Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf - Suwanee, GA

Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf - Suwanee, GA has yet not published prices.

For the best memory care for your loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia in the Suwanee, Georgia, area, consider Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf assisted living community. We focus exclusively on memory care, providing care that’s based on the most up-to-date research, for our residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Every moment matters at Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf assisted living community. With our So Much More™ programming, we learn about each resident’s interests, history, and preferences, and design personalized experiences that promote cognition, calm, and moments of joy.

Every employee at every Autumn Leaves assisted living community is trained in dementia care, because caring for those with dementia is the core of our business. This includes both the team who works with our residents every day, as well as the corporate office staff.

The culinary staff at Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf is also trained specifically to recognize the needs of the individuals in our care. Each resident’s meals are personalized according to his or her preferences. Special occasions and festive experiences also play a part in the dining experience. As a family member of a resident, you’ll be invited to attend these special occasions.

At Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf, you’ll notice the abundant natural light, wide hallways, a secure courtyard, and many other features, all carefully designed to help create an environment that’s safe, secure, and soothing for our residents.

Since 2001, Autumn Leaves assisted living communities have been family-owned and –operated. Caring for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia is our family’s passion. That’s why our assisted living communities have been recognized as the “best of the best” providers in dementia care by the Assisted Living Federation of America, the nation’s leading senior living professional organization.

Call us to schedule a visit and to learn more about the individualized care we can offer your loved one at Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf memory care. It would be our privilege for our family to serve yours.

Luxury hotel feel!

Everything is going just fine at this facility. The staff are good and the facility is very clean. We found that it was so much nicer than the previous care home that my loved one was in. It seems less institutionalized and more like a luxury hotel!

Judy Brown

Thank you for complimenting our community. Our design focuses on the specific needs of our residents. Every choice, from colors to building design, is made with their needs in mind. Our entire staff takes pride in how (community) looks and feels when you walk in.

Inside perspective

Concern about staffing ratios. Caregivers commitment and competence is hit and miss.

Judy Brown

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Nice Safe Community

Everything is working out pretty for my mother here at this community. It is a nice safe community, and I'am pleased with her move here. I know she is in good hands and being cared for well at this community. They have very good staff, they have been good to work with. It is a well-kept community, they do a good job with the cleanliness. Overall it has been a good experience so far, and I would recommend this community.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind comments about our community.

Four Stars

I think that they could make their invoicing and payment system web-based. Like they could have some sort of online account or payment information that we could access. Otherwise, nothing else to say about the place.

Thank you for sharing.

"There's a black hole in my memory"

"There's a black hole in my memory". Ninety-five years old and that's how she described it.
It was a crushing realization when my brilliant aunt could no longer care for herself. Always fiercely independent, medical professionals had started labeling her combative. But she was mostly frustrated with herself. As her designated caregiver, I feared any chance of happiness for her at this stage was wishful thinking.
That was before she became a resident at Autumn Leaves Sugarloaf. Doug Nestlehutt, Executive Director at Sugarloaf, won her over immediately. She may have lost several decades of memories, but she is still smart and knows when someone is genuine.
Doug and his caring staff have made her life so much better. They treat her as a respected friend, and know how to encourage her. They make her laugh and she makes them laugh. From dining to bathing to socializing, the staff does all these things so cheerfully. Although I know my aunt can get "feisty", no one at Autumn Leaves has ever told me she is combative. They just know how to take care of her. And my family and I get to sleep at night knowing she is in good hands. That wasn't the case for two years prior to finding Autumn Leaves.
I had looked into other memory care facilities, but they were so confining. At Autumn Leaves the residents can explore the entire building and no place is off limits. Even during support group meetings, etc, If a resident wanders in, they're welcomed, offered a seat and treated with respect.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind review. We’re always thrilled to hear from family members who are pleased with the care we provide to their loved ones.

One Happy Nephew

My aunt is receiving excellent care at Autumn Leaves. The entire staff shows her love and concern in all that they do for her. When I visit they are very friendly and responsive. They communicate their care for my aunt in all of our conversations. The caregivers tasks are very difficult, but they don't show it They are cheerful and hard working.

