Dry Harbor Nursing Facility - Middle Village, NY

Dry Harbor Nursing Facility - Middle Village, NY has yet not published prices.

Office staff needs to be cusomer service training

Nursing and rehab staff are excellent. Unfortunately for my mother her last day at the facility she was diagnosed with a c diff infection. This resulted in her staying there an additional 9 days since she could not be discharged into her assisted living facility with the infection. At the end of her stay the office staff called me in to their office and told me she could not leave until we paid $6500. for the additional stay since her insurance would not pay beyond the initial stay. When I asked why I was not told this prior so that I could move her to a hospital setting I was threatened by the man in the office with, "if you don't pay I will ruin your credit and your mother will never be accepted in any skilled nursing facility because they send a blast email to all facilities in NYC" Granted all I asked was why I was not told prior. I never said I would not pay. Remember this and avoid this place. They should fire the entire office staff. That's not the way you treat people dealing with a sick family member.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

My loved one likes it there. As far as I know and he tells me he feels better. The staff are very good.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I like the place. The therapy is very good. They put him in the cafeteria all of the time and he needs rest after therapy. The nurses are very nice. They staff are good. They are all very friendly. The cleanliness needs to improve. I see them clean the room sometimes. He likes the meals. He does not get a beverage. Communication is good and the nurse tells me what is going on.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They go out their way to try and help her. So far so good. The nurses are excellent. I like the doctor and he is excellent and cares. It is clean. The food is okay. They do have substitutions for food.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I love it. The staff are all very helpful. He has been getting mushy food but I think that is what he needs until he is evaluated.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are doing everything they can for my loved one. Oh, the nursing care is excellent. One of the nursing aides is excellent! They are mostly good, but they are dealing a very difficult patient. So, you can sometime see the exasperation on their face. They keep things very tidy and clean there. The meals are good. It's good. They're all good with communication. The accounting department and the social worker, especially.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Love it. The nurses - all of them - provide good care for my mom. She told me she likes the therapy and she is progressing. The staff are doing a good job and she is happy to be there. They are patient with the people there. The nurses take time to listen and are good.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The aides are excellent. The nurses were excellent and the facility is clean. The therapy is great. Everyone was very good to me. They all made me feel welcomed and said hi to me. The place is amazing. There was no bad odor. The spaghetti with sauce is excellent. I am not used to eating kosher food though. They would replace any meal I did not want. I had some friends there. The nurses communicated well. The supervisor was very good with answering my questions. The social worker explained everything to us.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

When I came to visit her she was well cared for. She was happy there. The staff were very good. It seemed very clean. They were very concerned for her. The doctor and nurses were very concerned and left a VM on my phone. They were very professional. They were very sympathetic.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The therapy is great and how they do the therapy is awesome. The bathroom and hallways are very clean.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The food was very good and tasty. I thought the people were very very helpful and courteous. The went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of. Some girls were very good. One girl, who took me the shower, did a really good job. The other girl was in a hurry. The nurses listened to me. It is very clean. Except the toilet, it smelled all day long. If 4 people are using the toilet, we have no way of cleaning it. I was there for 3 weeks. When I would go to the desk with a question, they would tell me that they would find out for me, but I never got any response. I had to go directly to the Social Worker for answers.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I was very satisfied. I would recommend it. The therapy was good. They were good. Dry Harbor is a five star on the paper at the hospital. Other than the food it was better than the other facility nearby. This is closer to my house. I thought they were very good. They have no charges for the TV or phone. They had a nice car service for three nights. That was very nice. I was there at lunch time and they gave me a mini dinner. The elevators are a pain in the neck. He did OT and PT and my husband was satisfied. They keep an eye on the patients. I was pleased with what they did. I told him to do what they ask and then I told him would get him out of there. They were pretty attentive and some better than others. They gave him a shave and very nice. They were pretty friendly. We like our meals hot and they were not as hot as I would like. Some of the meals he ate and some he was turned off from.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It was good mostly. Some staff were wonderful. He had good care there. The food was good. My father said the food was excellent! We liked the social worker and was very helpful when it was time to go home for my father.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I'd recommend Dry Harbor Nursing Home. One of the nurses, she is usually at night, she is very good!

