Dirigo Pines Retirement Community - Orono, ME

Marketing Director [Removed] showed me all residential options at the community. She answered all my questions. I was impressed by the staff, the public areas, the grounds (even though snow-covered, the gardens are beautiful), the flexible dining options, and the array of activities that residents can access.

A Nice Try

We thought my mom was ready for a community lifestyle but she felt it was not for her. I would recommend them for their services. The community is beautifully maintained and the food is good. The people working there were wonderful, accommodating, and understanding.

Memory Care

My mother was there for about a year and a half. An RN was always sitting at the nurses' station and the room all went off that area so they had a good bird's eye view of things. The problem with that place was that my mother wasn't quite at the point with her dementia that the other patients were. I think she felt out of place and for it hard, socially, to relate to some of the people so she stayed in her room and isolated herself. She didn't have her own bathroom and that was not to her liking. With all the ice and snow I though it would be good to find something closer to me.