New Perspective Senior Living | Columbia Heights - Columbia Heights, MN

• No Smoking Indoors
  • Female & Male Residents

They should have a point person

While looking at some options in the area, this location seemed like a better fit for my love one. She seems to be doing ok here, but it would be nice if there was a point person. If I were to ask someone how my love one is doing they would just say “oh your mom is really nice”. Well, I already knew that and by that it just seems like they don’t necessarily have to worry about her. However, it would be nice to have some identified as a designated aid to see how my love one is doing, regarding her health and such. She isn’t one to participate in activities that they provide, but they do try to engage her to try. Unfortunately, she is just stubborn and she is good at refusing. She also told me that the meals are ok, but she wishes that there were more choices for breakfast. It kind of limits what she eats because she stopped having eggs since they serve that every day. So this reduces the size of her breakfast. The facility itself seems to be clean and neat. It seems a bit cleaner in the assisted living side than the memory care side. I recommend this place to other by my experience with them so far. She is transitioning well now, she can tell me about all the people there, she feels safer, and she is no longer feeling alone like she did before which is good.

Stacy Shuman

Hi, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Worked Well For Us

We chose New Perspective for my loved one's respite care, and overall, I feel they worked well for us. They were very kind to my loved one, they were efficient, and they seemed to always have adequate staffing. We did have some trouble with my loved one not getting her medications on time or with medications being lost, but the issue was resolved quickly, and we had no other problems. They had a lot of activities to keep everyone busy there such as card games, shuffleboard, exercise classes, and happy hour. There was a lot to take advantage of. The place looked nice, was very clean, comfortable, and was close by.

Stacy Shuman

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at New Perspective Senior Living | Columbia Heights. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

My father's care and comfort

The care at this community is excellent and the care. I like that they help my father will special needs at mealtime. The meals are a good variety. I like that he is offered physical therapy that has been very helpful for him. The community is clean and has a nice environment for the residents. We would recommend this community for the care and good value for a loved one.

Stacy Shuman

Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident, and are pleased to hear that you're father happy here at New Perspective Senior Living | Columbia Heights.

So Far All Is Working Out Pretty Well

So far everything working out well for my father with his move to this community. I do feel he is safe, and in good hands in this facility. They have a good staff, and they have been helpful when needed. Also kind, and friendly when I visit. They do a good job with keeping everything around the community nice, and clean. They provide pretty nice meals, and there are activities offered for the residents. This community is working out well for us, and

Stacy Shuman

Hi, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at New Perspective Senior Living | Columbia Heights . Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Outstanding Care for dad.

I like the care that my father is getting in this community. The staff has been very helpful and caring and attentive. The menu is outstanding and he likes everything that is offered. The community is nice and we are happy that they have alerts for the residents. We like knowing that the community is clean and he is happy with the nice activities and he is pleased to know that they have church gatherings. We would recommend this community for the excellent care for a loved one.

Stacy Shuman

We're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! We always strive to provide top quality care to every resident, and are pleased to hear that your loved one is enjoying his experience here at New Perspective | Columbia Heights!
Have a great day!

TOO MUCH EMPLYEE TURNOVER

My mom is a resident now, June 2017. Beautiful place, FINALLY a great chef. The turnover of their loved, seasoned employees is unbelievably sad. I cannot imagine how awful this particular facility is to work for as they have lost (quit not fired) AMAZING employees. Too many to count. Before placing anyone here, ask for proof of employee turnover. Your loved one will bond with caregivers only to find them quitting as soon as they become a constant in your loved one's life.

Everything has been going great!!

I have no complaints about the care that my loved one has been receiving with this home health care team. They have been attentive to my loved ones needs and have been professional in there work. I would recommend them to anyone interested .

Stacy Shuman

Thank you very much for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service. Wishing you a great day.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had of this community for my loved one. They had a great selection of amenities available for all of the residents throughout the day as well as many different activities. The floor plan was open and easy to navigate through which I really liked. It was just not the right fit for her in the end decision.

Touring Our Options

To ensure the right choice, I had many tours with different types of communities. I did not find anything wrong with this facility. It was nice and clean, good interaction from the staff, and noticed the extra amenities. Based on our needs this was not the right fit.

Stacy Shuman

Thanks for the feedback, we strive to provide excellent service to our residents at New Perspective Senior Living. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Good Experience During Our Time At This Community

We had a very good experience during my fathers time at this community. It is a really nice facility. Unfortunately he needed more care than they were able to provided. So I had to move him, but I was very pleased with all this community did for us. They have a good staff, they were very kind, and helpful. They did a great job with keeping everything well-kept. My father enjoyed his time at this community, and I would recommend it.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We're happy to hear you father had a good experience while living at New Perspective. Wishing you well.

The tour of New Perspective by [Removed] was great! [Removed] was excellent at sharing the Assisted Living environment at New Perspective and answering our questions. Disappointment was the limited kitchen (only a mini refrigerator and no ovent). It did have a microwave included. Overall, New Perspective was an impressive facility for Assisted Living. I'm only giving it a 'fair' rating since we have only had a first tour.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. If you'd like, please contact us to make your experience a positive one.If you are willing, please call us for further assistance with moving forward. We hope to hear from you in the future.

On the move!

The staff is good with my mom. Mom had done different fund raisers here, and it is in the same community where mom lived. It was her first choice since she new the people here. The community is always clean. Mom likes the food sometimes and others not so much. Mom has also got into the exercise class, movies, and bingo.

