Cypress Woods - Kingwood, TX

Very Disappointing

Cypresswood in Kingwood was a very nice facility in at first…Then things got very disappointing, For the last 6 months my mother was there she complained about the food (they apparently got a new cook) we ended up moving her and this was one of the reason the food was horrible, I had tasted it myself and it was not good as well as there was never enough. For a facility that is not at capacity its curios why they can’t even provide enough food for the resident they have. My mother could not afford to lose any more weight but with the taste of the food and the amount she was.
Then we had a problem with transportation to the point where my mother was having to pay nurses or uber take her to the doctor and to the pharmacy a service that is supposed to be provided by the facility, but there was always a problem with the driver so it either pay high fees to the nurses and uber or let my mother do without.
At the beginning when my mother was there it was very family orientated and had events on holidays for family and friends. Not anymore it is my understanding they didn’t even offer anything this year for Easter and mother days… It is sad that these residents are subjected to this kind of treatment.
This is all management problem, the staff at the facility is nice and seem very caring, the nurses always took care of my mother and I never had a complaint about them.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, thank you for providing us with your honest feedback. We work hard to provide a fantastic experience to everyone. It's discouraging to see that you had a negative experience. Your review has been shared with the management team who would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at [removed] to discuss this further.

Nice community

We had a brief stay at Cypress Woods. It was a very nice community. The staff was friendly and caring. We had to move her to another community that could handle her difficult behavior that had escalated in a short period.

Very Nice Community

My mom chose Cypress Wood and it is a very nice community. I think the atmosphere is very warm and inviting. The staff is pleasant and welcoming when I come to visit. I have not dined there with my mom but she says she likes the food they serve. They do have activities and provide transportation for excursions outside of the community. My mom likes her apartment, it is very nice. The landscaping is very pretty and there are places for the residents to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air. I would recommend Cypress Woods to friends and family.

A good value

The food is really good at this community. We have eaten here several times. The quality is good and they offer a lot of choices. The staff have gone out of their way to make sure they satisfy the residents needs. They have large rooms and they give each resident new carpet and refrigerator when they move in. They have shopping trips. The vehicles they have are not always the best for residents that have trouble walking. The community is beautiful and I would recommend it.

We love it

We are pleased with the staff as they are attentive. This community offers on site doctors and nurses. The food is fair and they do offer a variety of healthy choices. They offer a lot of daily activities. They only complaint I have is that there is only one elevator. The community is kept clean and I would recommend it.

Community Needs Some Updating

We had decent tour of this community. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. From what we were shown I would say the community seemed a bit out dated. They could use some updating around the facility. The staff was friendly, and the experience was okay. However this wasn't the one for my mother, and her needs.

A very nice tour for care

We liked this tour for the care. the staff were able to answer the questions, They have a nice menu. The menu was nice and the activities were offered to the residents who want to participate. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

A visit

This community seemed clean when I visited. The staff I met were friendly. This community does allow pets and they seem to offer some fun activities. This community did not compare to the community we chose.

I toured!

I toured a few communities with one being Cypress Woods. They were all around the same price range, but appearance wise, this one needed a face lift. It was very clean but seemed a little bit more run down. I liked the layout of the room but the back door that leads to the outside area had a window shade on it and it was obvious that the shade was broken. The lady that was showing us the room never apologized or said they would fix it. They did not pay attention to detail. The deciding factor was the company that they used for medications. They charged like $300 a month. That's a good price for maybe someone who gets medication 3 times a day, but for someone like my mother who only gets it once, it was priced a bit high.

Good Tour Overall

I toured this community for my mother in law, and her needs. My tour went well. The community looked nice. The staff was kind, and friendly. There were a few backs, but it was a good experience overall.

Needs updating!

The Cypress Woods was a nice community but it seemed a little dated., It also was not as clean as other places, it looked like it could use an update. The staff were friendly and answered all of my questions, it just was not the right choice for us.

My opinion!

