Sunrise of Roseville - Roseville, MN

This is a lovely care center. Very home like and the tour by [name removed] went very well. The outside wrap around porch with the flowers and trees was an invite to sit in the rockers provided and enjoy the day. The rooms we were shown were just the right size. The care center was very clean. They even had a resident dog named Patches that was a welcome to see.

The tour was good and informative. It is a bright and cheery place nice decor. They really encourage residents to be out of their own places. Their activities was more varied and filled than other places I have seen. They seem to try and address the whole person. The sales person conveyed that they try and work with the resident's needs. The biggest drawback that I see is that the quarters were very small and they didn't even really have a kitchenette. I am not sure my loved one would be happy there despite the friendly atmosphere and cheery decor due to the small quarters.

Nice tour

The staff here did a good tour, they showed me all around and were able to answer all my questions. This really is a beautiful place but I didn't feel that it would be the best fit for my mom.

Horrible Experience

I had to worst 30 days of my life during my time in this community. I not recommend for anybody for go to this facility. I got bit by fleas, because of the dogs allowed on the property. I was only given one towel that was cut in half. They would cut the towels in half, so they could provide more. My dishes were left for over 24hrs, and my trash was left with dirty diapers. I enjoyed the aids, they did try their hardest. However the head nurse in charge was not accommodating. She would not listen to my concerns, and promised me a lot of things. That she never followed through with. My room was very small. I lived in six community's, and this is worst facility I ever lived in.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Friendly Tour

My tour of this facility was a good one. It was a good experience overall. The staff was friendly, and informative. My questions were answered overall. The community was well-kept, and looked nice. Overall my tour went well, but I found another community that suited our needs better.

A Different Environement

While touring the community I saw a restaurant where one could grab a snack or meal. It was like a diner experience. I also noticed they offer more amenities for the residents. This was a different outlook to a facility and I didn't see anything wrong.

Very nice first tour! [Removed] did an excellent job of telling us about Sunrise and answering our questions. She followed up with a floor plan so we can share with our mother. Disappointments were the extremely limited kitchen (only a mini refrigerator; no stove; no microwave). The view over the park was very nice. Overall, we are impressed with Sunrise and what it offers for Assisted Living. However, I'm only giving it a 'fair' rating since we have only had a first tour.

Comfort for my husband...

Things are coming along fine since my husband made the move to this community.One thing we didn't like is they didn't tell him he was getting a companion in his room, that was a setback. When My husband moved in, the tv didn't work. Right when the new guy moved in they got a new tv which I did not think was fair. Other than that, the place is very clean and the food is by far excellent!

Needs Improvement!!

I would not recommend this community. The time that my loved one resided in the community the housekeeping was not good. They needed better cleaning services and the laundry service was not good as well. Clothes would sometimes go missing. The meals that were offered were not good. I did however like the interaction between the staff and the residents it was good.

Sunrise Senior Living

A great place for assisted living!!!

Mom did well in assisted living at this community. The food was good and the staff did a lovely job. They cleaned her apartment and did her laundry. They do have memory care here but we moved her from here as we wanted to move her closer to us.

After one week, we are happy

Very welcoming. Seemingly taking care of every aspect of my mother's life and incorporating interesting activities as well. Food seems very good. Only been there a week so a little early to tell.

The lady was very nice and seemed very good.

We toured here when we were looking for options. The quality was on par with pretty much all of the places we looked at. It was hard to visit and find parking. The lady who gave us a tour was very nice and seemed very good. I just felt like the limited parking would make visiting difficult for some of my loved one's friends.

Nice place

Sunrise of Roseville seems to be a nice place. My father is doing fine there. Though he does not enjoy being there, he'd rather be at home. He enjoys the food, he says it is better than where he was. They do offer lots of activities, but he chooses not to participate.

We love Sunrise Senior living for mom!

Mom recently moved into Sunrise of Roseville so she has only been a resident for less than 2 weeks. So far our family is quite pleased with the attentiveness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility and most importantly the care mom is receiving. When chosing a community for your loved one, it is imparative you trust the staff and feel comfortable with the care your loved one is receiving. This community clearly cares about their residents. From the first time we walked into Sunrise, we felt a strong sense of community, neighborhood and genuine friendliness among both the residents and staff. We highly recomment Sunrise of Roseville.

We are very happy with Sunrise.

We are very happy with Sunrise. They are doing well. They had a care conference, and any concerns I had they were able to address, and reassure us that they were here to support us. They feel like it's their responsibility to take care of him.

Sunrise of Roseville

My mom lived in the memory care until she passed away. I am so impressed with the care she was given. The way she was treated was amazing and respectful. The care team was never phased by her "problem behaviors" and handled them with ease that showed their training. Dana, the director of sales, was so informative and honest during our move in that I was never surprised by cost or by any responses I had to the questions I asked.

We toured this facility. We liked the comfortable atmosphere and many residents out and about the facility. It felt welcoming and friendly. We liked the care plan system. It did not feel as though we would be nickeled and dimed for every little thing. The deal killer for us was the size and configuration of the apartments themselves.

I don't think this was the right fit for us.

Our stay here didn't last as long as I would have hoped. I don't think this was the right fit for us. My loved one was falling. There were people around a couple of times, and it's hard to say if more could have been done. They weren't exactly proactive in their approach. I liked the atmosphere here, and I think the food was fine. I think the training for their weekend staff was a little weak.

