Paradise Springs - Spring, TX

My favorite out of all that was toured. [Name removed] and [name removed] were the best. If Spring Tx is were we end up it would be here, or Watercrest.

I loved the cottage. It had a 1-car garage and a fire place in the living room. The living room was beautiful, and there was a full size kitchen. The bedrooms were a little small, and storage space was almost none existent. Rent includes 3 meals a day, and I doubt if we would ever get up early enough for breakfast. The distance from the cottage is rather long.

Very nice place, but not for "active" seniors.

The facility was OK, but did not offer open dining, which is what my mom wants. The dining room is only open for an hour for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is too restrictive for my mom. The apartments had an in-wall air conditioner and an electric floor heater in the bedroom. For Houston, I can't imagine not having central AC. I don't think a wall unit will work well for my mom, especially since she is coming from Colorado and is not used to TX heat and humidity. There were dead bugs in both apartments we looked at also.

[Removed]was very friendly and caring on my tour. This facility was clean and well maintained. We did walk down one wing that had a definite smoke smell. I wouldn't want my folks living in that area. The apartments don't have a full kitchen, which is important to my parents. This location is farther than I would like from my home.

Paradise Springs

I toured Paradise Springs for my mother, and I thought the people were very nice. They could not be nicer, but felt that they community as a while was more expensive the we wanted. We looked at some cottages there as well, and I just felt that fro the price, they could be nicer.

Paradise Springs did not seem as user-friendly for our loved one to be as comfortable as possible. The representative did not seem like he was listening to what we were saying, it seemed he more interested in filling up rooms, than understanding if the facility had what was needed for her specifically. The lack of easy access to the outdoor living spaces, the absence of an organized mentorship/ambassador program to help my grandmother acclimate, and fewer interesting activities made Paradise Springs an easy choice to eliminate from our list.

Wonderful Staff

This community is wonderful we are extremely pleased. Dad is doing very well here. He is interacting with the other residents and doing activities. He loves the food. The staff is amazing especially during the extreme weather that we are having now. The administration and the maintenance staff is working around the clock to ensure the residents and staff are kept safe and secure.

A Good Choice

The experience is wonderful so far. For the times we have visited my mother-in-law, the staff were exceptionally wonderful. The medication dispenser and all the has been helpful. The office always helps her, even if it is with the TV. They are nice and the community is pleasant. I see a lot of festivities going on, it is fun and up beat. APFM referred us and even though it was a little further, it ended being perfect.
She is very involved and she is happy. She meets new people and makes friends. The community is larger but still personalized. I get updates and tell me about her. I see they pay attention and get to know the residents. I would recommend them.

Everything Is Enclosed

If you're looking for a community where you have some sort of physical impairment or mobility issue this is your place. You never have to go outdoors to get to anything in this community it is all enclosed. My parents are really enjoying their new surroundings. They love the food and they are doing activities but what they enjoy most of all is the live entertainment they have. Overall the housekeeping is doing a good job the only complaint we might have is that the housekeeper could dust and not just run the vacuum cleaner over the rugs.

A very good tour!!

I also toured Paradise Springs. It was a good tour, the person who took us around was able to answer all of our questions and give me good information. It was a good experience to tour but it was not what we were looking for at the time.

The care at this community the staff are over the top. The community is beautiful and very clean. The menu is outstanding and a great variety of healthy meals. they have a lot of great activities that she is always participating. We would be happy to recommend this community for the outstanding care and a great value.

This is a great community to live in. I like that the staff is very caring and helpful when needed. I like the that they cook for me and I can have a nice variety to choose from. They offer a lot of nice activities for me to choose from. I would gladly recommend this community for others to live here.

Very nice place. Staff was friendly, food was good.

A good tour!

I had a good tour of the Paradise Springs. It was a nice place and everyone was very friendly, but it was not what we were looking for.

I gave Paradise Springs 4 stars only because it's not quite what I'm looking for. Everyone was very welcoming and there were all the usual amenities like laundry facilities, housekeeping services, a salon, etc. I was interested in having a kitchen or kitchenette at least and these are not available except in the large, stand alone units.

this place feels more like a "home". no kitchens just sink and fridge.

A tour for care

I toured this community for my mom. I did not like how closed in it felt. The living rooms seemed to be small. My mom would not of been able to cook her own meals at this community. They did have activities . The staff was not able to give me alot information on what care was available. I suggest to other families that theu look into the community to see if it would meet the needs for a loved one.

My parents care

The community is very clean and very nice. The staff is very nice and helpful. The food is a littie different then what my parents are use to. They have activities but have not been active yet. I would recommend this community for other families for good care and good value.

