Eagle Crest Retirement Community - Roseville, MN

Mom's happy at Eaglecrest

My mom has lived in an Independent Senior Living apartment at Eaglecrest for just over a year. Mom and I went together to meet with staff and see the apartments. The staff was good at listening, providing information and helping Mom decide whether or not to move in. My mom and I are both very glad she did. Here's why:
Beautiful, newly remodeled apartments--lots of choice re size and price. Walk-in closet. Very safe location.
Reasonable price
Efficiently run residence, and staff provides kind and supportive services and individual attention
Whole place is super clean, smells good, fun decorations
Lots of activities--movie might, chapel and Bible study, exercise classes, parties, music, breakfast with friends, van taking residents shopping (nearby Rosedale mall, etc) and to appointments,
Residents are friendly, kind, interesting

Not a fan...

After touring this facility, we found it to be nice enough. The facility seemed well maintained and the staff were friendly, but the facility seemed a bit dreary, so I did not care too much for it. Overall, it was fairly okay.

Interesting Experiences

They are very highly rated. My father had feeding tube in through his nose and down through his stomach while he lived there. He hated it, so he actually ripped it out. One of the nurses there tried to put it back in, and in doing that she ruptured a blood vessel. We have had some interesting experiences. He did go back to Eagle Crest, and the staff made sure that he was made more aware that he couldn't do that.

Meal variety but actual cost isn't clear

I liked the lady I spoke with, it's very nice looking and one of the real pros is that it offers a choice at meal time. My husband has turned into a very picky eater, he didn't use to be, so to keep him from eating just a hamburger every day for meals is great. I think just the fact that they offer a choice at dinner is a plus. I haven't been able to figure out exactly what they're going to charge yet. I've talked to them and they have a kind of confusing range of prices. You're not really going to know what they're going to charge him until he meets with a nurse and she can evaluate him and then it may change depending on how he is when he moves in, it's also expensive so I'm not sure.