New Perspective Senior Living | Roseville - Roseville, MN

Seemed to accommodate only assisted living. Would prefer Independent Living until spouse requires assisted--at that time it would not be necessary to move to another apartment.

Stacy Shuman

Wow, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. We sincerely thank you for the positive review, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Generally good.

All seems to be good, although the one time my sister fell very early in the morning, it took too long for an aide to get to her. otherwise, the people and the facilities appear to be great.

Stacy Shuman

Hi, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

My mom has a view of the lake from her window

My mom is doing well and I feel that she is in a secure place with her sundowners, she still gets around with her walker and the staff is doing a great job, they keep me informed and I feel welcome when I come to visit my mom there. My mom has a wonderful view of the lake from her room this really is a great place for her.

Still Adjusting

My mom is still adjusting to her new surroundings. Staffing seems to be somewhat short. For the most part, they are friendly but not all of them.
There needs to be some improved training in the transport department I've witnessed residents being transported from one location to another and almost being dropped. The administration is aware of this and they can say is we are working on it.
Mom is eating she really hasn't complained about the food.
Laundry has been ok however there has been a couple of times where I've noticed that a wet towel has been left on the bed and the bed was made over the wet towel.

Food

They claim to have a chef but the food seems to get worse and worse they just have fancy names there's no flavor there is no tastes if it's even edible.

Ok for some

If your loved one depends on someone else to manage their meds, be careful. Moms meds were not consistently given at the required intervals, some mixups were made, and many of the staff spoke poor unintelligible English making communication difficult. At a cost of over $50 per day to manage her meds, I was shocked at how careless they could be. Response time to her pushing her call light for extra or as needed meds could run up to an hour especially at night or on weekends when staffing is low. The pretty building on a lake looks like a great place, but check out the State of MN reports, visit on weekends, evenings, ask residents for their advice and stay involved in your loved ones care, staff are employees usually understaffed and under stress, they are not family.

The big dog residents LOVE!

The big dog is a loving and caring highly trained service animal providing me with security in my health care watching over my blood sugar's.

I know for a fact the big dog gives a lot of joy to a number of residences at NP of Roseville as a trained therapy dog.

I feel the alarmist that is having problems with Gus should of first talked to his handler in turn resolving any problems instead of involving Management and others at NP of Roseville and creating negative reviews and ideas about Gus.

I welcome any residents and visitors to inform me of any difficulties or blessings they may have towards Gus

New Perspectives, Roseville

This is a very nice facility. Some of the apartments are very nice; some of the others, not so much. Overall, the food seems to be good. In full disclosure, we had only one meal here.
There's a large dog who seems to reside in the foyer. While large, he appears to be sweet and very good-natured. The residents that I saw all appeared to like him, which both the dog and residents seemed to benefit from.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you very much for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service. Wishing you a great day.

The big dog needs to be moved

This senior care center is very nice, but aged. There are some issues with cracks in the bathrooms, etc, but overall it's a very nice facility. There is a large dog that usually is in the lobby that seems to be a tripping hazard that no one seems to address. I tried to get around the dog and leash, but no one seemed to take any care to get the dog or leash out of the way. This happened for the last four times that I've been at this facility.
The staff is very good and seem to take good care of the seniors. The food choices seem very healthy and good, and there are some activities, but not like I've seen at other senior care places.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review, we appreciate your comments. We will pass this information along to the leadership in our community. Until we meet again, may your day be well.

Stacy Shuman

Hi There, We appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
All the best,
Stacy

We really liked the location and the common space. It as nice to see residents socializing in the bistro. The apartments we toured had lovely lake views and we felt would meet Mom's needs except for the kitchen which had no place for food preparation. In my opinion all it was good for would be heating up a frozen dinner. The other drawback was the walking trail, which we didn't look at, but were told circled the building which would make it too short for my mother's needs.

We were kept waiting for 20 minutes for our scheduled appointment which cut short our time to ask questions. (The sales person called in sick. We were seen by the executive director who had no notes from my conversations with staff.)

This is a lovely facility overlooking a lake and the staff seemed attentive to the residents. When I visited, many of the residents seemed to be mostly of the more lower functioning than my mother is. I don't know that she would fit in this population well. Just where their residents are in their continuum right now. They did have a nice activity program, and the apartments were nice. The food was not good, and served on white serverware, which is difficult for people with older eyes to see. Most memory care areas serve food on colorful plates and dishes to help them discern what and where the food is. They served white clam chowder in a white bowl, whiteish fish with whiteish scalloped potatoes on a white plate. Ugh. So monochromatic! Even on a colorful plate that would not be appetizing. I had an alternate choice, since I don't care for fish or seafood. Not very good. I did enjoy speaking with two of the residents, and they said they find it ok there, three squares and a room.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for taking time to provide a review of our services. While it is disappointing for us to learn we didn’t fulfill your expectations, we appreciate you alerting us through this venue area for us to improve.

A New Beginning

Transition is typically difficult for most, but probably not as difficult as leaving one's home of 50 years! How fortunate to have been referred to Keystone Communities of Roseville for consideration for our sister where she is now still within familiar territory. Her "homey" apartment is just the right size, has a partial lake view, is located in a cozy alcove with two neighboring apartments, plus an elevator within a few feet!

