Dry Harbor Nursing Facility - Middle Village, NY

Dry Harbor Nursing Facility - Middle Village, NY has yet not published prices.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

All the people are courteous, and when you ask them something, they'll respond right away. The finance department was helpful to me. All in all, I think it's very good. The nurses are friendly and very responsive.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The people are very good to her and have taken good care of her. She is getting her physical therapy. She is pleased with the service. It is clean. She is very pleased with the meals and she is very fussy. They have a very good cook. They call me and the social worker calls me. I like the social workers and supervisors. They are a five star facility!

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

So far it is good with my mom being there over a week. My mom is happy and is treated well. My mom says the food is excellent. Communication is very good.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I thought it was a nice place and the people were friendly and the service was fine. It was clean. He said the food was good. One of the nurses talked with me and he was kind.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The staff is excellent and the people were on top of things and very caring. I like both of the charge nurses.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Everybody has been very helpful. They listen to what we need for his care. They work with him in his room if he does not go to the therapy room. I like the nurse supervisor.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The staff is so nice and they help with everything. I liked the PT and OT therapists, they are really good. The food is kosher and I loved it.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It is okay and they started OT and PT. Everything seems very good.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I would recommend Dry Harbor to a friend!

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Dry Harbor is very clean. The service and helpfulness of the staff is good. Rehab is going well for my loved one. The nurses are very attentive. The staff is all very friendly. She seems very satisfied with the meals. They keep me very informed.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I think they are well staffed. They are very helpful and organized. They are good at setting up hair appointments and always have activities going on. They are kind and I am happy. The therapists are working with him getting in and out of bed. He has been out of bed and wheelchair with their help. The nurses are kind and responsive.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The staff is tremendous. My loved one is being taken great care of. The ceiling needs to be repaired though. She gets therapy once or twice a day and the therapist is awesome. I really like it. They are the best. We like many of the staff. The place looks outstanding and it's very clean. They are always cleaning and mopping. There is no smell whatsoever. She enjoys the meals. Communication with me has been awesome.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Some things were good and something not good. She had an over sized wheelchair and it was too high up. When I came to pick her up one of the staff was very helpful. She loved the therapy and it was good. There was one nurse that was real good. It seemed pretty clean for the most part. She said the meals are terrible though.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

He gets good rehab help and the people are nice. He is not crazy about the food. If he asks for some help they help and they are polite. Everybody is very pleasant and helpful. I have not seen any problem. He is not crazy about the meals. They were real helpful in the beginning.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

This is our first experience at a facility and so far they have made it go so smoothly. We are very pleased with her care. Everyone I have come across so far has been very nice as well. The facility is very clean! Sometimes they give you the menu and I will write down what they should give her and they do not accommodate this. She is a picky eater to begin with so I have had to bring in food from home to get her to eat.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The rehab and OT is top notch and that is why he is there. The therapists are wonderful. The nurses and aides are top notch and love to help you. They are very kind. It takes a while for help at night though. The dinner is horrible but other meals are fine. They never give you the substitutes you choose.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are understaffed and they do the best they can. The therapists are good and strict. As far as meals, my friend complains that he does not get black pepper.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

So far so good. My loved one seems to like it. The speech therapist is very nice. The staff are all very nice. It is very clean too.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It has been a good experience at Dry Harbor.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

My brother said when she was first there the bathroom was disgustingly dirty and that was a problem. They had to ask them to clean it. On the weekends they have a light staff. They are doing a decent job. I have not heard of any complaints.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

He is complaining about the food.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Everybody I came in contact with is lovely and the place is nice. My loved one liked a nurse and the front desk person. His roommate is a little annoying though.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I have had nothing but a good experience when I visit my loved one. She seems well cared for. Her room and the halls I have been in are all clean. The staff has been in touch with me several times. The communication is good. The nutritionist and social worker are very nice.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are very clean and the staff is nice. They give a good bath. They clean my loved one's room and the food is good. Communication is excellent, but sometimes I have to keep on asking.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I like the way they treat my loved one. The service is good. The nurses are very nice and help me with my questions. The CNAs are very good. When I ask questions, the staff gives me the answers, and they answer my loved one, too.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are very helpful there. The staff are all amazing. It is very clean. My loved one does not complain about the food and he enjoys the food. The lady who helps him in the morning is very understanding. She is an aide.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The nurses tend to my loved one and care for her. They do the therapy every day and make her walk and do the bicycle. Everybody is nice. Sometimes it is not very clean and they do not sweep. The meals are okay.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I would definitely rate this facility a 5 out of 5. The therapists are doing a great job! They have also done a great job at communicating with me about my father's progress and overall state. They communicate with phone calls as well as emails and letters that give me updates on my father's care. The staff also communicates with me about his progress as well as any concerns we have. They are very good at keeping me informed. At times my father has some complaints, however he can be a little more difficult. It seems as though they take care of his concerns. He did have an issue with one nurse in particular whom he felt would come into his room for care and not interact with him personally. Other than that the nurses are very good. They are overworked but very nice. At times he doesn't like the meals, however there are other times he does. He happened to have Baked BBQ Chicken yesterday and it looked amazing!