Very nice, super clean. Enjoyed tour- visted during and activity (singing hymns) very fun. Activity calendar was packed, so lots of fun stuff to do.

Our whole family loved Sunrise for respite care this summer!

My husband has ALS and Alzheimer's but he can still walk and doesn't need a secure-floor, yet. He stayed at Sunrise for respite care for two weeks this summer. After he settled in he really enjoyed it. He's stayed at other assisted living places and they were nice but he said the food was the best at Sunrise. He also liked the larger size of the facility because there was more of a variety of people to meet and visit with. A very favorite thing was the nice walking path and the adjacent park where he could walk. As his caregiver-spouse, i found the staff to be top-notch. Everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable and understood his unique combination of diseases and how to handle his needs. He was given a comfortable fully-furnished apartment and well-tended to. He felt safe and secure and that made me fell comfortable so I could enjoy the respite care. I would highly recommend Sunrise.

The thing I like best is that they ha...

The thing I like best is that they have gotten my mother out into some activities. You can definitely see a change for the better; my mother is out walking around and doing better.

The location is perfect for us; it's nearby and convenient. The only thing not convenient is that they don't have good parking.

I've been happy with her care; they take very good care of her.

The staff are very responsive. When I have a question or concern, they listen, and they respond pretty well.

The thing I most don't like is that when my mother moved into her room, the bathroom smelled of urine, and still does.

Beautiful facility. Seems more like a home than an institutional facility.

Lovely facility with a friendly staff. Not many activities for active residents. It is expensive when you need several services.

Also a nice community

We had a chance to visit the Sunrise of Roseville and found it to bigger that what we were looking for , it had a more corporate feel to it. We likeed all the ammenities that it provided as well as the cleanliness that had on the inside & outside on the grounds.

Good care overall

Overall they do a very good job here, although we did run into some issues with specific care needs. It is a very nice looking facility, and it is well kept and clean. The staff have all been friendly and professional, and overall the care they provide is good. One thing to be aware of, which was the source of a lot of frustration for me, is that while they have nurses on staff there are many medical services they are not allowed to perform. It wasn't made very clear to me that they would not be able to perform this service, and it took 3 months of receiving late night emergency calls I had to personally handle before they were able to contract someone to come in and perform this service.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We would like to learn more, so please email us at Information at sunriseseniorliving dot com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

My parents and I both like it

It's really nice, my parents are very pleased, the staff is awesome. They're getting very good care there and I feel safe with them being there. My dad is actually getting into activities, they have a man's pizza and beer thing and he loves that. I don't know that mom is getting into that has much as she used to, she has a hard time getting around and I think she's embarrased by that.
I liked the atmosphere, the food is awesome there, they have a really good cafeteria and menu and that was one of the things we were looking for. My dad was trying to cook and they weren't eating well and my mom is a diabetic so food was really important. I'm working on their costs so they don't run out of money, but that's everywhere you go.

When they need more care, this isn't the right place

They were okay if you were just assisted living but once you got to their memory care unit it was just not the place to be. I could recommend their assisted living, that was fabulous, but their memory care was a really bad experience. They just weren't getting the care they needed and we wondered why people came and went so quickly so I think a lot of people weren't happy with it. When you don't need one on one care and you're more independent, it's great, they have lots of activities, but when you need care it's really not where you want to be. I did voice my concerns and they kind of blew me off saying that I needed to hire someone to take care of her, but why pay someone to come in to do what I'm paying them to do?

Great Marketing

We feel like they were able to market Sunrise really well. We had done a lot of research before hand and really thought this was a great choice. Our first and second impression was great. But then the third impression started being not as great by our fourth impression we were starting to wonder if we had made the right choice. It just seems like when they market it they told us we will do this and that, but when it comes down to it none of that stuff was done. It seemed like there was a big lack of communication. We have addressed some issues and it seems like they wanted to address them as well but we will find out if anything changes

From family of former residents

For the past 3 yrs. both parents have been residents & we highly recommend this facility. From the time you enter the door, staff & residents come to know you personally & you become a family member. 7 day nursing care catches problems before they enlarge. Parents enjoyed the care givers who checked on them frequently. Have a problem & they have a solution from dealing with depression to adding more laundry service. Parents had no complaints about the food, cleanliness. Very home-like lobby where people gather & share conversation & daily activities, crafts or larger events as senior prom or New Yrs. Eve party. Dogs and cats get a lot of attention. Advice is nearby when hospitalization or hospice is necessary. Coffee, fruit, treats always available in bistro. It may be more expensive than others, but the quality was worth it. Never resented writing the monthly check. 5/5 stars from us

Toured. Liked the feel, very homey. U...

Toured. Liked the feel, very homey. Urine smells turned some family members off. Main reason we wouldn't consider is totally private pay.

Nice.

Nice.

Really nice facilities, but too big.

Really nice facilities, but too big.

Loved the commons area, loved the pet...

Loved the commons area, loved the pets allowed. Disappointed with how small the apartments are.

Expensive and small. Studio 300sf $3...

Expensive and small. Studio 300sf $3300/mth, Companion Suite $2900, 1BR $5000. $1200 nonrefundable move-in fee. No MA/Elderly Waiver.

do no need to schedule an appointment...

do no need to schedule an appointment, as we've found The Place for Mom at Traditions. Perfect for Mom and family too!