This seemed like a nice community when we took our tour. It seemed clean and the staff were nice. Unfortunately, I did not get the same homey feeling as I did with the community we chose.

I think this is a good place!!

The entire staff at this community are accommodating. I have good communication with them. The staff are attentive and do their best to help me with whatever I ask of them. Mom is slowly starting to get involved in the community. She has attended a craft class and a painting class. She likes some of the food choices. They have healthcare in the building. I would recommend this community.

Cypress Woods is a great place!!!

The staff at this community are very friendly, outgoing and willing to help. The food is good. They keep the community clean and well taken care of. They offer a variety of activities and I would recommend this community.

I liked the food at Cypress woods. The people were very nice and we liked this community. Unfortunately, we had to leave as they did not have the capability to care for his stage of Dementia. I would recommend this community for people that are a little more independent.

I liked the food at Cypress woods!!

I liked this community while my loved one lived there. We had to move him as this community did have the capability to care for him properly. We did get some mixed information from some of the staff during his short stay.

Enjoyed tour. Nice place with lots of nice people! Received lots of good information and was able to see several apartments.

So far, so good !

My mom has not been at Cypress Wood long, but so far we all have been happy with everything !

Beware. Looks can be deceiving.

My Mom has to ask for services repeatedly and I often have to get in the middle of it to get things done. Her air conditioning was dirty when she moved in and they tore up her floor and the A/C while finally getting it cleaned. Even with a medical issue with her breathing, they failed to put her at the top of the list. She ended up in the hospital over this situation. I contacted the owners to complain and they are no better. They returned my call a week later and I was in a meeting. I called back to leave another message and that was almost two weeks ago this Thursday and still no returned call. It's like buying a new car and getting promised great service. But after the sale, they forget all about the service. I am not through with them yet. The food is also overrated as well as their apartment cleaning. You pay for all of it, but don't get your money's worth. I might add that the management changed a week after she moved in so that may have something to do with it. I only pray it gets better!

Review of Cypress Woods - Kingwood, TX

Very Poor. No one was there to greet us at our appointed time. Even when we asked someone to tell us who we needed to see this person failed to acknowledge us in any way. We realize she was helping with lunch but when told she would be right over after we asked young lady who we needed to see. she pointed her out she went to her and we were told she would be right with us. After 35 moinutes of waiting we walked out and we were in plain view of her. Definitely NOT the way to treat someone looking for tour of facility and place for loved one. We would not recommend this place to anyone unless you dont mind left waiting.

Great fit for mom!

First of all, kudos to A Place for Mom. My advisor, Ann-Marie was fantastic, gave me a list of facilities in the price range and area I was looking at and set up three appointments. Cypress Woods was the first appointment and my mom took to it right away. She felt very comfortable with the facility, liked the size of the room and the fact she would have a balcony and look out into a wooded area. It wasn't the fanciest facility she looked at but the apartment size vs amenities she'd actually use vs cost fit her best. She decided that day she was ready to move, this after more than 3 years of not even considering moving out of the family home.
Within two weeks she was moved into her apartment and I haven't heard her so happy and animated in forever! She likes her apartment, loves having the convenience of meals made for her, transportation available when she needs it and is making friends, all at a price she can afford.
It's only been a month, but so far it's the best thing to happen for her in years!

Wouldn't recommend

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one, and based on what I saw this isn't somewhere I can recommend. The place looked run down and badly in need of some renovations. It just had sort of a nursing home atmosphere. The rooms seemed cramped, and I didn't like that they all had window mounted AC units. I just didn't think this was somewhere that my loved one would be comfortable.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Although I'm sorry to hear you didn't choose Cypress Woods, I appreciate the honest feedback on how we can improve the community. I've sent your concerns, specifically related to maintenance, to our Resident Relations department. You're welcome to call them as well at [removed] if you have anything else to add.

Thank you for letting us know about these suggested improvements,
Katie

Based on 1 visit. Dining seems to be a star attraction. Rooms didn't seem great.

We are very happy with them.