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

We do not have any problems over there. The rehab therapy is very excellent. The cleanliness is excellent. They are excellent at communicating with me. The food is delicious, too.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are all very friendly. We have meetings about his care and they do a good job about keeping me informed. It would be nice to have a doctor that is readily available.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It has been very accommodating. My mother is doing well with therapy. My sister has had to be pretty proactive to get information, though.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

So far, it is pretty good. They are very good with communication.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It has been a good experience so far. The staff is friendly and I am there almost every day. There seems to be a little confusion as far labeling her clothes. But other than that it is going well for my mother. I do not believe she is receiving as much rehab as she could.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I like the nursing home and I like the therapist. My husband does not want the therapy but he has to do it and everything is okay. The nurses are okay. In general the staff are all nice. If I have a question, they call me back. One of the social workers is especially good. Some lady approached us trying to insist on praying with us, but we do not want anyone telling us about their religion.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The nurses are all very friendly and provide great care! The nursing supervisor that is on his floor is very good. The social workers have also been very helpful through this process! We have had meetings and they answer all my questions. I am able to visit a couple times a week and I call every day and I am satisfied with this.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It seems like it is not consistent. Some people are very sincere and cordial and some people act like it is just a job here. I was there for five hours and no one came in. I have to ask about any information. They should tell us the nurses' and aides' names. I have to flag people down.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

My husband is here for rehabilitation, and so far, it is going pretty OK. He likes the therapy. The nurses are very attentive. They come in and check on him throughout the day. They explain things to him about his care. It is very clean. He is eating the meals, but it is a transition. I haven't received a lot of calls, but when I ask, they answer my questions.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I do like the physical therapist, she is good. It is a nice and clean place. Most of the staff are nice. One of the housekeeping staff is especially nice, she always asks me how I am and if I need help with anything. The dietary woman was wonderful and very helpful. There seems to be a big problem with communication though, especially between the hospital and the facility. When I attempt to get information about his care, it is very difficult and I find myself just running in circles. You need a family member to be there for you to fight for their care. When we first arrived, my father sat in the hallway for hours. On Father's Day I came up to see him and when I stood over him I realized he needed to be changed and notified the staff. They did clean the floor but it took them a while to tend to him. I also feel as though the facility underestimates my father's intelligence and cognitive abilities.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are the best. They are understanding. My loved one likes most of the staff. They really try to understand her. They check the room from time to time to clean. The food is not from our culture. The food is good for the people there though. They need to improve on communicating. We would like to know more of what is happening with her health and what is the next step.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

My brother said it is beautiful and they are all good to him. They are excellent and they push him to do the rehab and this is good. It is very clean. The meals are good. He does not eat too much because he is trying to lose weight.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They take care of my mom well. She is always clean and she likes to paint some pictures. They take care of all the patients very well. My mom likes everybody. She especially likes her nurse. For Mother's Day she made some jewelry for her from her home and she was pleased to give them to her nurse! Her room and bathroom are very clean and nice. They change her clothes every day and they take her clothing to the laundry. She complains about the PT. She is very elderly and they put her on a bicycle and told her to stay on for 15 minutes and she tells them I am tired. She does not speak English so it is hard to communicate. She needs different exercises for her age. She is not complaining about the meals. She said if she does not like it she does not eat it.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Everyone was very helpful. The nurses who called me were very compassionate. The communication was good. I liked the nurse manager.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

All of the staff are very good. The elevator takes too long though.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I have been there twice and she is being treated well. We bring food to my sister. It is food she does not like to eat.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They started slowly with my brother and he is doing better with the therapy. I think they started too late and this was a waste of time. Some staff are excellent. They keep my brother clean. He has a hard time getting help to the bathroom in the dining room. He also has a hard time getting back to his room right after he eats. He did not like some of the food but this is expected. My brother keeps me informed. The business office called me about the payments and I want to know what is going on. The business guy is very helpful.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I would recommend Dry Harbor. The therapists were great. He likes one of the nurses and one of the ladies was very kind. I was upset and she helped me. She was very sweet. There was a nurse who wanted him to stand and he needs help. She had an attitude. We have not heard back about a meeting my mom missed.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

All the service was good but not the food. I brought food for her.

Friendly staff, great service!

I could not be more effusive in my praise of Dry Harbor. I was hesitant to put my mother in a nursing home, but they allayed all my fears in the sales process, and the services delivered lived up to the hype.

I especially want to thank Andrew in nursing who my mother said was becoming a real friend to her - not just a service provider. I really appreciate how the staff took so much time to really get to know her and make her feel at home while they took care of her.

The Dry Harbor difference comes from our signature philosophy of “Care with a Smile.” Our award-winning rehabilitation and skilled nursing services and dedicated staff differentiate us from other care providers. We strive to create an upbeat environment that is always improving, continually improving our facility and enriching our staff so we can provide the best care for our patients.