An unexpected disappointment

Paul's Run was the rehab place of choice for my aunt when she fell 9 months ago. We were quite content with the services, attention and organization. From there, we moved my aunt into Paul's Run as a resident in assisted living. This is when I saw a different picture. Appointments that were supposedly set-up were not carried out. From her hearing aides to doctors' appointments to hair appointments - these were simply not done. Now, my aunt is back in the rehab section after a fall and the attention to appointments and such is not commendable at all. Outside of the physical therapy, it seems that no one is tending to her other needs.
There is always an excuse for a missed this or that - and I realize that sometimes it could be that she is not motivated herself - but these are important personal things that need to be addressed; they are ignored instead.
I will continue to advocate for my aunt, but when the staff does not attend to those needs that we have discussed and pre-arranged, the frustration level of the resident and family
leads to a discomfort instead of the feeling of comfort that such a place as Paul's Run should provide.

Dad's doing pretty good

Dad seems to be doing pretty good at Paul's Run. I use to work there and I loved the community. I live in Texas now so I don't see him often. He says he loves the food they serve there. He has made some friends there and likes to go and eat meals with them. He said he is very happy living there at the community. It is a nice and clean environment. The staff takes good care of him. They are very friendly and helpful. They make sure he takes his medicine on time. They have activities and has participated in some of them. I would recommend Paul's Run to friends and family.

Best Community for Mom and Dad

The moment I walked into Paul's Run I was impressed. I was looking for the best community for my father who was recovering from a stroke needing nursing care and my mother who needed to move from their home into independent living. My main goals were to keep them together, safe and cared for...and near their neighborhood. Being an only child and living cross country, time was of the essence. Paul's Run is impressive - not just in it's wonderful decor and tireless upkeep - but in the caring of their staff. Going through many emotions, they listened to our family's needs and concerns and took the time to explain what could be offered. The entire staff showed immense respect to my mother and father who are in different circumstances and assured me that I would be part of the process even being far away. When I mentioned my parents were moving to Paul's Run, I heard nothing but wonderful words from neighbors and friends who had relatives or knew someone in the community. I spoke to several residents while we were making our decisions and there was nothing but kind words about the staff, activities and facility. Care at this level is not inexpensive but the feeling that my parents are safe and have opportunities far greater than they had on their own gives me peace.

There are a merriott of activities at Paul's Run!!

I am still setting up my apartment at Paul's Run so I have not had a chance to meet a lot of the other residents there. This is a nice and clean community that I would recommend. The staff are very nice and accommodating.

The people there were very warm and welcoming. BJ went over and above to make my mom feel special when she went to visit.
The place is open and inviting. Clean and assessable to everyone.

I Would recommend Paul's Run to everyone that asked

everbody at pauls run has been great to my 95 year old mother... from cleaning staff to doctors

inprove on transistioning into apartments

Improve on the whole transition. The process into the apartment for my parents was somewhat difficult because of the unknown for a lot of things there. Getting settled in, cable and phone hook up took a good two weeks. If they were able to offer a little service there it would be great.

Do not send for rehab

My father was in this facility for rehab. While Paul's Run is a nice looking clean facility the rehab is iffy at best.
The PTs watch the clock and DO NOT think outside the box and follow a sheet. They are also spread thin. When I tried working with my father's physical therapist on wheelchair mobility (he is recent amputee) I was told by the social worker they do not normally discharge in wheelchairs.
Then told my mother to find LTC but they could not take him.
The odd thing about this is that the process to get a prothesis usually takes a year to 18months so why did they accept my father from the hospital if they did not discharge in wheelchairs?
I would not recommend Paul's Run for rehab on top of everything they put my father in diapers and would not take him to the bathroom because it took too long because he needed two people to assist.

too far from family, beaut...

too far from family, beautiful setting , nice apts, great activities and services

NON-EXISTENT REHAB!