Although Keystone of Roseville has been her residence for less than two months, she has developed a circle of acquaintenances that she is comfortable with. There seems to be enough activities from which to choose to keep her entertained and challenged. She is especially happy to be in an area of town for which she has the option of taking the Roseville Shuttle to her familiar "stops."

As winter becomes more of a reality we, as her family, are confident in knowing that she will be warm and cozy and NOT missing the snow and ice challenges that Minnesota Winters bring!

Stacy Shuman

We are overjoyed your loved one is adjusting so well to her new home and making new friends. Thank you for taking the time to reach out.

A NEW BEGINNING

Transition is typically not easy, or often welcome, for those leaving their home of nearly fifty years. My sister was no exception! However, the warm and welcome ambiance , the many opportunities for social interaction, the lovely apartment,, the many opportunities for social interaction, tasty nutritious meals, are just a few of the reasons why our family is confident our sister will thrive in her new Home.

Stacy Shuman

We are pleased to hear you sister is happy and Living Life on Purpose. We will continue to make her feel welcomed and secure.

Great Tour!!

I was very pleased with the experience my loved one and I had at this community during our tour. There was lots of great amenities offered to the residents as well as a very well maintained facility. The administration was very informative and was very patient with answering any questions my mother and I had for them.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Keystone Communities Of Roseville - Roseville, Mn Visitor. We hope you'll stop by again.

A Meeting At The Community!!

I thought this community looked great. The people I met during the tour were nice. The community seemed relatively clean. The rooms looked nice.

BE CAREFUL!!

Be prepared to follow up on your loved one and their care. The mistakes by the nursing staff are at best horrendous. Some life threatening.

If your loved one needs reminders-they don't happen. If your family member needs a little extra help...it wont happen. If they need medication it may or may not happen.

You need to be vigilant in watching over the care of your loved one. We place our family in these communities for peace of mind for them and ourselves. You will not get that here.

Don't be fooled by the building and the surroundings. It is unfortunate that the care is not there.

Only There For A Weekend

This is a nice looking community but I had some problems while here. I was told they could care for her and it would be no problem. My mom got sick and tried to inform the staff she wasn't well. It ended up to her vomiting in her bed. They did not clean her and the bed, she mentioned they did not ask how she was doing. There was no refund offered after this, I had to get my refund back which they did but this place is for residents who do not need a lot of care.

So far things are good.

So far things are good. She is still is adjusting, but we haven't had any complaints so far. The staff seems very, very, nice. Things have been going really well. We haven't had any issues. We liked the location, and we liked the size, it wasn't too big. I like that they don't just throw extra charges for every little thing, though it is very expensive.

Quality is on par with other options

We toured here when we were looking for options. The quality was on par with pretty much all the places we looked at. The location of the available room didn't really work for us. It was quite a ways from the activity, and I felt it would give my loved one a reason to isolate. This just didn't feel like the best fit for us.

Activities

Activities are the best thing they offer. All around everything is great.

Just Okay

The daytime staff is fine, but the nighttime staff is not good. Overall the place seems to be okay. The value is terrible though. Everybody there complains about the food. The problem with the night staff is there is a big language barrier.

Seems like a nice place!

My loved one hasn't been here long, but so far our experience with Keystone Communities has been a positive one. It's a nice looking place, and the staff seems friendly and professional. They're currently going through a change in ownership, which has caused some issues with some of their services, but I am assuming things will smooth out once the change is resolved.

Fantastic Facility

They were fantastic from the beginning and with our initial visit all the way until we my mother-in-law pass away. They were good at showing us what they offered and what services they had and their care and compassion was incredible.

My mother lived here for several months. They have a primitive, paper-based medication management system, without good quality assurance. My mother went without a medication for 6 days, and her doctor and I didn't find out for 5 days. They and their pharmacy made multiple errors on multiple days.

A Very Nice Experience

The experience has gone really well. What I appreciate is Keystone has memory care apartments large enough for two people, because this is a couple that needs to be together. It is working out really well. They are very content. They have a nurse on staff that is knowledgeable and perceptive and has given me guidance on how to handle my loved ones and navigate the paperwork for the insurance company. It has been very, very nice. All the staff I have dealt with are friendly people. They are working hard to meet the new state standards, charting what this couple likes and needs to make their stay here a happy one

We toured this facility. We liked the beautiful setting on Lake Owasso. There was a variety of apartment arrangements. We liked the way the apartments clustered around living areas that residents could enjoy.

excellent overall

The staff and caregivers at Keystone Communities of Roseville are all very attentive to my fathers needs and do an excellent job ensuring he is safe and well cared for.

The one area for improvement that I would suggest would be to be a little more detail-oriented in their research when my dad is going to the emergency room.

Other than that, everything has been great.

Pretty good but there is a lack of communication

We're having a huge issue with communicating with the management. There is a lack of communication. We're not hearing updates from the staff as we should. Other than that, it has been a pretty good experience overall.

