I know my mom is safe and loved at Prestige Pines

I can rest easy at night knowing that the staff is monitoring my mom 24 hours a day. The food is great and there is always a fun activity available to join!

Our family loves visiting Prestige Pines!

I love Prestige Pines

Couldn't ask for more! Wow. The staff at Prestige Pines are amazing. The amount of love and kindness they shared with my family as my mom moved into the community exceeded our expectations by far. All of the staff are friendly and kind. No matter what time of the day or night when I stop in, I am greeted with a smile and a hot cup of coffee.

It isn't just my mom who moved into Prestige Pines we all kind of did. Our family is at Prestige Pines so much that it feels like it is our home too. The Family Dinner was so much fun. It was nice to meet other families and other residents. Prestige Pines was a great choice for our family, I am sure it will be for yours too?

Thankful for Prestige Pines

My dad lived in the memory care unit at Prestige Pines in the months leading up to his passing. We are so thankful to the staff there for going above and beyond to make Dad's days happy and peaceful. Our family truly appreciated the efforts made by the nurse and staff to ensure he received excellent, personalized care. We truly enjoyed the activities offered by the community, especially the family dinner and music therapy. It was a joy to see our dad singing along to his old favorites! I would recommend Prestige Pines to any family that is looking for a safe place for their loved one to call home.

Jenna Jenna

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It was an honor to serve your family and you. Please stay in touch.

Feels like home

My mom has lived at Prestige Pines for 3 years now and I couldn't be more happy about the care she receives. My family and I feel like the staff at Prestige Pines truly love my mom and know her. She is always up to something fun when I visit. When you walk in you are always greeted with a smile. I am proud to call Prestige Pines home for my mom and the staff my extended family.

We would recommend Prestige Pines!!!

Mom is adjusting well to living at this community. She likes the food and the community is extremely well kept. The staff work well with her. They offer quit a few activities that she likes to participate in.

Worth the money!

My mom is doing better now than when she first moved to Prestige Pines. She has adjusted to the move and is doing great there. They offer a lot of activities including ones that family members are able to go in and participate with them as well. They do family meals. The food is very good. I recommend this place to anybody, it is a very good community, worth the money.

Nice environment everyone is very helpful

I currently utilize the services Prestige Pines offers for my parent, and I think the community is a nice environment everyone who works there is very helpful and it is very nice setting. Cleanliness is great and friendly staff.

A Good Experience

I had a good experience with the staff and the food. The people who take care of my dad are wonderful. I have no problem with them, I'm very glad I put my loved one there. I would not say this is a downside, but they told me they had problems with on of the pharmacies they are using and they are switching to a new pharmacy, but they did not tell anyone and I just would have been better to know.

They have been wonderful to work with..

They were exceptionally helpful in helping us get moved in. They have just been wonderful to work with. I would recommend the Prestige Pines to anyone. The facility was clean. Everyone was really nice and friendly. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The care services are excellent. They do a good job at taking care of my loved one. I can't rate the activities because he did not participate in them.

I would never recommend!

Jenna Jenna

Thank you for your feedback. As of June 2017 Prestige Pines has undergone a change of management. I would love to invite you to our community to see all the improvements that have been made. Most of the seniors that live with us do because of word of mouth recommendations and personal connections. I welcome the opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have.

Wonderful facility.

They took wonderful care of both my mother and father at the end of their lives. They also took care of me and my sisters when we were spending the last few precious days with our parents. They were absolutely fantastic and I would recommend this facility to anyone who has a loved one they cannot take care of at home.

I think they are very good.

I think they are very good. It's kept very clean, and the staff is very friendly. I think they are very expensive. I think they are wasting peoples money with, Omnicare, the pharmacy they use, are way more expensive than what we are paying before. But they have been flexible with us on that. For the memory care unit there isn't much activity, they could use more variety and have things happen more often. They just sold to another company, they will no longer be Prestige Pines, I don't know if they knew, but they didn't tell us. We got a letter saying that there would be no changes, that it would be a smooth transition. Today we found out that the director has been let go, and she was a big part of the reason we chose them. She was the best employee as far as I am concerned. That makes us nervous, to get a promise that nothing would change and then one week later to have such a big change.

Nice looking community, but expensive

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very attractive community, they had a lovely main building and common areas, and well kept grounds! Unfortunately it was a fairly expensive community, and the rooms in the price range we were looking in were very small, and would have had shared restrooms.

Great respite care

We've used this community twice for respite care, and it has been a very pleasant experience both times. The staff is excellent, they've been very easy to work with, and do a great job taking care of the residents. In particular they do a good job of getting everyone involved in the activities.

Too far from family and not...

Too far from family and not a good fit for care needs.

Don't Believe The Billboard About Prestige Pines of Dewitt!

My father was put into Prestige Pines by his legal guardian. The facility evidently has been honored for it's care. In the nearly two years that my father was a resident I failed in figuring out why.
My father was there for two weeks before I realized that he had not been put on the bathing schedule. I had to ask for his bedding to be changed and his room to be cleaned constantly. The administration was severely lacking in knowledge and in compassion. I was never happy with actions, or lack thereof. The aides were not allowed to come on the premises if they weren't working. This meant while they were off work a resident would pass away and they weren't even notified or allowed to say good bye. Those people would sometimes come back to work and find an empty bed. This is just not right for the aides or the residents. Sometimes the residents don't have anyone but those aides loving them. The employees were not required to have any previous training. The med techs and aides were very caring to my dad and to me. But the thought of their only training being from someone else who was not formally trained was very disturbing. My dad had Parkinson's Disease, acute back pain, and type II diabetes. He fell numerous times and was allowed to eat anything his friend brought into the facility for him to snack on. There was very little encouragement for exercise or sunshine other than one monthly excursion. Even the games, church, and gatherings are only slightly mentioned to residents. I would have thought that encouragement to engage the residents would have been the norm rather than sitting them in front of a TV or letting them lay in bed not knowing if it is morning or night.
I understand that residents passing away is a common occurrence but is a card too much to expect after two years of residency? I realize that this facility is not for the rich although many thousands of dollars were recently been spent to update the furniture and artwork in the common areas. I would have thought the emphasis and use of money would be elsewhere. Even the entrance was dangerous with constant dripping water and ice build up.
I know that everyone cannot be watched at all times. This facility only had two aides for the assisted living building of almost 20 residents. The memory section had three or four aides. I suggest requiring more training, hiring more people, and paying better wages.
Our parents are worth it!

Jenna Jenna

My mother enjoyed her short...

My mother enjoyed her short respite stay at Prestige Pines. I am sure we will be using the facility again for future respite stays.

Pleased with the service

So far we have been very pleased with their service. They are very good about feedback, and keeping me informed about any situations or problems. When the facility lost power they contacted me immediately to let me know the options if I wanted my loved one moved during that time.
I also like that they have events, such as meals and holidays, where they will invite the families over to celebrate with their loved ones.

We're very happy with this community ...

We're very happy with this community so far! It's a very airy, clean, and inviting feeling facility. The staff seemed to have a genuine interest in taking care of the needs of the residents. They respond promptly and take care of anything that comes up immediately.
One area that I feel like they could improve on a little is just the interpersonal skills of the caregivers. They're very prompt and helpful, but I wish they were a bit more personable, things like just checking in to say "Hi!", cheerfulness, etc.

we loved this place we are hoping tha...

we loved this place we are hoping that this place can be dads new home

Hospice; all inclusive rates.

Hospice; all inclusive rates.

LifeHOUSE Prestige Pines Receives
Bronze National Quality Award
-- Michigan facility recognized by national program
for commitment to quality care --

(DeWitt, MI) – LifeHOUSE Prestige Pines has been recognized as a 2013 recipient of the Bronze – Commitment to Quality award for its dedication to improving the lives of residents through improved quality care. The award is one of three distinctions possible through the National Quality Award program, presented by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL). The program honors facilities across the nation that have demonstrated their commitment to improving quality care for seniors and individuals with disabilities.

“In an age of changing health care, LifeHOUSE Prestige Pines has remained committed to prioritizing quality care above all else,” said Mark Parkinson, President and CEO of AHCA/NCAL. “This facility is an example of the great things that can be accomplished when we commit to person-centered care.”

Implemented by AHCA/NCAL in 1996, the National Quality Award Program is centered on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program. The program assists providers of long term and post-acute care services in achieving their performance excellence goals.

The program has three levels: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Facilities begin the quality improvement process at the Bronze level, where they develop an organizational profile with essential performance elements such as vision and mission statements and an assessment of customers’ expectations. Bronze applicants must demonstrate their ability to implement a performance improvement system. A team of trained Examiners reviews each Bronze application to determine if the facility has met the demands of the criteria. As a recipient of the Bronze - Commitment to Quality award, LifeHOUSE Prestige Pines may now move forward in developing approaches and achieving performance levels that meet the criteria required for the Silver - Achievement in Quality award.

“This award is not simply a plaque that facilities hang on the wall and forget,” said Ed McMahon, Chair, AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Board of Overseers. “Facilities such as LifeHOUSE Prestige Pines receive this award because they’re committed to the constant journey of improving quality care.”

The awards are sponsored by AHCA/NCAL Associate Business Member My InnerView, by National Research Corporation. My InnerView represents the true voice of nursing home and assisted living residents, families, and employees with the most insightful quality measurement solutions and satisfaction surveys in the healthcare continuum. LifeHOUSE Prestige Pines was one of 361 facilities to receive the Bronze level award. The award will be presented to LifeHOUSE Prestige Pines during AHCA/NCAL’s 64th Annual Convention and Exposition, October 6-9, 2013, in Phoenix, AZ.