We are very happy with them. The only reason they don't get a five, is how slow the meal service is, it takes a long time from one course to the next. The food is good, and it's a nice place. I don't have any other complaints. I liked the location, it's close to doctors and stores. They were also more reasonable in price than others I looked at.

would recommend easy to get. the staff was very helpful Mom has only been in the community for a month or so but mom loves it there. over all a 4 star rating. it was very very friendly there. the cleanliness is a 5 star rating, while the the care service a 5

Everyone is very friendly

We are very pleased with them.

We are very pleased with them. The staff is very friendly. Their health solutions personnel really overextends themselves, and I appreciate that. They have lots of stuff going on, I wish there would be a little more participation. The food is excellent. I couldn't say anything bad about them, I don't have any complaints at all. I liked their call back and communication base.

Felt like nursing home

Felt like nursing home

Holiday Retirement

We're disappointed to hear to that! Cypress Woods is an independent living community, which means we don't provide care or assistance -- so no nurses. However, our residents are free to seek in home care services from an outside provider of their choice if they so desire. Although we offer convenient amenities like three chef-prepared meals a day, linen service, and scheduled transportation, residents are charged with providing their own care if they need it.

very clean. expensive my ...

very clean. expensive my favorite in Houston. 2 people my age.very classy.

I was impressed.

Friendly staff. Clean and upscale environment.

Stayed here for three days. It was ni...

Stayed here for three days. It was nice but just didn't feel right.

Looks like a good comfortable, casual...

Looks like a good comfortable, casual environment. Plus-in Kingwood!!

Mom really liked the apartments. But ...

Mom really liked the apartments. But the food was very bland. Activities Director was very friendly and someone I think who would get Mom involved. 3 set meals a day. Mom would have to use her Medical Alert button to get help. They allow smoking in the personal apartments.

Really liked the apartments, but the ...

Really liked the apartments, but the food was very bland. Activities Director was very friendly and someone I think who would get my mom involved. 3 set meals a day. Use of a Medical Alert button to get help. They allow smoking in the personal apartments.

Nice place.

Nice place.

Nestled in picturesque grounds and surrounded by trees, you’ll love the graceful elegance of our facilities while enjoying all the conveniences of the nearby community. We’re close to shopping, healthcare, dining and all the things that make life rich. Located to the northeast of Houston, you’ll appreciate all the rich culture and entertainment of one of the nation’s largest cities.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind

Cypress Woods Independent Senior Living Community is nestled in the lavish, flourishing nature of the forested city of Kingwood, Texas. A welcoming community supportive of independent, dignified living, Cypress Woods encourages diverse opportunities to their valued senior residents.

At Cypress Woods, residents can experience a quiet, comfortable lifestyle while taking advantage of the highest quality services and amenities Kingwood has to offer.

With a population of approximately 82,000 people, Kingwood is a flourishing community embracing of nature and diverse experiences, providing limitless opportunities to enjoy the highest quality of life as comfortably as possible.

Located approximately 30 minutes from Houston and one and a little over an hour from Galveston Island, Kingwood is in the perfect location to live the quiet life while still maintaining access to a metropolitan city and coastal adventures.

Kingwood is a beautifully developed city of villages on approximately 14,000 impressive acres of richly diverse forest land with over 500 acres of sprawling parks and nature reserves, appealing to nature lovers who appreciate living in harmony with their surroundings.

Residents will have access to modern conveniences and comforts while still maintaining a peaceful existence at œhome.

Navigating Kingwood and the surrounding areas is easy and convenient. Residents have access to many hassle free transportation options to meet their needs.

Transportation Services

- Taxi Services: A&M Taxi Cab and Woodlandtowncar are two local options.
- Townsend Park and Ride in Humble
- Uber services
- Jeff's Cab and Shuttle Service: provides transportation to Houston's Hobby and Bush Airports, Houston Medical Center, train and bus stations as well as the Space Station.

Recreation

Known as the œliving forest, Kingwood is the perfect place for seniors to enjoy naturally exquisite outdoor recreation.