Nice facility - TERRIBLE REHAB! My sister was admitted for post-op PT and was ignored for the first weekend. She then had some token PT, being essentially ignored by the PT and told to "do what's on the sheet." She had to ASK for training on the steps. This weekend she has been ignored again because she was informed that only two therapists were working and there were "patients who needed therapy more." This is delaying her discharge back to a normal life and only making more money for Paul's Run. I cannot, as a healthcare worker, recommended Paul's Run for rehab services.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED with this place!...

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED with this place! My great aunt was living there for a few months and she was neglected and treated VERY POORLY. In 53 years I never saw my aunt cry in my life until she was at this place. I myself work at a hospital and always USED to recommend this place but now I will do nothing but tell everyone the AWFUL TRUTH!!! We kept her there for a few months to see if maybe she was just not used to the change at first and it was the worst decision my family and I have ever made. It makes me sick that I let this happen to my sweet sweet aunt. I really do not wish what happened to my aunt on my worst enemy! There was one worker that actually took care of my aunt and I would do anything to just meet her and say THANK YOU! My aunt non stopped talked about her, saying she was so amazing and the only one who truly cared for her well being. With the Alzheimer's my aunt doesn't know her name only her face. If it ever comes to her I will be sure to notify her if I can and buy her a nice dinner. There is not a lot of honest and caring people left in this world but she is one of them. I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone and will always resent them for the pain they caused my dear old aunt!

I can't say enough wonderful things about them!!!

The food is great it's a five. From beginning to end, the visiting prior to, the information that was available to medication management. They are very attentive dutiful. The thing that impressed me even before we moved in, is the staff greeted the residents by name. They are very friendly. I've told other people how great they are. The parking is sometimes a little difficult, but that is the only thing that I can find. We are there three or four times a week and we have never seen anything to speak of. They have all different levels of care so she won't have to move. Once a person is admitted, if they outlive their money they still get to stay.

I'm thrilled with the place.

It was a great fit for him. They are friendly I think they are very professional, and have been very helpful. It's very fair for what he's getting and have been more open and helpful moneywise, than where he was before. BJ Maul was very helpful and I didn't know that my dad could be in independent living and saved us money that way. It's a top notch retirement home and continuous care which is a benefit for the future. My dad is very particular, It's not always the same person who gives him a shower, some he's not happy with and some he's very happy with. I've talked to the head nurse and I think she's on top of things I think they are very good. I've tried the food and I think it's excellent. My dad is a complainer and he is very fussy with food and he has had very many complaints. I am just so happy about the improvement from where he was before. I think they have a good handle on what they are doing. I think it is a wonderful organization. I think continuous care is a wonderful thing. They have a benevelent fund, it is a sense of security to know that if his money runs out that would kick in if they have it. It looks like there is a lot of socialization, and it has top security, really nice security there. When you walk in the front doors there is security there They take your picture, and keep it on their computer and whenever I go visit I walk in and they pull it up, and I get a sticky badge with my name and my picture and my dads room number. They have pull strings all over the place for the residents. The grounds are beautiful and it's built for seniors and the community bathroom by where they eat is a really wide door. It's clean and there are plenty of workers there. I'm impressed with them. They handle problems well. I'm thrilled with the place.

We could not be happier!

This place really could not be better for her, we can't express how happy she is. Everyone is friendly, and the community itself is very clean. It has made such a difference in her life, it's like night and day how much better she is doing. We almost never hear from her anymore, she's so busy enjoying herself, which is both a relief and a little scary! She's had nothing but good things to say about the food, and this is a woman who knows how to complain if she wants to!

Old and Massive Building

The folks we spoke with were very accommodating. It was an older and really massive in size, so it would be hard for my mom to get around since she's in a walker. Everyone that we spoke with was very friendly, and I got a good feeling from them.

Excellent facility

Everyone involved in the process has been extremely helpful, understanding and caring. Mom has found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. She hasn't met anyone she didn't like. Any and all questions were answered quickly and accurately.

Basic

Wonderful caring staff. Very efficient and professional.

Lutheran-affiliated. Has studio, 1BR...

Lutheran-affiliated. Has studio, 1BR and 2BR apartments

more of a hosptial setting. will be ...

more of a hosptial setting. will be undergoing renovations. was not shown activity rooms,.. liked new approach not sure about the price for what we saw