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They seem very attentive. Overall it's good. The rooms look pretty clean. He said it's better than hospital food.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The therapy is very good there. It is a hassle going up and down the elevators. Sometimes the staff is good and sometimes it isn't. It depends on who is in charge. I feel it is good there. Some are really good. The food is the same every day and week. The staff had patience with him and you need a lot of patience in a nursing home. They really try. They keep me updated. Each floor has a social worker and if I need to talk with them I can and they try to give the patients' names to do.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It looked good. She is doing better. She says that the therapists are good. It is very hard to get a nurse. The staff are very friendly. The meals looked good to me. "They feed me well here," she said!

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I would recommend Dry Harbor. I did have a few complaints. The staff were not always available. It was filthy in the basement on first floor, and dirty in the windows. The trays could be cleaned better.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The staff respond well. The case worker responds quickly. I have no complaints. It's an older facility but it is clean.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I think they are attentive and they are pleasant. They keep my aunt comfortable. The therapists are doing a great job. The nurses are pleasing. They are pretty good with that. They have nice flowers in her room. They need more a variety for the patients. She needs a substitutes for the food, and they should offer more food to her. They contact me for everything. We had a phone interview and they were pretty good with that. The social worker is pretty good, pleasant and helpful.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Everything has gone well with the facility aside for a couple concerns. Since she has been admitted, her clothing has been lost three times. I believe the facility should move the patient's belongings after the patient returns. When this happened many items were lost and have not been replaced since. The food is alright. It has been very difficult to get a hold of her. I mentioned it to the staff three days ago and it has not been taken care of since.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The bell did not work. They are trying to fix it, but it's still not working. Other than that, the nurses and nurses aides are nice. They are all nice. They are also nice. They are all very friendly. It's clean. Meals aren't actually bad. She says it's tasty and good. She wasn't eating before, but she is eating here. They communicated pretty good. They come and talk to me. They explain everything.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The people were nice. One of the nurses tried her best but the equipment is not that great. The equipment should be updated. The RN's are okay but very efficient like a real RN. They care. They only have one room where they congregate and it is confining. The food was not that great.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The meals are good. However they do not take care of my loved one properly. They do not listen when he has pain. He calls many times and they do not come.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The staff are very friendly. The nursing care got better. The first few days were rough, and now it is better. My loved one is trusting them better. One of her nurses is very good.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I'd recommend Dry Harbor. However the cleanliness could be a little better and the food is always cold.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I cannot tell you how happy I am with this facility for my mother. If I could, I would live here. Every single staff member I have met has been wonderful - literally EVERY person, every shift. When people mention this facility my response is "What? Dry Harbor? It's AMAZING" My mom is happy, my mom is safe - this makes the biggest difference. The rehab is incredible. I have a whole list of individual staff members I would like to acknowledge, including the entire third floor! The food they have given my mom has been absolutely delicious. The food really is fantastic. The kitchen provided me with a meal to have with my mother is was just lovely. On the second day after she arrived, the kitchen staff met with my mother, explaining their full menu and figuring out the best options with her. They offered anything and everything. For example, the breakfast has it all! You want pancakes? Oatmeal? Scrambled eggs? She just loves it!

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I love it there and everyone is friendly and they bring me back up and encourage me. It is a little difficult with the physical therapy but it is helping me a lot. I like many of the staff and the nurses are very good. They are wonderful. It is very clean. They have a variety of food choices.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Dry Harbor is excellent. I'm very satisfied with the rehab. The nurses are very good. It is very clean and they take care of him and bathe him every day. Their communication is excellent. If I leave a message they call me right back.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The facility is nice and my grandfather likes a private room. The therapy is great and super helpful. One of the staff members is super helpful. It is great. They clean every day. The food is good and quality food. All of the staff communicates well and they answer our questions quickly.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It seems to be a nice place. One nurse said he is stable. The staff are very nice. It is clean.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are trying their best for my loved one. They are pretty attentive and everyone is doing their share. It's pretty clean and happy about that. It's good and they are going to do more with special diets. They are listening to us. They need to communicate more though. There is a lack of communication between rehab, nursing and the doctors. Some know his history and some not.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I find the place excellent. The nurses are very good. There are always people cleaning, mopping, sweeping. The meals are excellent and there's a lot of food. Their communication is excellent.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I like it there. It is very clean and quiet, and I like it. It is much better than the hospital. One of the managers did not introduce himself though. I tried to talk with him and he said he would talk to me and he never did speak with me.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

