Nice garden area, though small at the moment. Activity room, chapel, game room, workout equipment, hair salon all available. Would be nice to see all of these on one floor but not a necessity. Got good cost information, as well as continuum of care info if need arises.

Staff was great to talk to and willin...

Staff was great to talk to and willing to do everything I needed, but just a bit too pricey for my mother's budget