Stacy Shuman

Thanks for the feedback, we strive to provide excellent service to our residents at New Perspective Senior Living | Columbia Heights. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

No Complaints

I am very pleased with this community, they have provided my loved one with great service and the staff have been very attentive to her needs. She is really enjoying the different tasty meals as well as the activities they have throughout the day. The company of the other residents has really made her feel welcomed and comfortable in her new living environment. I have no complaints and would defiantly recommend this place.

Stacy Shuman

Thanks for the feedback, Lighthouse Of Columbia Heights - Columbia Heights, Mn Family. We strive to provide excellent service to our residents at New Perspective Senior Living Columbia Heights. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We will continue to take great care of your loved one.

My tour!

This community was our second choice. The people I met during the tour were nice. The community seemed clean. They allow pets.

The best place for mom......

Like all children trying to place their parent in the perfect place; I was cautious and nervous until I visited The Lighthouse. My first visit was wonderful, very informative and extremely helpful. Mary was fabulous to visit with while we went over the details of how this place works. The staff seemed genuinely friendly and really appeared to care about the residents. I came away convinced that they do care. The place is always clean and doesn't have that hospital smell that accompanies some health facilities. After not much thought, I wanted my mom in the Lighthouse asap. She has been there for 6 weeks or so. During that time, she has gone from "I like it here" to "I'm glad I'm here" to "I'm very happy living here." I couldn't be more happy with the choice we made for mom. I truly recommend you to look at the Lighthouse last if your shopping around for a family member. You will see what difference this place is compared to others. They are not just running a flop house....the attitude is to keep people going, active and involved. Mom actually complains a bit as "they sometimes run her ragged." I couldn't be happier with the Lighthouse. My mom couldn't be happier either.

We are Very Pleased My Mother Is Happy

We are very pleased with this community. My mother is doing very well here. It is a well-kept community from what I've seen. The staff is good. There are nice activities offered, she enjoys the gardening. They are very encouraging to the residents to participate in the activities. We know she is safe and in good hands. The only thing I would recommend is to make sure you have someone watching over your loved one.

Poor experience

Unqualified staff. Inconsistent care. Lack of follow through and accountability.

Poor experience with arrival and setting up care.

Not for your loved one

The caregivers are great even though there is a great turnover. The nursing staff leaves a bit to be desired since nobody has the same information at any one given time. They tend to drop the ball quite often. The physicians hired by Lighthouse need to be gone. They are inadequate, not properly trained and people go without medicine for months without anyone noticing, which includes the Lighthouse staff.
Although the place is decent, it was much nicer about 4 years ago. It has dropped in its quality living since then and continues to do so.
As for cleanliness, that can vary on a day to day basis. The main lobby and main rooms like that are fairly clean, but those hired to keep the residents rooms clean really need to understand their jobs.
If you're planning on putting this Lighthouse on your list for your loved one, look elsewhere and really, really check each and every one place with a fine tooth comb so you don't find problems with the care of your loved one.

improve their communication

Lighthouse of Columbia Heights I think needs to improve their communication between one shift caregiver and the other. They need to more personalize their care. Everybody is really friendly that works there. They are always doing something for the residents.

So far we are happy with them.

So far we are happy with them. So far it's been going well. They have been easy to work with, the paperwork was fine. It's a nice place, the people are friendly. We have been really happy with it, we don't have any major complaints.

She had a good stay there.

The only reason I don't give them a five was the price. They weren't really more expensive than the others, they were less than some, but they were all just really expensive. Everything else was great! It's a nice clean place. The staff was friendly, and everyone treated her well. She had a good stay there.

My brother is really thriving in The Lighthouse of Columbia Heights. It is bright, cheerful and clean with a lot of activites to keep him socially engaged, which is important as he tends to isolate himself. He only been there two weeks but has already lost some excess weight from the balanced meals which he says are delicious, "home-cooked" food.

All caregivers. Are very friendly .the place is clean .they all are tAking good care of my mom.

Could be better/could be worse

Things are going ok, been more turnover of staff. Having a hard time getting issues cleared up. Hoping with the new director will have a chance. The Staff is very friendly,for the most part the care provided has been very good. They do seem a bit short staffed at times.

A Second Home

The Lighthouse was the first glimmer hope for our father. He can no longer live at home with our mother. The Lighthouse facility is very nice, clean, inviting and is in a perfect setting. It close to the freeway, but far enough away to be somewhat secluded. Our family enjoys visiting with our father and the other residence. We couldn't have asked for better care for our father.

A perfect spot for Dad

We are moving my father into the Lighthouse of Columbia Heights community tomorrow. Between my elderly mother seven siblings and more questions than any one should have to answer in a lifetime, the staff at Lighthouse have been respectful, kind, supportive, understanding, informative and caring. The staff are well-trained, caring and experienced caregivers. The facility is beautiful, clean, has a lot of natural light, provides numerous activities and offers a safe secure environment. Our family couldn't ask for a better situation.

Founded in 1998, New Perspective Senior Living (NPSL) is a family owned company that develops and operates vibrant, senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. Our foundational belief--that all seniors deserve to Live Life on Purpose® and age with dignity--was forged from the personal experience of caring for a family member with Alzheimer's disease. Today, the company serves seniors in 21 communities with Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care options. NPSL is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For more information, please visit www.npseniorliving.com.