Canterbury Inn - Independent, Assisted, and Memory Care - Longview, WA

A place of disappointment.

This is a very beautiful facility. Quiet rooms. Several gathering places and activities for the residents. The people are friendly and caring. Overall my Mom is happy there. They have weekly housecleaning service. They check on the residents daily. The van service to get them to doctor appointments has been very good. I wish I could give this place a 5-star rating for these reasons. But I cannot for a few glaring inadequacies. First is the food. It had improved some for awhile, but has gone down hill again. They even put in a new kitchen, but without a qualified chef, the food is mediocre at best. Not what you would expect from this type of place. The residents complain a lot amongst themselves, but don't voice it as they feel it wouldn't help. They have been served both over and undercooked dishes like: raw cornbread, raw chicken, and hockey puck meatloaf and hamburger patties, along with tasteless foods. Slightly cooked broccoli is a favorite for them to serve which those on certain medications should limit. It would help if it was soft enough to chew. The second issue has been medication administration. My mom has had 6 errors in her [Removed] administration that we have caught in this last year. So far, thankfully, there have been no ill consequences. The leadership has appeared interested in correcting problems when brought to their attention and have made some changes, but I do not feel very comfortable yet.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Canterbury Inn Assisted Living Community. We are happy to read that your mom is happy and that your rating for the amenities and care provided is five star. Your feedback and attention to detail on the food service and medication administration is appreciated. I will follow up with your concerns and hope that if we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Julie, our Executive Director.

My Dad,s perfect care

My 98 year old father spent the last 2 1/2 years of his life in Canterbury Inn. The last 6 months were under Hospice care with CI nursing staff working hand-in-hand with the hospice nurses. Every person working at CI was so caring and attentive to Dad's needs and kept him so comfortable to the very end. Family was always kept informed and we can't praise Canterbury Inn enough. Thank you for Dad's outstanding care.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Jerry, thank you for taking the time to write this review of Canterbury Inn Assisted Living Community. We are sorry for your loss and loved taking care of your dad. I will pass along your thoughtful compliments to our caring and attentive teams. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Julie, our Executive Director.

We Had A Short Stay

From what I saw they community did fine for the short time he stated there. They gave him good care from what I saw. They did best they could for him.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of Canterbury Inn Assisted Living Community. We will pass along your comments to our teams. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Julie our Executive Director.

We are happy with the care that is received here.. The staff ae caring and attentive and we find them to be amazing. The menu is wonderful and a good variety. They have help with some paper work The community is beautiful. They have activities for the residents to enjoy. We would recommend this community for families looking for good care and a nice value for a loved one.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing this review and recommending Canterbury Inn Assisted Living Community. We couldn’t agree more about the attentive and caring staff. We will pass along the compliments to our teams, including both the Director of Activities and Dining. If we can be of further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

My mother's in laws great care.

We are very happy with the care that my mother in law is getting here. The staff is very caring and respectful. The community is clean and she is happy here. They do have activities for her to join and stay active. We like knowing that she is in excellent care and would recommend this care here to other families.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing this review and recommending Canterbury Inn Assisted Living Community. We are thrilled to read that your mother in law is receiving great care. We will pass along your kind words to our team, and if we can be of further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

My Father's Care

This is a nice community for my father. The staff is taking excellent care of him. He is pleased with the food and the variety of meals. Activities are offered to those who want to participate. I would recommend this to other families for great care.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for spending a few moments writing a review for Canterbury Inn Assisted Living Community. It is wonderful reading about your father’s care with us, and we will pass along this review to our team. The Dining Services Director is always planning and creating food options that our residents enjoy, and we appreciate your recommendation. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director if we can be of further assistance.

Canterbury Inn 5 stars!!

Great place! Everyone is very welcoming, very clean, good food too. Excellent care by the staff with the whole transition.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for taking a few minutes to write this review. Canterbury Inn Independent & Assisted Living Community is an amazing place to live, and we are so glad that your family member is enjoying it. Our number one priority is the care and comfort for our residents, and to read that our staff has been great is wonderful. We will be sure and pass along your review for our teams to share. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director if we can be of further assistance.

My mother is alone for the first time in her life. The staff has been helpful to her, and also to me. She is getting the stimulation that she needs by having other people around. She has meet a couple of ladies that are becoming friends.
Would I do this again? I would say Yes.

I highly recommend

My father is in your facility and is very happy there. response for help of any kind is quick and efficient. Clean facilities, wonderful attitudes, well attired staff.

Our emotional journey with a happy ending.

After seeing a commercial on TV called " A Place for MOM " I contacted them and spoke with Grace, she was so helpful in my search for assisted living for my mother. Grace gave me contact information for all the facilities located in the Longview/Kelso area. The Canterbury Inn was one of the facilities she directed me to and there I made contact with Kris, she took my husband and I on a tour and gave us all the information we needed. We were so impressed with the facility and it's employees, the beautiful areas and the very nice apartments. We took mom for lunch and to see how she liked it and she will be moving in shortly. We cannot thank Grace and Kris enough for making this emotional journey with us. I feel The Canterbury Inn is going to be a wonderful home for my mother. Thanks again.

We Made a Great Choice, The Right Choice.

It was unbelievable that we found a place that my family and I felt so good about moving my dad in to. The warm atmosphere and endless social rooms and activities were fabulous but nothing compared to the pleasant helpful staff. Kudos to Kris who made every move in stumbling block a small pebble. We couldn't have done it without her help in finding funds through the VA.
Thanks to all the loving, kind staff.

Doesn't Have That Old People Smell

The reason we chose Canterbury Inn, Longview WA because the facility had a clean smell and very well kept. The staff is very skilled and even though my father is not happy he is getting the right care and support. We do recommend Canterbury

We loved it!

We loved it! I think it would have been better than where we are, but it was just too expensive. Annette was awesome, and just so supportive for us. She was just the best person I talked to. I would recommend it for anyone who can afford it.

I thought it was very clean and very nicely done.

I thought it was very clean and very nicely done. They are enjoying the food. They seem to happy with the value, and the pricing. They liked the food arrangement here, and they liked the overall environment. As of yet there isn't really anything that needs to be improved or done better that I have seen.

Most of the time the staff responds quickly.

It’s a rough transition. The food is acceptable, but my loved one liked it a lot when she first moved in. There are activities. There is an outside area where people can go. Most of the time the staff responds quickly. The Canterbury has more staff than some of the other communities we toured.

KOELSCH Family = Assisted Living Too...

KOELSCH Family = Assisted Living Too large - long halls - I don't think the "less active" side is the side for Mom - need to look at other side.

Canterbury Inn a Koelsch Senior Community, is located in suburban Longview Washington close to medical facilities, shopping, parks, entertainment, beautiful walking paths at Lake Sacajawea, and just a short 60 minute drive to the West Coast or the Portland OR. airport.

At Canterbury Inn our 24 hour on-site licensed nurses and caregivers offer resident's assistance when needed in an environment of independence and comfort, in the privacy of their own apartment. Our nurses provide individualized medical services day or night, on weekends, and care when responding unexpected emergencies.

We recognize that aging is a natural progression and our residents deserve the comfort of knowing they may receive increased levels of care when and if the need arises. Our continuum of care options may alleviate the inconvenience and anxiety of moving from one senior community to another, for some this may be an alternative to a nursing home. Couples are welcome to stay in the same apartment even though their needs may differ greatly.

Our Respite Care (short stay) program offers a short-term break for those caring for a loved one. Respite residents receive a furnished apartment, and the same amenities, accommodations, and services as our permanent residents. Even though families take great joy in providing care, most need time away for weekend getaways, vacations, business trips, or unexpected events.

Koelsch Senior Communities, has been serving seniors for over 50 years with the simple philosophy, "Treat all people with the respect they deserve and the special attention they need". We are a company built upon a foundation of dedication to residents and unsurpassed customer service.