Delaware Plaza - Longview, WA

Family run facility but food is mediocre

The staff here is wonderful and they know my Father by name. They are very attentive and they really care about the residents. When they see someone, they don’t see a check. It is a family run community and that is the main reason why I brought my dad here. The only thing that hasn’t been great is the food. The food they serve is mediocre and the dining service is slow. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing a review and recommending Delaware Plaza, the first purpose-built Assisted Living community. As a family, we are honored to have the opportunity to care for our residents. We will ensure our wonderful and attentive staff receives your compliments. I will work with our culinary director and the team on your specific comments. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Laura, our Executive Director.

Dad is Happy here

My dad is really happy here. They are taking good care of him. His brother is here also. His room is nice and newly remodeled. They come in weekly and clean and they do his laundry too. He does like to do weekly bible studies. He likes the food it is good but on the salty side sometimes. They have alternate choices if you want something different. Staff is very attentive when he pulls the cord and he also wears a necklace that will call for help, now we just need to tell him it's not for room service(chuckle). They have nurses 24/7 that give him his medicine. It has a nice garden area. I would recommend this community.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for adding humor to your review and recommending Delaware Plaza, the first purpose-built Assisted Living community. I will send your compliments to our staff and happy to read that we are taking care of your dad and his brother. Our team is attentive, and alternative food choices can make all the difference for our residents. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Laura, our Executive Director.

Not the right fit

We toured the Delaware Plaza and it was a nice and clean community. The staff was friendly and helpful providing answers to our questions. The atmosphere reminded me of more of a nursing home facility. We chose another community based on our loved one's needs.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review for Delaware Plaza, the first purpose-built Assisted Living community. I am glad to read that Delaware was nice and clean and that the staff was friendly and helpful. Choosing the place for a loved one is a tough decision, and we hope you found the perfect place. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Laura, our Executive Director.

I think its the best place

My mom is struggling with being here she feels that she would be better at home taking care of herself and my dad. My feeling is they are both in the perfect place they are getting what they need. Dad has taken a fall and is in the hospital but what is good is that where this property is located it is only a few blocks from the hospital so I don't have to worry about mom driving a distance. When dad was there he was enjoying the food and gaining weight back. The staff is good here but I was extremely upset that when my dad fell and it was quite obvious my mother was shaken up that someone didn't offer to arrange transportation to the hospital they let her drive herself.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing a review and offering some insight for Delaware Plaza, the first purpose-built Assisted Living community. Choosing the place for mom and dad is a tough decision and happy that you feel the place is perfect for them. I hope your dad is recovering nicely and I would like to extend a heartfelt apology for not offering transportation. I will talk with my staff and ensure our assessments extend to family members. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Laura our Executive Director.

great care

my dad had to get to the ER one evening and the staff at the delaware plaza, longview, washington were wonderful. from the nurse [Removed], to the aid gail and one other that was working on may 14, 2017, everything went smoothly and they had all the paperwork and my dad ready so he could get to the hospital as soon as possible. when dad got back from the hospital that evening, they took care of dad and got him settled in his room. i felt good knowing that my dad was in great hands and the staff at the plaza had it all under control. i slept well that night knowing that my dad was being taken care of. thanks so much for all you do and will do for my dad.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Mary, thank you for sharing this story of your dad and Delaware Plaza, the first purpose-built Assisted Living community. We love hearing successful outcomes and how the team worked under what could be considered stressful situations. I will pass along your compliments to our teams, and if we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Laura our Executive Director.

Not what I wanted...

When I walked into the Delaware Plaza, everyone was very friendly. The thing I did not like was the rooms. They were small and in the bathrooms, the area between the toilet and shower was too small and I could not fit my wheelchair in there. It would have been dangerous for me to live there personally.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and touring Delaware Plaza, the first purpose-built Assisted Living community in the United States. We appreciate the kind compliments in reference to our friendly staff. I hope during your visit the conversation of remodeling was discussed; as we continue to upgrade our apartments, which include adding square footage and barn doors to the bathrooms for greater efficiency. We hope you find a perfect place to live; if we can be of any further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

I like it, it's very comfortable.

I like it, it's very comfortable. The people are pretty friendly, and it's pretty clean. Overall I would give them a 4 out of 5. The food could have a little more protein, I think. I would definitely recommend it to others looking for a place.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing this review and recommending Delaware Plaza, the first purpose-built Assisted Living community in the United States. It is nice to read that we are very comfortable, our staff is friendly and that our community is clean. We will forward your comments to our Dining Services Director. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

A well run community.

The staff are nice and taking good care of mom. They are attentive and we have good communication with them. They offer daily activities. They have a game room and activity room. The community is well taken care of. Mom likes the food. The staff seem to like their jobs and some have been there for multiple years. I was impressed with the competency of the head nurse and the empathy of the director. She seemed genuinely interested in what was best for mom.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing this wonderful review for Delaware Plaza, the first purpose-built Assisted Living community in the United States. We appreciate your kind compliments and that our Director of Activities if offering an abundance of options. Our tenured team allows for Delaware to thrive and we will share this review with our staff. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

My Sister's Tour Went Well

My sister toured this facility for my mother, and from what she told me, it was a pleasant experience. It is a nice community. Everybody was kind and friendly. From what she saw everything looked nice and clean. It was just a little to far for us, but it was a nice tour.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for spending a few moments writing a review for Delaware Plaza, the first purpose-built Assisted Living community in the United States. We are glad that your sister thought it was a pleasant experience and that everyone was kind and friendly. We take great pride in our team and the exceptional care that they provide for our residents. Living close by is important and long travel times can be very difficult, and we hope your sister finds a community that is closer. Our door is always open for any future tours or questions.

Recommended

Staff was wonderful. Building recently renovated so the building is very appealing. Front entrance a bit off putting though. Not renovated and the buttons to open the double doors requires entering the first door and then pushing a second button to open inner door. My mom rented a one bedroom suite that was huge. Kitchen lacks a stove/oven but all other appliances are provided. Residents were friendly to a point, greeting each other but not much more than that. Dining area huge with lots of wait staff. But on many occasions kitchen would run out of one of the two choices for the main dinner meal. Some meals were excellent while others left much to be desired. Rent a bit high at $3900 for the one bedroom suite. Maintenance was quick to respond to situations.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for your review. We are happy that your mother’s experience at Delaware Plaza has been a good one. Our recent renovations were focused on making our residents feel more at home and to provide the safest and most enjoyable place to live. Safety is always a priority, which is why we have the double doors at the entry. That one bedroom unit is spacious, isn’t it? And our residents are happy they don’t have to cook or do the dishes! We try to offer several choices and a consistent menu of options to suit all tastes. Thank you for entrusting your mother with us. We are honored to serve our residents and family members at Delaware Plaza.

Very impressed with this facility. 24 hr nursing, ability to transport for dr. appontments. Will definately have this facility for a follow up.

I feel like they are just average, there is room for improvement,

The facility is clean, but we are paying for a higher level of care, and we come into messes all the time. They check every two hours. I feel like they are just average, there is room for improvement, but I don't think they are bad. The staff is very friendly, and they do what they can with what they have. The management needs to keep a couple of extra nurses on staff, especially for those paying for the extra care. The activities are there but they don't reach out to the residents to encourage them enough. The food has been good. I just think there is room to improve.

This was our (my husband also went)fi...

This was our (my husband also went)first tour; the facility was immaculate. The manager was very informative and discussed what the levels of care were and the costs for both shared and private rooms. There was a fee for the assessment paperwork. The cost factor was inline for our needs. My husband really liked this facility; there was another family coming to look at the private room over the weekend

Delaware Plaza is nestled in a quiet neighborhood of Longview, Washington, and offers a special rustic charm unique to the region. We offer residents convenience, social opportunities, pleasant climate, as well as extensive recreational and cultural options, all for a surprisingly modest monthly fee.