We are pleased with the facility. The people are lovely! The only concern I have had so far is with the meals. Since I have been here visiting everyday I witness the staff constantly cleaning - whether it is mopping the floors, washing out the sinks, they do a very nice job in this regard. The meals have been a bit bland. I was able to speak with the dietitian and I feel as though it will be worked out.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The nurses take care of her well. I feel secure that she's safe there. Consistently, though, she'll be in bed til 12pm.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are doing a good job with rehab. It takes a long time to get anyone on the phone that knows about her health care.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The girls are very nice and they are trying their best. It is fine. I have seen it and the woman helping is really great. The nurses were very good. His nurse does everything I ask for him. There is no bad odor. The meals were not that great in the beginning but it is better now. I call up and they tell me everything. The nurses' aides communicate really well. My husband is in a wheelchair all day and I do not think he should be in a wheelchair all day. He needs to walk more. He has to wait a long time for help.

They are very good.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

My dad seems to like it. They come in and help him. Communication is very good. They are all polite and helpful. The nurses and staff are good. The bathroom is not cleaned enough. The toilet was filthy today. The food is good it is just cold sometimes.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It is going well. My loved one is gaining weight and this is good. They have kept in contact.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

My wife is doing very well. They provide a very good service there. We have no complaints. She is doing very well. We like the nursing supervisor. They all communicate well.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

So far we have been impressed with our experience at the facility. They have gone above and beyond with their communication! One nurse arranging my mother's appointment was absolutely wonderful. The aides are so sweet. There were two employees at the front desk that seemed to have a cavalier attitude in terms of helping my mother however everyone else has been exceptional.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The food was good. The staff were on point with him. But I understand my loved one was not happy there and signed himself out. There was a miscommunication about his insurance. No one has called or followed up. He said he was not happy with the nursing care on the weekends because there were no nurses there. During the week it was okay.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The facility was not giving therapy first three days. However we were billed for this. I'm not asking for special treatment, I just wanted my mother to be treated appropriately. I visited and the parking is difficult. I came in at 1 am to the facility, and the nurse says "where are you going?" I signed in and followed the procedure. She could have been much friendlier. There's a cold vibe in the building and socialization is lacking. The cleanliness of the facility was a problem too.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

All the people are courteous, and when you ask them something, they'll respond right away. The finance department was helpful to me. All in all, I think it's very good. The nurses are friendly and very responsive.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The people are very good to her and have taken good care of her. She is getting her physical therapy. She is pleased with the service. It is clean. She is very pleased with the meals and she is very fussy. They have a very good cook. They call me and the social worker calls me. I like the social workers and supervisors. They are a five star facility!

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

So far it is good with my mom being there over a week. My mom is happy and is treated well. My mom says the food is excellent. Communication is very good.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I thought it was a nice place and the people were friendly and the service was fine. It was clean. He said the food was good. One of the nurses talked with me and he was kind.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The staff is excellent and the people were on top of things and very caring. I like both of the charge nurses.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Everybody has been very helpful. They listen to what we need for his care. They work with him in his room if he does not go to the therapy room. I like the nurse supervisor.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The staff is so nice and they help with everything. I liked the PT and OT therapists, they are really good. The food is kosher and I loved it.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It is okay and they started OT and PT. Everything seems very good.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I would recommend Dry Harbor to a friend!