Staff is Helpful !!

The staff have been very helpful to my husband I at this community. We really enjoy our dinning experiences as well as the variety of meals they serve us throughout the day. I have also been participating in many of the activities they offer and am really enjoying them

Our second choice!

The staff I met during my tour were nice. The food was ok, however they only offered one dining room option. The community was nice and clean.

Various Amenities Available!!

Activities are offered here but they are scheduled. One of the amenities that i liked was the housekeeping they have available. There are common areas outside and inside this place. I thought that everything was very clean and i liked the set-up of the community it was nice. The tour guide was very friendly he would answer any questions or concerns.

A 5 on the physical layout!!

My mother in law seems pretty happy at this community. The food is great I would give it a 5. The community is immaculately clean. They offer daily activities. The staff are professional and friendly. I would give the staff a 4 on internal communication. She has made friends there.

Great Staff!!

I did a tour of this community. Pets are accepted here. The community overall was clean and the staff was nice they explained everything. The tour went well they do offer various activities. This would be a nice retirement community.

Liked the facility. Location is too far to work for my parents and they need a level of care that is not likely at this facility.
only 5 married couples in the whole facility. 80% women. average age 85? most folks stay for years.

Price Has Increased

I was going to move my dad here into this community but after a month later they raised the price by $400! Otherwise I do like this place and I like the manager. My dad did enjoy his time at the community and I did like there was a community T.V. room and more community amenities available.

A fantastic place!!!

The minute we walked into Paradise Springs we knew this was the place for my dad. The community is immaculate. The staff are very friendly, outgoing and very helpful. He gets along with everyone there. The food is good and they offer a good variety. I would recommend this community.

I went to tour this facility before I took my father in law. Everyone I spoke to was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. I brought my father in law the next day. We had lunch and he toured the facility. We moved him in and he is extremely happy there.

A Very Pleasant Place

This is a very elegant, clean spacious facility. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is a well maintained, well kept facility. There are plenty of activities for the residents to remained entertained. A very pleasant place.

A very nice community, lovely dining room & the building is well maintained. I viewed 3 studio apartments. Like the kitchenette w/ a large sized fridge/freezer. Even the smallest studio had plenty of storage space. Bathroom were roomy w/ a fiberglass walk-in shower. Some rooms are carpeted, some have laminate. All very clean and had a patio or small balcony; a nice surprise! There are 2 health care organizations on site to assist with care giving if needed. They seem to offer many activities, too. Visitor parking was limited.

no complaints

Everything has been just as good as we could ask for at Paradise Springs. I am really pleased with every aspect. It's very clean. The staff is so friendly. I really have no complaints about this facility.

They have been very good.

They have been very good. We haven't really had any issues with response to questions, or maintenance. The staff is friendly. We chose it because it was extremely clean and well managed.

Lovely place. Very bright and airy. Like that the apartments look "out" instead of inside the complex.

It was nice.

My parents lived here for a while. It was nice, but eventually they needed a higher level of care. It was great when they lived here, but after a while it just wasn't the right place anymore.

This place is a JOKE at best. When we first visited they had temporary managers who were FANTASTIC and kind. They showed us around and gave us the run down of the facility. Since then new managers have come in to the facility and they are TERRIBLE to say the least. They are unkind, uncaring and rude. They stay in their office behind closed doors unless it is feeding time.

Meals there are an absolute joke as well. When we first moved in we were told meals could be delivered to their rooms. Although they like them to interact with others they could eat in their rooms. Meals were delivered by another company for FREE and always at a reasonable time. New management took over and now they charge them $5 per meal per day. $15.00 a day or $450 a month to Seniors who live on a fixed income they just charge them more. If you choose to pay and eat in your room you must wait till all dining room resident has been served (mgmt included) and then they serve the rooms. Breakfast usually around 9am instead of the 8:00-8:30 we were told. Lunch is served around 2pm or later instead of the 12:30 time we were told. The ???chef (glorified home cook) doesn't even know how much food to order because they have ran out on several occasions. When dining in the dining room residents can choose the main dish or choose from subs on the back of the menu. Residents in their room get cold left over main dishes with portion sizes not big enough to feed a cat and are not allowed to get subs if they want. Now if I am not mistaken these residents pay rent to live there not ordered by a judge. They are treated like prisoners and then again I think prisoners are treated better.

House keeping is a joke. We had our family member there for 3 months and not 1 time were the sheets EVER changed except by us and sheets we provided. Toilet paper was given maybe 4 times otherwise we provided it our self. We were told they would have their room cleaned once a week. HA not even we vacuumed the room every Saturday when we came to visit.