Moms new home on the lake

Transitioning mom was eased by the love and care of the staff at Keystone. The home is very clean and what a view, right on a lake. The staff take the time to get to know you and understand your cares. Mom loves to play checkers, at times the staff will sit down and enjoy a good game with mom. We love moms new home.

Great staff, dull food.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. They know all the residents, and try to learn their preferences.

There is a lot of food - for those who like plain, old fashioned comfort foods in large quantities. When my mom tries to order an entree salad from the always available menu, she's always encouraged to eat the special of the day instead. Veggies are overcooked. I've been eating with Mom so that she will remember that she can order a salad, even if they are pushing the special.

Mom is also unhappy that that they do not recycle, other than in their offices. And they throw her recycling in with the trash - even from plainly marked containers, which are emptied by family regularly.

The view is great, the rooms are nice, and Mom is very happy to be there.

a nice community

It's turning out to be more expensive than we thought it would be. We thought it was going to be a little bit more secure. Just to add security it will cost more money. I thought someone was going to be outside the door but there isn't. she does need to be away from the door. Memory unit. She is a very private person before memory care. They are very clean. They have done a good job. Everyone is friendly, don't get me wrong. It's a nice facility, we chose it because we thought we was a nice community. But it ended up being more expensive. they do take elder care.

JJ embraced our family and mother. Felt like we were part of his family. Residents were excited to see us and JJ. Witness several interactions between staff and residents, the staff go out of thier way to please!!! This was awesome. Home is very nice, beautiful location. This will be a great place for our mother.

I liked it and my Mom loved it. We're checking into Mom's finances to see if we can make it work.

Delightful home for either respite care or permanent move.

My husband stayed at Keystone of Roseville for 5 days as a Respite Care client. He said the food was excellent and the furnished apartment was very comfortable and clean. I was also impressed with the thoroughness of the intake process and the overall friendliness of the staff and residents. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone for either a short-term or permanent stay. It's very clean, bright, has a friendly and competent staff and the food is absolutely out of this world. The average age of the residents is 84 and my husband was 69 at the time of his stay. He felt that a younger clientele would have been more to his liking and that they would have been able to participate in more activities. But the overall stay was excellent and he enjoyed it very much.

Very nice community!

Overall our experience with Keystone have been great! My loved one's health has shown a lot of improvement since she moved in. The facility itself is very nice, they always keep it clean, and the staff are all very friendly. I've been really impressed with the care they provide to the residents. Once they're able to get to know someone and get in tune with their needs they provide some really exceptional care.

Staff was friendly, got goo...

Staff was friendly, got good feel for the personal attention. Rooms looked run down and small.

Great place!

My whole family LOVES Keystone. My Mom is very happy there and everyone is very friendly. They seem to go above and beyond what is needed and I get such a great feeling whenever I'm there. Thanks!

Too pushy and overpriced

They were really expensive and kind of pushy, they were very determined my parents go there and they downplayed Sunrise. That wasn't their decision, it was inappropriate and I was reallyunhappy with that.
Their place wasn't any better than Sunrise and I don't understand why they could charge so much. They tried to say that they bundled everything together but that's what Sunrise does too, for half the price.

Small Apartments

It was being remodeled at the time but the apartmetns were really small. The lady was very persistant but I just didn't like the place.

Learning experience

My husband stayed there for respite care, that wasn't very good because I didn't know enough to as for enough services so he was very deconditioned when he came out. I was very disappointed and I realized I had to ask for more service, he can live in assisted living as long as I get enough escorts, he can live in an assisted living that offers stimulating programs, he needs to be encouraged or he won't go. My husband just wants a studio and we got a pretty good idea of what they were going to charge him. The nurse had to do an assesment before we moved him for respite but she didn't really realize what he would need. Respite showed me what he needed and more of what I need to ask for.

Absolutely wonderful! Every...

Absolutely wonderful! Everyone from residents to staff are friendly and welcoming. You can feel the joy in the air and the view over Lake Owasso was just the icing on the cake.

liked walking trail, front veranda,ba...

liked walking trail, front veranda,backyard deck with ability to plant container veggies, beautiful outdoor nature setting for dad. Had a piano for mom to play. Offered an Aug. summer move-in special to attract new residents. Clean, tastefull decor. 1 bedroom apt. had french doors to close off if needed. Cons = private pay only. Must sign contract within 72 hours of tour date to benefit from Aug summer move in special.

I liked this facility. Victoria N of ...

I liked this facility. Victoria N of Cty Rd C. Sunrise ASSISTED Living. 24-hr staff. 106 units. Lifeline button. Wellness consult once mo. Housekeeping, cable, phone incl. more assisted living. nice deck Owaeso lake.

Founded in 1998, New Perspective Senior Living (NPSL) is a family owned company that develops and operates vibrant, senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. Our foundational belief--that all seniors deserve to Live Life on Purpose® and age with dignity--was forged from the personal experience of caring for a family member with Alzheimer's disease. Today, the company serves seniors in 21 communities with Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care options. NPSL is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For more information, please visit www.npseniorliving.com.