My aunt is receiving the best care possible. Thank you, Autumn Leaves.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your post. We always appreciate positive comments from our family members, and we’re glad to hear you are pleased with Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf.

The right place for Mom!

Our mother is a new resident at Autumn Leaves Sugarloaf. Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming. This is a new experience for Mom and the family and they are making the adjustment easier. I would recommend them to anyone looking for Alzheimer's care for their loved one.

Judy Brown

We’re particularly happy to hear that you are pleased with Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf.

Things are going really well

The manager at Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf is real good. This facility is nicer than a lot of other facilities near by. It is strictly memory care so if someone doesn't have memory problems they might not like it as much. They have a lot of activities going on. They have music. There is one main nurse at this facility. Things are going really well here.

Judy Brown

Not a good place if your loved one has difficulties.

My mother was only in Autumn Leaves for a couple of days. She had problems and had to be sent to a hospital. After her hospital stay, Autumn Leaves wouldn't take her back. Management assured me that I would be refunded part of the more than $5000 I paid for her to stay there, I got no refund. I left repeated messages for management and received no reply. It's a nice place, but it's part of a large corporate structure, so woe to you if you have any difficulties. I would suggest trying other places.

Judy Brown

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

This is a terrible establishment. We ...

This is a terrible establishment. We moved my father in this past April, 6 months after they opened, and it's gone down hill ever since. The Nurse on staff quit and we've had to suffer with their incompetent LPM ever since. The LPM was not able to accurately diagnose or prevent my father's UTI and as a result my father has lost a great deal of independence. After complaining about the lack of diagnosis we got lots of excuses but nothing changed. After developing a severe diaper rash and not witnessing the staff (CNAs) or the LPM use any of the medicines or approaches to alleviate it, I finally had to email the Exec Director and complain about the neglect my father was experiencing. He has since been removed and after a visit from corporate staff, we were promised improvement. A month later and no improvements only cold shoulders and disdain from staff with whom my email was clearly shared (another poor managerial move). Now they are threatening us with removal because my father's care it too taxing on the staff. they told us we either elect to have hospice or he's out. STAY AWAY!!! We're aren't the only ones with complaints. One family member told us her mother had a stroke and she not called and told of the event. She found out the next day when she came for a visit. This is an unprofessional company with equally unprofessional and unskilled staff on site. These people don't know what they are doing, are not made accountable for their actions or lack of, and we are looking to get out if we can.

The first 6 months were great but then....

ALoS opened about 10/1/2013 and everything was wonderful until about April or May 2014. Things have gone downhill in a hurry -- for example: meds not given correctly and not ordered timely from pharmacy, growing complaints about the meals served, very little communication between staff and family--even on serious matters, disrespectful treatment of my family member (which I witnesssed) by 2 different staff members, nursing and caregiving staff hired when it opened are still very good but newly-hired caregiviers (hired as the patient population grew this year) do not meet the standards set by the original crew in attutude and lovingkindness toward the patients. It amazes me that the employees here seem to forget that everything they do in public rooms and hallways and outside the building is recorded by security cameras. At this point, very disappointed, aggravated and looking around for a new place. Have heard rumors of families who filed complaints with the State of GA but we haven't done that yet.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your candid feedback. We recognize the growing pains of our Sugarloaf family and have made a number of very positive changes to better serve our families and our residents. Our goal is to support and train the team so they will continue to provide the high quality of service and care Autumn Leaves is known for. We are proud of the team that is growing together and we are continuously driven by smiles on our residents faces every day.

Out of all the places we visited, Aut...

Out of all the places we visited, Autumn Leaves was the best. The facility has a bright and cheerful atmosphere with open floor plans. The staff is great! Very nice. The only concern I have is with the staff being so busy. The facility needs more staff to be able to provide care needed.

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community. We really appreciate your thoughts on our community. We put a lot of thought into the way we build each community and we’re happy that you noticed.