In short this facility will lie to you and tell you what you want to hear but won't follow thru. When looking up it says as low as $1575 a month well that is on the 3rd floor of the facility.

Was very unhappy there and it was mostly due to the new management they hired and placed in that facility. They are not the type of people who need to be managing a Senior living facility.

Those leaving rave reviews might want to speak to your family member or visit more often to know it is not roses and cream there. I have stayed in hotels who give better service to their paying customers.

Holiday Retirement

I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience at Paradise Springs. Your assessment of the community's management team and meals are particularly troubling, and we definitely want to know more. Can you please call our Resident Relations department at [removed] to discuss details? I appreciate you bringing this to our attention here at Home Office. It's feedback from our residents and their families that make us better, so we look forward to hearing from you.

Katie - Communications - Holiday Retirement Home Office

They are amazing! I was absolutely blown away!

They are amazing! I was absolutely blown away! If I could, I would move into Paradise Springs myself. The price that they are charging and what they are giving the people is just amazing. I look around and ask "what can they possibly do to improve" and I can't come up with anything.

If I had it all to do over again, I'd do the same. If anyone is looking for a place to put their elderly loved ones, Paradise Springs should be their first stop, and will probably be their last.

Everything is going okay, we like the place.

Everything is going okay, we like the place. They have done everything they could, to make our loved one feel comfortable in the transition. The apartment is really nice. The food is pretty good, everything is nice. One reason we chose them was the location, and we just liked the overall setup, it was very eye appealing, the staff was friendly, we just really liked it.

very good team

They have a very good team at Paradise Springs that introduced us to the facility, gave us a tour, and told us what to expect.

One thing where they could improve is their bookkeeping. I recently had to go to their office to sort through some things that were not set up right. We had it set up with automatic withdrawal, yet they recently asked mom for a check.

That is my only beef so far, and they said they are going to rectify everything.

Nice place - terrible food.

I have a close relative staying at Paradise Springs and its a nice place. The big problem seems to be the food which they don't really try and fix. All the residence complain constantly about it. I have eaten there with my relative several times and yes - its pretty bad for the price they pay for this place. I wonder why it has to be such bad food - where do they find such bad chefs?! She doesn't want to leave because she has made friends, but it is a bit sad to spend your later years choking down bland, low quality food. I hear there are some places with better food and I wish we had checked more out as that seems to be essential for older people, to have meals to look forward to.

No healthcare on site at al...

No healthcare on site at all means this is not a good fit for my mom.

Food could be better

The food is apparently an issue right now. No one is happy with the food, so they’re trying to get that fixed right now. The staff seems to be really friendly though and the community is very clean. So far they are okay.

Happy

We’re not currently using any of the care services, but I’ve checked them out and they are pretty good. . I think it’s great. Our loved one is happy there. The food is great. The parking is fine, though we usually have to park and walk.

Really good!

They’re really good! They’re great! They’re very clean! They’re excellent cost for what you get. For all the things they agreed to do – they do what they say they’re going to do. They do a lot of activities. I was really glad I found them. They’re just an awesome place.

We liked the place and signed a contr...

We liked the place and signed a contract. They said they would have to get a key for the front door. They said they would change out the shower head. They did nothing. It was get them signed up and forget everything. Based on this we did not go there. They returned our money. Neither of the counselor called us to see what happened.

Closet space too small. No...

Closet space too small. No stove or microwave.

Positives: Very friendly st...

Positives: Very friendly staff at all levels of employment, very open, light, and bright entrance. Very large, 'Luby's' like dining area with large tables, but not too big, rolling chairs and large wall of windows on one side. Soft piano music playing over speakers during lunch, many participants, all smiling and most talking with each other. Pianist plays at dinner. 24 hour fruit and infused water bar. 3 pm coffee and soup available. Large, grand stairway leading to upper levels, with elevator. Mail room very large, in atrium on first floor with several couches and occasional tables; looking upward through atrium you can see the second & third floors, also open to atrium, and windows at the top letting in lots of light. Lots of green space, lots of benches throughout property, lots of sidewalks, trees and landscaping. Long front porch with many rockers and landscaping. Choice of three menu items at meal times, and special requests available. Can take extra food to room for later. Food passes available for families, private party room available on request, guest suite available to family free of cost for up to a week. shuttles to doctors appts, shopping outings, and trips available. Many activities, extensive library, separate, large media room with several couches and chairs with tables. Pool table room with club-like atmosphere, fresh flowers on tables, bridge games, poker night, and casino nights available. Staff cognizant of health concerns during seasonal outbreaks, taking measures to curtail infection. Weekly house cleaning, hair salon on site. Apartment bright, ceiling fan and shower massager left by last resident. 3 closets, full fridge, 3 pull cords for staff alert. Nice view out window. Can decorate as she wishes. No oven or stove, for us a positive. If staff doesn't see her for more than 12-24 hours, they do a welfare check and come to the door. They have an orientation staff that introduces new resident around. Home health available. Negatives: Apartment one large room, carpet new and clean, but there are stains, windows need replacing, but staff says they are being replaced and will check about carpet replacement. Down in Spring, a little ways away.