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Dry Harbor is very clean. The service and helpfulness of the staff is good. Rehab is going well for my loved one. The nurses are very attentive. The staff is all very friendly. She seems very satisfied with the meals. They keep me very informed.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I think they are well staffed. They are very helpful and organized. They are good at setting up hair appointments and always have activities going on. They are kind and I am happy. The therapists are working with him getting in and out of bed. He has been out of bed and wheelchair with their help. The nurses are kind and responsive.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The staff is tremendous. My loved one is being taken great care of. The ceiling needs to be repaired though. She gets therapy once or twice a day and the therapist is awesome. I really like it. They are the best. We like many of the staff. The place looks outstanding and it's very clean. They are always cleaning and mopping. There is no smell whatsoever. She enjoys the meals. Communication with me has been awesome.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Some things were good and something not good. She had an over sized wheelchair and it was too high up. When I came to pick her up one of the staff was very helpful. She loved the therapy and it was good. There was one nurse that was real good. It seemed pretty clean for the most part. She said the meals are terrible though.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

He gets good rehab help and the people are nice. He is not crazy about the food. If he asks for some help they help and they are polite. Everybody is very pleasant and helpful. I have not seen any problem. He is not crazy about the meals. They were real helpful in the beginning.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

This is our first experience at a facility and so far they have made it go so smoothly. We are very pleased with her care. Everyone I have come across so far has been very nice as well. The facility is very clean! Sometimes they give you the menu and I will write down what they should give her and they do not accommodate this. She is a picky eater to begin with so I have had to bring in food from home to get her to eat.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The rehab and OT is top notch and that is why he is there. The therapists are wonderful. The nurses and aides are top notch and love to help you. They are very kind. It takes a while for help at night though. The dinner is horrible but other meals are fine. They never give you the substitutes you choose.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are understaffed and they do the best they can. The therapists are good and strict. As far as meals, my friend complains that he does not get black pepper.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

So far so good. My loved one seems to like it. The speech therapist is very nice. The staff are all very nice. It is very clean too.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It has been a good experience at Dry Harbor.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

My brother said when she was first there the bathroom was disgustingly dirty and that was a problem. They had to ask them to clean it. On the weekends they have a light staff. They are doing a decent job. I have not heard of any complaints.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

He is complaining about the food.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Everybody I came in contact with is lovely and the place is nice. My loved one liked a nurse and the front desk person. His roommate is a little annoying though.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I have had nothing but a good experience when I visit my loved one. She seems well cared for. Her room and the halls I have been in are all clean. The staff has been in touch with me several times. The communication is good. The nutritionist and social worker are very nice.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are very clean and the staff is nice. They give a good bath. They clean my loved one's room and the food is good. Communication is excellent, but sometimes I have to keep on asking.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I like the way they treat my loved one. The service is good. The nurses are very nice and help me with my questions. The CNAs are very good. When I ask questions, the staff gives me the answers, and they answer my loved one, too.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are very helpful there. The staff are all amazing. It is very clean. My loved one does not complain about the food and he enjoys the food. The lady who helps him in the morning is very understanding. She is an aide.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The nurses tend to my loved one and care for her. They do the therapy every day and make her walk and do the bicycle. Everybody is nice. Sometimes it is not very clean and they do not sweep. The meals are okay.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I would definitely rate this facility a 5 out of 5. The therapists are doing a great job! They have also done a great job at communicating with me about my father's progress and overall state. They communicate with phone calls as well as emails and letters that give me updates on my father's care. The staff also communicates with me about his progress as well as any concerns we have. They are very good at keeping me informed. At times my father has some complaints, however he can be a little more difficult. It seems as though they take care of his concerns. He did have an issue with one nurse in particular whom he felt would come into his room for care and not interact with him personally. Other than that the nurses are very good. They are overworked but very nice. At times he doesn't like the meals, however there are other times he does. He happened to have Baked BBQ Chicken yesterday and it looked amazing!

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

We do not have any problems over there. The rehab therapy is very excellent. The cleanliness is excellent. They are excellent at communicating with me. The food is delicious, too.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are all very friendly. We have meetings about his care and they do a good job about keeping me informed. It would be nice to have a doctor that is readily available.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It has been very accommodating. My mother is doing well with therapy. My sister has had to be pretty proactive to get information, though.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

So far, it is pretty good. They are very good with communication.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It has been a good experience so far. The staff is friendly and I am there almost every day. There seems to be a little confusion as far labeling her clothes. But other than that it is going well for my mother. I do not believe she is receiving as much rehab as she could.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I like the nursing home and I like the therapist. My husband does not want the therapy but he has to do it and everything is okay. The nurses are okay. In general the staff are all nice. If I have a question, they call me back. One of the social workers is especially good. Some lady approached us trying to insist on praying with us, but we do not want anyone telling us about their religion.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

