Dogwood Estates - Denton, TX

I was very impressed with the property and the staff. I am considering this as a possibility, but I do wish it was a little closer to my house.

Amazing place. Wonderful Staff. One stop and done. After our visit Mom said she didn't need to look anywhere else. The location is perfect for everything she needs. Thank you for the tour and lunch. Everything was awesome.

The community was very nice. There were a lot of gathering spots..library, dining room, game rooms, media room, craft and activity room. The apartments were a good size. The kitchenette has a full size refrigerator. Nice large windows and a balcony.

When arriving at Dogwood Estates, we got the impression we were arriving at a hotel or resort. There were trees and flowers and open fields that one could enjoy as they walked to the building. There was a nice openness when walking into the facility that felt more like a resort than a senior living facility. It appeared to be very clean and the staff we interacted with appeared to be very friendly and welcoming. The facility had multiple spaces for the residents to enjoy - game room, movie room, library, chapel as well as others. The apartments we toured were clean and well maintained and the hallways leading to the apartments wide and visually pleasing. The dining area was also impressive and, to me, seemed more like a nice restaurant than a senior living dining room. We liked that there was a wait staff at each meal to serve the residents their meals. The grounds were clean and well maintained. We all liked this place.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, thank you so much for your positive comments about Dogwood Estates! We are glad to hear you found our community well maintained. Our team members work hard to provide a comfortable home for our residents. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

My dad really likes the food!

My dad really likes Dogwood Estates and he especially enjoys the food. He really likes the social time as well. He’s met a few folks there and feels very comfortable and secure there. We really have no complaints about this community.

So far, this is the best fit for my mother. All of the public rooms were beautiful and seemed to be used frequently by the residents. The actual apartments were a nice size, and very functional. They were not quite as upscale as some I have seen, but they were nice. I loved the fact that it is a multi-story building where residents enter through a front lobby. This will force my mother to interact with the other residents. The atmosphere seemed much more upbeat and happy than the other places I have visited. Every resident I passed was smiling, friendly, and eager to meet me and answer my questions. I especially appreciate their ambassador program to ease the transition for newcomers.

He likes it, but we can't stay...

My loved one liked the facility. However, unfortunately, he has to be moved due to the fact that this is more of an independent living facility, rather than an assisted living facility.

I toured!

When I toured Dogwood Estates, I thought it was a very nice place with nice people. The problem was the fact that it was more independent living, and my mother needed assisted living.

Comfort for dad!

My father is doing okay since his move to Dogwood Estates. He is much younger than the other residents which are to be expected. He has also mentioned that the meals are extremely small. Everyone there is very friendly.

A Good For Me Here, It Has Worked Out Well

I'am doing quite good here at this community. Everything has worked out very well for me here. They have a wonderful staff here. Everyone has been very helpful and kind. There are nice activities offered, I have tried some of them. For the most part the food is good, I enjoy the meals. This community has worked out well for me, I would recommend it.

Great Community With A Great Staff

My mother in law in doing very well here at this community. We know she is safe and good hands here. I would recommend this community, because they are providing her with great care. The community looks great, they do a good job with the cleaning. She has tired some of the activities offered. I've tried some of the meals and they are good. Everything has worked out very well for us here.

I would recommend this community!!!!

Mom is enjoying living at Dogwood estates. I have tried the food and they are good tasting low sodium meals. They offer a lot of activities and she is making friends. This community is kept very clean and the staff are helpful and friendly.

Looked good on our tour

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this looked like a very nice place, overall! All of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional, and the facility was clean and well kept. We ended up selecting a community that was closer to family, but I'd say this one is worth a look!

A Class Operation

This is a class operation from top to bottom. Every member of the staff is friendly and professional. They stay on top of things, communicate frequently if they anticipate that problems might surface and generally run a tight ship.

I couldn't be more pleased with how things are going.

I love This Community

I am really enjoying my time at this community, everyone is very kind to me. I love how clean they keep the community, everything is always nice and well-kept. The staff is wonderful, they are doing a good job caring for me. The residents have been very welcoming and friendly. I play cards with a few other residents, but they do offer many activities for me to choose from. The food is excellent, it tastes very good and it looks good. The rent is kind of expensive, but I would recommend this community.

Everything is great I love it here at Dogwood Estates. Things have been great for me everyone here is wonderful and kind to me. The community is nice looking and very clean. The staff is helpful and kind to me with everything. I really like it here there is activities and great food here. I would recommend this community for anyone to take a look at.

need to offer wifi to the residents

They do not offer wifi right now to the residents. With the fees their paying that should be included in their package . Other facilities offer it but this one does not. She does not receive care services at this time she is still independent. They do have a home health care facility there where if she ever need services they have it there. They offer a number of activities there but she does not participate in them.

Nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Dogwood Estates! It's a clean, nice looking facility, and the people here all seem very nice! It's just a very nice place overall, and I would highly recommend them!

Liked the property, however the rooms are very sterile and not as warm. Community fee was most expensive but they were open to offering options to help search.

The tour very nice. The community was very clean and inviting.Van answered all of our questions and invited me to bring my mother for lunch so she could get a feel of the community

This was the first place we visited with our loved one. He's still not comfortable of leaving his home, but I think he's starting to warm up to the idea. We were joined for lunch by one of the many Veterans who reside there. The food and service were quite good. The property is well kept inside and out. The only negative is there is no pool. We will definitely consider this place for our loved one.

Great place!

This is a beautiful community, but way out of our
budget.

I think they are doing a great job.

I think they are doing a great job. She is liking it a lot. It's clean and the staff is friendly. She has met a lot of nice people. The food is excellent and they are so active. It's great, I am very happy with them so far.

Very nice, so far!

Dogwood Estates seems like a great place, so far! The facility itself is lovely, well kept, and very clean, and the staff have all been very friendly! They've been very accommodating, and are letting my loved ones stay in a furnished guest suite to let them get acclimated to the community while we wait for their furniture to arrive.

Wonderful staff!

Wonderful staff!

My mom was there a year and she was 9...

My mom was there a year and she was 93. I believe this place is more for the 55-75.
Way too long for them to sit for a meal...an hr+.

Cost too high! I found an assisted living place that was a lot smaller and was so much cheaper.

If they need additional care, that is added on cost.

Right now you are paying for the facility.

Also, if you do not give your notice on the first of the month, you have to pay an extra month. I gave hers on the 4th and had to pay through January. My mom went to the hospital on Dec 1 and I knew she was not going to be able to get the appropriate care there.

A lot of nice people live there.

She has had a good transition and things have gone well.

She has had a good transition and things have gone well. The place is clean and the staff is friendly and all of that. She brags on the menu and the cooking and the whole nine yards. They have an apartment family can rent at a really reasonable price, for a night or two, so they can come visit. They can have some meals at a very nominal charge, and they have been very accommodating with that kind of thing. We are very pleased with them.

I’m very impressed.

I’m very impressed. Well, it’s a good place for mom. They’ll have interaction with people their age. They have very good meals that are nutritious. They’ll like it and enjoy it. There is transportation to and from shopping and medical needs. It’s just a very nice community. It even has a patio with some grass.

Home away from Home

We love the place. It felt like we were at a luxurious home. It feels warm, safe,that it says come stay with us. The people are wonderful, warm, and helpful. There are a lot of things to do. The food is really great. The staff is always there to help you out. They make it feel like you know each other from day one.

dogwood estate

we have chosen dogwood estates it is a great place, beautiful & the staff are friendly and helpful.

I would recommend it highly.

Great place for my dad.

This is a beautiful facility which provides 3 meals a day in a lovely dining room. There are numerous activities provided. The staff is friendly, caring and helpful.

It's been a good experience.

It's been a good experience. It's not assisted at all. They started a price lock program so that her rent will never raise, as long as she is there. They have two pull cords in the apartments, one in the bathroom and one in the living area. They come and clean every week, they provide the linens and wash the linens. The housekeeping staff is nice, and when you move in they will come and help you hang your pictures. The on-site managers are so wonderful with the residents. They have the on-site beauty shop is lower price than regular. They have three meals a day. The food is quite good. They offer each resident a move in party with up to eight guests. I like that they have their biggest meal in the middle of the day. They do offer a lot of activities and busses that take them shopping. There have been a couple of days when the bus didn't run when it was supposed to. They have four or five things scheduled every day, a movie room and a chapel on site, a lending library. The decor is lovely, it's one of the prettiest place we looked at. They are very good, if I call with a concern, and answering my questions. They will provide a name of home health care agency to help out if you need it.

was ok, but for price of $5...

was ok, but for price of $5500 2br/2b 2nd person... highest I've seen and can't justify the additional $$

nice place

nice place

NO in room laundry No separate kitch...

NO in room laundry No separate kitchen. The Stauffers were wonderful

very nice facility. liked the fact t...

very nice facility. liked the fact that there were lots of windows and well lit hallways. Staff was very friendly. Saw that the exercise class activity was well attended. Strong smell of cigarette smoke on one hallway was the one negative. Liked the location, close to movie theatre, restaurants and lake.

Built on the banks of beautiful Unicorn Lake in a charming community on the outskirts of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. You’ll enjoy the convenience of our neighborhood with all the attractions of the nearby big city. We’re close to shopping, excellent healthcare and countless entertaining destinations.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind