Desert Cottage II - Indio, CA

I know my Mother is in good hands

This facility worked so quickly in getting my Mother in, it was a miracle! The woman in charge, Liz, she really seems to have a grasp on how to care for residents with memory problems. The quality of care here is good and [Removed] also is very easy to talk to. She always has the answers to my questions and lets me know all of her observations. I don’t feel like they just throw my mom in a chair in front of a TV. My Mother seems to be very healthy and content here. She also has a few issues with scratching her skin and the staff members take care of that and help her. I feel comfortable knowing she is in great hands and is taken care of. I would recommend this community to other families

I was very impressed with [Removed], and the amount of time that she spent with me going over the pertinent facts of my husband's illness. The house was immaculate, and gave me a good feeling. I would be happy to have my husband stay there provided that the larger bedroom was available on a shared basis. It is now occupied.

Friendly Staff!!

My husband was only in this community for a short period of time and I have no complaints of how things had went for him. The staff where attentive to his needs and where always so friendly to all of the family. The property was kept clean and they had a wide variety of activities for the residents.

After almost one month at Desert Cottages II in Indio, my husband is doing better and not sleeping so much.

I am very pleased with the care givers and how the home is run. They even have two dogs who visit on a regular basis.

I would highly recommend this facility.

Glad I took A Place for Mom's recommendation!

My impression of Board and Care facilities was not positive as having looked at several in a different part of the state.

However, when A Place for Mom suggested Desert Cottages, I did agree to have another look. And I am so glad I did! I was very pleasantly surprised at the lovely home, large backyard with fountain, and very welcoming staff.

My mom has been there for a few months now and is getting great care, so much more than I was able to do by myself.

The home is always immaculate, decorated for every season and holiday. The staff is very warm but also conscientious about medication, meals, and making sure all residents feel comfortable.

I highly recommend Desert Cottages!

Loved this property and director. Th...

Loved this property and director. The patients were outside happy and engaged in activity. Perfect

At Desert Cottages, we provide a safe and secure environment for our residents, with a strong focus on improving quality of life. Desert Cottages employs several unique programs and services that target the specific needs of elderly individuals, with added attention being paid to the care of memory impared individuals. Through our care, Desert Cottages provides families with an alternative to rehabitation facilities or nursing homes.

We provide:

-Staff members with over 20 years of combined dementia care experience

-Professional Medication Management

-Secured Premises

-24 hour/ 7 day a week on-call staff

-Individualized Care Plans

-Assistance in activities of daily living (bathing, grooming, ambulating, etc.)

-An on-staff Certified Activities Director

-Pet Services

-Outdoor recreational areas

-Laundry and Housekeeping Services

-Food Services (including three nutritious meals per day with snacks)

-Dietary Accommodations

-Close Proximity to business and medical centers, entertainment and restaurants