We liked this place and are...

We liked this place and are choosing between this place and Hope Memory Center. I really like the layout and the fact that a psych doctor comes every Monday. Large bedrooms. Great staff. Lots of activities. The greatest drawback to this place is that it costs $600 more than Hope and the caregiver to resident ratio is 8:1 (Hope is 4:1)

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community and taking the time to post your kind comments. We put a lot of thought into the way we build each community and we’re happy that you noticed.

Peace of mind and quality care

Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf is a beautiful, excellently staffed and well run facility. The caregivers and staff are actively engaged with the residents and seek to tailor their approach and schedule to meet the individual needs of each resident. The services they offer are unparallelled and offer tremendous peace of mind for the family. This is the perfect place for Mom.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your kind words about our community.

What a blessing...

What a blessing. Kind, caring and compassionate are the best words to describe our time here at Autumn Leaves. My mother was looked at as an individual during her stay. I appreciate the concern and time that everyone there put into her care. From the welcome posters and flowers to letting me know when they were concerned about her health, they were great advocates of my Mother. Thank you for your time and your compassion...

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind comments. We want you to know that we are grateful that you entrusted your loved one with us and that it was a positive experience.

Initially it might seem like the memory care inside of a normal assisted living community, but paying an extra fee per pill and for this and for that, it really is a better value here. They really have a good approach to the laundry services. The food is very good as well, and they really have the meal services well thought out. I really think it's done very well, they have family dining rooms and outdoor areas for families too. We liked that it is state of the art, and that it's set up with memory care in mind. The halls are themed so that they don't have to remember much, down to the decorations. They use lighting techniques to keep people on schedule, that helps with sun downing. They bake cookies at the same time everyday to stimulate appetite, and pop popcorn at the same time everyday to trigger a wind down to the evening, they use smells as a kind of alarm clock. They have a lot of freedom of movement, it's just done with them in mind.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community.We are grateful to all of our families, like you, who have entrusted their loved ones to our care. Thank you for sharing.

Great facility

Very nice place. Great physical plant, and terrific staff. Good, freshly prepared food, and nice outdoor plazas.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very proud of our culinary team and our entire program is based on what is best for our residents.

It's working out ok.

It's working out ok. The communication between the care manager and the family could be improved. There haven't been any complaints about the food. It's very clean, and the people are friendly, for the most part.

Great looking place

I looked at quite a few options in the area and I was very impressed with all of them. This didn't end up being the place that I selected but I was still impressed by what I saw here. This is one of the communities I toured when I was looking into care options for my loved one. It looked like they had quality care and a nice variety of activities. It's a nice clean facility, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community.

They are like family.

I was very impressed, with both A Place For Mom, and Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf. The main group out of Texas has a wonderful history, and I feel very blessed that they are here. A Place For Mom gave me options and hope. I feel like they cared about my dad while they cared for my dad. They are educated in eldercare, and provide daily opportunities to stay engaged. They took an interest in him and provided personal care. You can't put a price on the care that they provide. They make a point of learning what their residents like and will add it into the menu, they will even plan activities based on personal likes. They are like family.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments.

Autumn Leaves of Sugarloaf is a wonderful environment.

This is a new facility with excellent accommodations with modern, comfortable, and attractive assessories, funiture, and atmosphere. The staff members are well trained, skilled in what they need to do, and treat everyone in a caring, friendly manner. The facility is built in such a way that there are several "dens" with comfortable furniture, televisions, and game tables. The food is good and the snacks appear tasty and sufficient to those who try them. I have eaten lunch and dinner at the facility and have found the food quanity suffient and tasty. There are several secured patio areas that offer a sunny or shady excape from the confines of the building on nice days. A caregiver or an adult family member will always be present during these outside activities.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community.

This really was a perfect p...

This really was a perfect place. Taj Mahal indeed! I was very impressed with the level of understanding the alzheimer disease. Unfortunately out of our price range and maybe too far away. Although could be an option for day care at some point.

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community.