Crest View Senior Communities - Columbia Heights, MN

Disappointed with Care

I have gone to visit my grandma whose room is at the end of a long hall. I have walked all the way to her room without seeing one staff member. There were staff members present when I left so not sure where they were. Even though they assist with baths I had to cut her toenails because they were longer than my longest fingernail. They do not make her go to mealtimes if she says she isn't hungry then she'll call me and ask me to bring her food. Every item of clothing has disappeared or been taken by others. I have bought her clothes and they were gone within five days. I brought her her favorite quilt. Handmade and one-of-a-kind - gone. The memory care patients are in the basement and never get brought outside. No fresh air or sunshine for them. I feel like I put her in a prison. Totally regret bringing her there even though I could no longer care for her on my own. I did a better job. They do nothing with the patients that I can see. I went to get a nurse because a couple patients kept walking into her room and the nurse looked put out because I interrupted him typing a text message on his phone. Definitely would not recommend this facility.