One of the reasons we chose them is that she can have her dog.

The staff is wonderful. The food is wonderful. It is difficult for her to get involved with some of the activities, the community makes an effort to get her involved, the staff really tries. They have had a change of staff, upper management and everything since we have been there. Some of the other residents are nice and some are not as nice. One of the reasons we chose them is that she can have her dog.

Deplorable

Absolutely deplorable. It is no paradise. There were so many things. It was probably more assisted living than independent living, which is what they advertise it as. They didn't have any of the facilities in the apartments like a stove or even a microwave. From a safety standpoint, it was a mess. They had a back door going out onto the patio, but it was not a fenced property so anyone could wander in or out, and it was on a very busy road. I felt like a lot of the residents were not happy. The whole thing was depressing.

Ask lots of questions and get everyth...

Ask lots of questions and get everything in writing!!!
Be cautious.

We loved it here.

We loved it here. She complained everyday about the food. The management was in and out of there frequently, but she loved the residents, and the staff was friendly and would come when she called. The activities director was a highlight, she was fun and very loving.

Larger property with 200 or...

Larger property with 200 or so residents. Couples mgr. who live on site.

Really Nice People

It was really nice. My aunt really liked the common areas there. It was a lot more expensive - like $2100 a month for a smaller apartment than where she is now. The staff seemed to be more friendly there so it's a trade off. My aunt is on a fixed income. Otherwise I think she would have chosen Paradise Springs.

A review of Paradise Springs in Sprng Texas by residents of only 60 days!

We had visited Paradise Springs during the first year it was opened and thought what a beautiful property in a beautiful area of Spring Texas. We were considering moving to a senior center because I (the husband) have been diagnosed with Stage IV non small cell lung cancer and only a maximum of two years to live. What was my wife to do with a large house to manage? This seemed like the ideal situation. They staff were extremely friendly and the dinner we were served was well presented and very tasty. Then we decided to wait and here we are six years later and I am doing fine, but why can't we both enjoy complete retirement living. We did not know if we were ready for an apartment situation and the seven cottages with one being available seemed the perfect move. Thus far, after we got the cottage decorated and completely arranged, WE LOVE IT!!!!

Close to Rustic Canyon Trai...

Close to Rustic Canyon Trail - library down the street. No pool. Don't know the cost, but includes three meals/day. Lots of activities.

The apartments looked more ...

The apartments looked more like extended stay hotels and didn't have a full kitchen.

I was very impressed. Art was an exc...

I was very impressed. Art was an excellent rep for Paradise Springs, however discussed with my daughter, the price was too steep for me.

This one was very nice and the staff ...

This one was very nice and the staff was wonderful. The layout was great and the amenities were awesome. We are still looking though.

Excellent Staff that live on site. E...

Excellent Staff that live on site. Excellent facility that is nice and clean. I am very pleased with this location. I like the way they treat their tennants, they are very happy living there. The rooms are very nice and do not have a stove, which I like. All meals are served. The wash rooms are close. The eating facility and food menu's looked very good with many choices.Many social areas. Elevators that are very important.All things considered, This must be a top rated facility & it is close to our home.

Nice; motel-6 like apts; scheduled me...

Nice; motel-6 like apts; scheduled mealtime; shared laundry facility

Wonderful!! Met one of the managers. ...

Wonderful!! Met one of the managers. This is the one for mom.

Really liked this facility. Very nic...

Really liked this facility. Very nice. Might consider at a later date.

Very impressed with the management. ...

Very impressed with the management. Will have to give it a look again if the need arises.

Very nice people, came out to the tru...

Very nice people, came out to the truck to see if I needed any help getting my Father and Grandma in. Took the tour and both of them loved the place.

Located in an affluent suburb of Houston, you’ll enjoy an elegant and peaceful home right next to big city convenience. With shopping, dining and top-notch healthcare just minutes from the front door, residents have plenty of time to explore all of the region’s unique destinations.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind