Discovery Village at Sugarloaf - Suwanee, GA

They were in the running

My father-in-law did two tours here the one with me went great and the one with his daughter not so good as they were given different information than what he got on his tour with me. My father-in-law liked the fact that there were more men here and that they did a lot to honor the vets who were living there. They do have a pool but it was outside so he could not use it year round, there was a nice exercise room as well. The grounds are well kept and the rooms were nice sized. They do allow pets so his cat would be able to move in with him. But in the end, my father-in-law felt this was just not going to be a good fit.

Pleasant Tour

We had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was friendly to my family, and I. The community was neat, and tidy from what we were shown. The staff we met was nice, and cordial. It was a pleasant experience overall.

Our tour was with April and she did a GREAT job. The facility is very nice and a definite possibility. This was our first tour so we don't have anything to compare it to as of yet, but the others will have a lot to live up to.

Changes In Management

My mother is getting settled into this community. They had some changes in the management and the chef of the community. Hopefully with these changes the community is run well. It is a nice clean facility, it is well maintained. The staff is kind and friendly. Overall it still a work in progress of us here at this community.

Seemed nice, but expensive

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also very expensive. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Friendly place!

We are very pleased with how things have turned out at Noble Village! It is a very nice looking place, and they always keep everything looking clean and well kept. The people here are friendly, and the residents always seem well cared for. I do think the food could use a little work, but that is my only complaint!

Nice place, overall

I think they do a great job overall at Noble Village, it is a very nice place! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and all of the staff I have met have been friendly and helpful. They're taking good care of my loved one, we are entirely satisfied!

Fair

Not the best fit for my family member

Great facility. However, M...

Great facility. However, Marie has decided not to leave her home for now. Thanks

Denise took the time to dis...

Denise took the time to discuss my Mom's status and how they can help my Mom. Their memory care facility is excellent. Once my Mom is evaluated at the end of August,then I will make a final decision.

Denise did an awesome job o...

Denise did an awesome job of showing my in-laws around - thank you

Don't be fooled...

My family member has resided at Noble Village for several years now and we are not impressed with their services. The facilities are very pretty but if you look closely, they are not always clean. The staff does very little "assisted" living tasks and are slow to respond to calls. The good staff that cares and is helpful does not usually last very long and it seems that most of the current staff is very lazy.

Unfortunately, they do not live up to the expectations and I'm not really sure that a great place actually exists.

Denise Kamisky

We appreciate feedback and are sorry to learn that we have not met your expectations. Our program tailors assisted living needs to each resident, we review our response times daily, and provide ongoing training to ensure quality care. There may be staff turnover from time to time, but we also have care staff that has been here since the community opened over six years ago. We are fortunate to have a caring staff and great residents that cherish each other. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to discuss any concerns directly with the family.

Nice place!

Overall they do an excellent job at Noble Village. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional. They provide strong encouragement for the residents to get out of their rooms and interact in social events and activities. I have, however, heard a lot of complaints from my loved one about the food, mostly that it is just too bland.

Settled and Happy!

The perfect place for my parents! I went on 6 tours in this area and am so glad that my parents decided on Noble Village. My parents have lived there for 10 days now and they have NO complaints. They have been too tired (they are 82) to participate in too many activities yet but they have enjoyed the food immensely and the care staff has been wonderful to them. The staff is fabulous and very on top of the details. I love going to visit them - it's so pleasant at NV - I always find myself wanting to hang out longer. The coffee is really good too. The part that sold my parents on NV was how large it was and nicely furnished and decorated it is. They have a large family and wanted them to feel comfortable coming over for visits. The pool was a plus too, which is a very rare amenity I found out. It feels like you are at a resort when you are there. Another plus and unique feature was the very spacious and nice appointed memory care community that my mother will most likely need soon. It is larger and more homey than any other that I saw. Go see for yourself, it's certainly worth the trip. You will love Denise, she is wonderful - very low pressure and a great listener.

Exceptional Caregivers & Very Pleasant Atmosphere

My father-in-law lives here in the Villa and my mother-in-law and father-in-law lived in assisted living. They both enjoyed assisted living and participated in activities and made new friends. My father-in-law has mild dementia and lives in the Villa now for a little over a year. He enjoys being there and doesn't want to be anywhere else. My wife and I visit regularly since we live nearby. My experience is that the staff are very caring and exceptional caregivers. The facility is nice and clean - no complaints at all. The design of Noble Village is open and has lots of windows that let the light in to create an atmosphere much like a mountain lodge resort. I have eaten at Noble Village several times and the food has been very good. At Thanksgiving they have a wonderful dinner with everyone's family and all the staff, so you get to meet everyone and enjoy great food.
The administrative staff are very friendly and easy to work with. The nurses and CNA's are the best.
The facilities maintenance manager and his wife live on-site and he is one of the nicest people I have ever met. And he is always there when you need him.
We have priced services at other facilities nearby and Noble Village is an excellent value.

Would NOT Recommend!

This was NOT a good experience for my loved ones. When they needed emergency assistance, it took the staff an hour to respond. The place looks lovely, and the people that worked in the front were quite nice. Also, the cleaning was included – but it was not up to par. When my loved ones moved out, it was like they had never cleaned under the furniture! All in all, this place did not have that “family” feel. My loved ones were never engaged to join any of the community activities or events. It is a beautiful facility, but this did not work for us!

Very accommodating staff

We had some mixed experiences with this community. They were amazingly helpful in getting everything set-up and my loved one moved in on very short notice in a time of crisis, which we really appreciated. We did have some issues with the overall quality of the place once he was moved in. His room often wasn't kept very clean, and there are certain staff members he had issues with (admittedly he was a hard person to get along with).

Very nice place

This place provides quality care, and at a very good value. It's a nice looking place, the staff are very friendly and they keep it nice and clean. We were pleased with all of the services and amenities that they provide. They did seem a little short staffed at times. The other issue we had is that they seemed to be better at communicating on paper than in person. They sent out lots of informative information, but I felt like when I asked questions in person they didn't always have answers for me immediately, or I felt like my comments weren't making it any further than the person I spoke to.

Disappointed as this was th...

Disappointed as this was the one that I was excited to see because they are building a new Nobel Village 1/2 mile from the house! Beautiful entrance but upon entering the memory care unit I felt like I was in a nursing home. It did not smell clean & everything was worn out. Not the level of care I expected to find there. Again more like a nursing home environment than any of the other 4 properties I have visited,

Noble Village at first look is very a...

Noble Village at first look is very attractive and has many amenities to offer the residents. We chose to move our father to Noble Village for the added level of care offered us for an additional fee. We are not sure he is really receiving the additional care we are paying for. We are concerned about his cleanliness and daily grooming needs not being taken care of properly.

We liked the overall atmosp...

We liked the overall atmosphere of Noble,the 2 staff we met, we realized we have to find out more of what kind of detailed care D has now and what he will need. Not sure of location, may be too far north. We like the smaller feel,not huge complex. some hallway carpets were (stained) looked like they needed cleaning/replaced, living area for 1 bdrm seemed narrow/small.Dead plants at front entrance, Did not see any staff with residents ( maybe 1 sitting at table in common area)

Nice, a little quiet, a lit...

Nice, a little quiet, a little more pricey. Farther away.

Nice but did nothing for us.

Nice but did nothing for us.

Spoke with the director. They have 2 ...

Spoke with the director. They have 2 bedr. & 2 meals daily & transp. avail Tues & Thurs. for dr. appt. etc.Wkly housekeeping services; all utilities for 3895 mo. Will call back, make appt. to see.

Exceptional Care. Exceptional Value.

Welcome to Discovery Village At Sugarloaf, a senior-living community located in Suwanee, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta, designed to offer a blend of independence, active lifestyle, comfort and security for you to enjoy your retirement years, no matter what stage of life you are in. Discovery Village At Sugarloaf offers several neighborhoods to meet the needs of Independent Living, Personal Care and Memory Care challenges. Residents enjoy gourmet dining, full calendar of social and recreational activities, a Grande Clubhouse with resort-style amenities, a professional staff available 24 hours a day and much, much more.

Managed and operated by Discovery Senior Living, developers and operators of numerous award-winning senior-living communities in the Southeast United States, Discovery Village at Sugarloaf is a wonderful place to call home. You'll find hard-working, dedicated and loyal team members committed to ensuring residents' experiences, satisfaction and enjoyment are unsurpassed each and every day. We will work hard to earn your and your loved ones' trust and confidence.