The nurses are all very friendly and provide great care! The nursing supervisor that is on his floor is very good. The social workers have also been very helpful through this process! We have had meetings and they answer all my questions. I am able to visit a couple times a week and I call every day and I am satisfied with this.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

It seems like it is not consistent. Some people are very sincere and cordial and some people act like it is just a job here. I was there for five hours and no one came in. I have to ask about any information. They should tell us the nurses' and aides' names. I have to flag people down.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

My husband is here for rehabilitation, and so far, it is going pretty OK. He likes the therapy. The nurses are very attentive. They come in and check on him throughout the day. They explain things to him about his care. It is very clean. He is eating the meals, but it is a transition. I haven't received a lot of calls, but when I ask, they answer my questions.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I do like the physical therapist, she is good. It is a nice and clean place. Most of the staff are nice. One of the housekeeping staff is especially nice, she always asks me how I am and if I need help with anything. The dietary woman was wonderful and very helpful. There seems to be a big problem with communication though, especially between the hospital and the facility. When I attempt to get information about his care, it is very difficult and I find myself just running in circles. You need a family member to be there for you to fight for their care. When we first arrived, my father sat in the hallway for hours. On Father's Day I came up to see him and when I stood over him I realized he needed to be changed and notified the staff. They did clean the floor but it took them a while to tend to him. I also feel as though the facility underestimates my father's intelligence and cognitive abilities.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They are the best. They are understanding. My loved one likes most of the staff. They really try to understand her. They check the room from time to time to clean. The food is not from our culture. The food is good for the people there though. They need to improve on communicating. We would like to know more of what is happening with her health and what is the next step.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

My brother said it is beautiful and they are all good to him. They are excellent and they push him to do the rehab and this is good. It is very clean. The meals are good. He does not eat too much because he is trying to lose weight.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They take care of my mom well. She is always clean and she likes to paint some pictures. They take care of all the patients very well. My mom likes everybody. She especially likes her nurse. For Mother's Day she made some jewelry for her from her home and she was pleased to give them to her nurse! Her room and bathroom are very clean and nice. They change her clothes every day and they take her clothing to the laundry. She complains about the PT. She is very elderly and they put her on a bicycle and told her to stay on for 15 minutes and she tells them I am tired. She does not speak English so it is hard to communicate. She needs different exercises for her age. She is not complaining about the meals. She said if she does not like it she does not eat it.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

Everyone was very helpful. The nurses who called me were very compassionate. The communication was good. I liked the nurse manager.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

All of the staff are very good. The elevator takes too long though.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I have been there twice and she is being treated well. We bring food to my sister. It is food she does not like to eat.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

They started slowly with my brother and he is doing better with the therapy. I think they started too late and this was a waste of time. Some staff are excellent. They keep my brother clean. He has a hard time getting help to the bathroom in the dining room. He also has a hard time getting back to his room right after he eats. He did not like some of the food but this is expected. My brother keeps me informed. The business office called me about the payments and I want to know what is going on. The business guy is very helpful.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

I would recommend Dry Harbor. The therapists were great. He likes one of the nurses and one of the ladies was very kind. I was upset and she helped me. She was very sweet. There was a nurse who wanted him to stand and he needs help. She had an attitude. We have not heard back about a meeting my mom missed.

Review of Dry Harbor Nursing Facility

All the service was good but not the food. I brought food for her.

Friendly staff, great service!

I could not be more effusive in my praise of Dry Harbor. I was hesitant to put my mother in a nursing home, but they allayed all my fears in the sales process, and the services delivered lived up to the hype.

I especially want to thank Andrew in nursing who my mother said was becoming a real friend to her - not just a service provider. I really appreciate how the staff took so much time to really get to know her and make her feel at home while they took care of her.

The Dry Harbor difference comes from our signature philosophy of “Care with a Smile.” Our award-winning rehabilitation and skilled nursing services and dedicated staff differentiate us from other care providers. We strive to create an upbeat environment that is always improving, continually improving our facility and enriching our staff so we can provide the best care for our patients.