Parks - Kingwood is home to several parks, including:
- Deer Ridge Park: residents can enjoy a game of tennis or a leisurely stroll around a charming duck pond
- East End Park : ideal for leisurely nature walks, features a nature preserve
- Lake Houston State Park: an almost 5,000 acre park, located approximately 10 miles north in New Caney and is a popular recreation and relaxation destination with something for all ages to appreciate
- Town Center Park: a hub for holiday festivals and special events all year
- River Grove Park: residents can enjoy fishing, picnics and spending time near the water, bird watching

In addition to visiting any of Kingwood's parks, active seniors will appreciate over 75 miles of the beautiful natural trails winding through Kingwood known as The Greenbelt.

Kingwood's vibrant city is alive with a multitude of family and senior friendly recreational activities to explore. These activities are located in the city of Kingwood itself or in a reasonably close proximity.

- Bowling: AMF Humble Lanes and Max Bowl are two bowling alleys located in Humble, two miles South of Kingwood.
- Golf: of the many private and public golf courses in Kingwood, Deerwood Clubhouse is only 1.6 miles away from Arbor Terrace. Kingwood Cove Golf Club and Total Golf at Kingwood are other options.
- Fitness Centers: Although there a many reputable fitness centers and gyms throughout Kingwood, Lake Houston Family YMCA is 0.5 miles away and participates in the Silver Sneaker Program and offers a diversity of classes catering to seniors.

Shopping and Entertainment

Kingwood's thriving community boasts countless opportunities to meet all your shopping and entertainment needs.

Shopping

- Malls: Kingwood Commons, Humblewood Shopping Center, Deerbrook Marketplace.

- Department and chain stores: Khols, Target, Stein Mart, Chicos, Men's Warehouse, Shoe Carnival and more. Many upscale department stores such as Macy's and Dillard's are located in the malls.

- Specialty Stores: Bed, Bath and Beyond, Rachel's Hallmark, Quilts and Creations and Michael's craft store are a few that may of interest to the senior community.

- Drugs stores: CVS and Walgreens.

- Grocery stores: Randall's, Kroger, H-E-B, A- 1 Supermarket and Walmart Neighborhood Market are a few of the many grocery shopping options. Organic and health food stores are also options for the more health conscious.

- Specialty coffee and tea shops.

- Fine wine and spirits.

Entertainment

- ShowBiz Cinemas: state of the art movie theatre
- Kingwood Theatre: features classic films such as Midsummers Night's Dreams, The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe and Fiddler on the Roof.
- Centre Stage: featuring musical theatre productions

Museums

- The Humble Museum
- Freedom 2000

Kingwood Town Center

Town Center is at the heart of Kingwood's vibrant shopping community and features an array of charming boutiques, restaurants, coffee shops and other specialty shops right outside your front door. In addition, Town Center Park hosts a variety of exciting events that are safe and accessible to all ages.

Events

- Farmers Market
- Thursday Market
- Mardi Gras
- Christmas in the Park
- Car Shows
- Fourth of July Celebrations
- Live music

Residents can enjoy visiting the numerous craft and food vendors as well as the delightful array of live entertainment that Town Center Park generously offers.

Kingwood also supports a diverse and thriving religious community accommodating a full range of denominations.

Religious Facilities

- New Life Church
- Holy Comforter Lutheran Church
- Crossway Community Church
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

There are also many community and non-denominational churches within proximity.

Residents can be assured that the community of Kingwood is equipped to meet every need, including providing excellent medical recourses.

Medical Facilities

- Kingwood Medical Center Hospital
- Kingwood Pines Hospital: addresses psychiatric needs
- Kingwood Urgent Care
- Northeast Minor Emergency Center
- Northeast Medical Center Hospital
- Texas Family Emergency Center

The charming community of Kingwood offers an unparalleled quality of life while living in harmony with Kingwood's breathtaking natural surroundings. Kingwood is an embracing, thriving, beautiful place to call home.