I'm Very Happy Here

I’ve been at Desert Rose for about a month and a half, and I am very happy here. The area is very calm and quiet, and I think the community is very clean and well maintained. They have a lot of activities here, bowling, silly games, and other things to get the residents out of their rooms to be social. The food is alright here. They have a temporary cook right now while they interview for a new one, so some meals are lacking in visual appeal and taste appeal, but overall, it’s fine. The people are excellent though. They are very well trained, caring, and helpful. They have great attitudes, and I’ve never had a bad encounter with any of them. If I had to do this again, I would still choose Desert Rose. I’m very satisfied.

Great Staff Here

it has been okay for my mom as a resident of this community. The staff are really great and we have no complaints about them. I would recommend them.

Things are going great!

My mother likes it here more and more everyday! The people are wonderful. They have events and activities going on everyday. The food is excellent and I've never seen her eat so much! I have no complaints with Desert Rose and things are going very well!

Feels Like Home!!

Things are going very good since my move to the Desert Rose. The place is very comfortable, they provide housekeeping for my place once a week, they do light cleaning but a very good job. They also provided meals 3 times a day with a variety of choices which are very delicious. When I first moved in my refrigerator was not working and maintenance was very quick to solve the problem, they brought me a new one right away when they could not fix the old one. I am very happy and highly recommend this place.

Gorgeous community!

Desert Rose is a gorgeous community, the building is beautiful. It's really nice, wonderful, I like it a lot. My father likes that it's an apartment, not like a nursing home. He is doing real good there, doing pretty good adjusting. He's not thrilled but he wouldn't be with anywhere other than home. But he does like it there, he's comfortable there. The staff are very helpful, super friendly, they go out of their way to make sure things are going okay. I would rate the friendliness of the staff higher than a five if possible. The food is really good. One of the cooks is a chef at a local restaurant, it's quality food, a lot of fresh vegitable and fruits. He is not a big social person but there are a lot of activities and things going on. They have musicians come in, have fashion shows, there's a movie every Saturday.

Going fine

My Father In Law is there. We live in another state, but as far as we know and can tell, things are going fine at Desert Rose. So far, we do not have any complaints with the facility or the staff there.

I live here

I have been living here about 6 weeks. The apartment is lovely, the people are nice. The meals are also excellent.

Liked everything about the facility

I liked everything I have seen so far.

A pretty good facility

This was a couple of years ago, but from what I can remember it was a pretty good facility. The staff was excellent and the care of the residents was great too. I don't recall having any problems here.

made you feel welcome

They were really good at Desert Rose. The reception from the staff of the incoming people was just excellent. The communication was crystal clear. They made you feel welcome there. The residents were wonderful also. It is a place I would like to live myself. Unfortunately it just didn't work out for the patient to be there. It had nothing to do with the facility though. It is just an excellent place.

I think they are attentive to the residents. I think they could pay more attention to the cleanliness, but other than that I thought it was an excellent place. A little bit old looking, kind of dirty, and it has an odor when you first walk in.

Not the best place in the world but it's okay

Yuma doesn't have much to choose from. It is what it is. It's not the best place in the world but it is okay. They have a fair variety of activities but could use more exercise. There is a lot of sitting around. They made promises that they couldn't keep. They promised a discount. I did not get a discount at all. There is only one elevator here with 3 levels. This place seems like a sales car lot that only wants your money.

I toured this place for my Mom. Very nice facility! I would like to live there myself.

Chef Eddie Fan

Chef Eddie Guzman was promoted to Executive Chef in this beautiful community. If food matters, then you should really have lunch here. The best thing to do is call and schedule a tour, then stay for lunch. You will not be disappointed. I eat there regularly and have never been disappointed. They also have great entertainment that is regularly scheduled. I have friends that go there, just for the food and entertainment. This place is a real gem! In addition to the food, They have a third party onsite provider for medical care services, as well as other daily lifestyle help. This makes the community "Independent with Assistance". The atmosphere is electric, which is evident with the residents. No doubt that the Desert Rose experience helps extend the quality of life of their residents, in turn extending life!

I lived at Desert Rose for ...

I lived at Desert Rose for several years.

So happy there is a Desert Rose!

The staff at Desert Rose are amazing - so friendly and so helpful. The facility is undergoing a renovation of the carpet in the hallways and new furniture in the common areas. The meals I have had at Desert Rose with my 92 year old father and 86 year old mother have all been very good - I highly recommend the eggplant parmagiana (sp)...My folks are still settling in and are joining in activities. I am delighted that they are in a safe environment with such caring people around.

Happy with Desert Rose experience.

It's been a month since my friend moved in to Desert Rose. I was pleased with the cleanliness of the entire property...inside and out. The meals are very good and the servers do their best to remember all the details for each resident. My biggest compliment for Desert Rose is that I could leave Yuma and go back home without worrying about my friend. The staff is trustworthy and caring. It's a challenging job to keep everything running smoothly with so many residents, but this staff is certainly up to the challenge. The negatives I encountered were few and nothing worth mentioning...just life.

Family Oriented

I'd always like something cheaper but it okay. Desert Rose is a little more family oriented and close knit. They pay more attention to the actual people. Both my mom and dad will be moving in soon.

We offer an enriching lifestyle in the heart of Arizona’s rugged splendor. You’ll love the sunshine, mild winters and all the history and activities Yuma offers.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind