Arbor Terrace at Kingwood Town Center - Kingwood, TX

I am the daughter of a resident

Our mom has lived at Arbor Terrace for 11 months now and she is so happy. We love going there to spend time with her. It is such a pleasant place to be. We could not be happier. We do not have one negative thing to say!

Beautiful Independent Living

We really liked Arbor Terrace at Kingwood. It was a beautiful and clean community. Our loved one had lived there for four years. The staff was very caring and attentive. They kept us well informed and update of our loved one's activities. They were easy to talk to regarding any questions or concerns that we had regarding her well-being. We had to move her to another community that could take better care of her needs and that had a memory care section in the community.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. It was our pleasure having your mother live with us and we hope that she is doing well in her new home.

My visit

This community offers a lot of nice amenities. The community is newer and looks nice. This community does have smaller rooms than the community we chose. I would recommend taking a look at this community to see if it would work for you or your loved one.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your positive comments. Your feedback is very important to us. If there's anything we can do to improve in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

For the past seven months my 86 year old Mother has been at Arbor Terrace. From the staff to care givers our experience has been wonderful. If you need answers about care, call [Removed]. She is truly an amazing person and she had answers to many of our questions. Being in the need of care and assurances [Removed] were always there. The entire staff is friendly and they truly care about you and your family member.

Tami Cumings

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are thrilled to hear that your mother is doing so well. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

Question of care

This was a nice tour for care .The staff were very friendly and caring to hear our questions on the care that is offered. We liked the menu and the list of activities. the community is clean and maintained. We liked the activities that are offered. We would guest a tour for other families.

Tami Cumings

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We appreciate your feedback.

5 stars all the way

The staff are excellent. They are friendly and they know everyone's name. They offer many activities and the community is beautiful. They have three chefs and the food is fantastic. I liked the ambiance of this community and I would recommend it.

Tami Cumings

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We very much value your feedback. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

Very upscale!

I really liked Arbor Terrace, it is a very nice place, very luxurious.
The community seemed to be a lot more upscale than other places.
The residents there all seemed very happy, but the deciding factor was the company that they have that does the medication reminders. The one that Arbor Terrace uses charged $500 a month. That was a lot for my mother since she only needs it once a day.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us. We actually do offer a reduced rate for medication assistance for residents who only need it once a day. If you would like to contact our Penny, our Executive Director, she would be happy to walk through that with you. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

Forget the Indoor Pool

The pool area is filthy, green slime in the pool, broken equipment. Mold on the back of the doors to the shower area. Pool in desperate need of resurfacing. The rest of the place was fair to good, residents seemed happy and friendly.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we will immediately address these issues with our Maintenance department. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

Tour Went Well

My tour of this community was a good one, everything went well. The staff was nice to my family, and myself. The community was clean, and well maintained. It was a good experience, but there were a few draw backs. This is a nice community, but it wasn't the one for my mother, and her needs.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is extremely important to us and if there's any information you can share that will improve our services, please give us a call.
Tami Cumings - Senior Vice President of Sales

It's good so far...

It still early for me to give my definite thoughts on this community, but so far it's going well. It's a smaller place and my mother has started to make friends during activities and get together. The community is very clean from the common areas down to the baseboards.

Worth taking a look at.

This is a good community for independent senior living. This is a three story building and unfortunately they did not have a first floor apartment available when we toured. Mom needed a little more care than this community could offer.

So far so good!

I've only been here a short time, but so far I'm very satisfied with the service and accommodations at Arbor Terrace. It's a very nice place, the staff is friendly, and I really can't think of anything negative to say about them!

An awesome community!!

The staff are friendly and they treat everyone like family. Dad is enjoying the daily activities. He likes the food and the community is kept clean. I knew this was a great place from the first phone call. This community has a homey feeling and I would recommend it.

Overall Nice Community With Kind People

This is good community, but unfortunately my parents were not ready to live in a retirement community. So they moved back home. I did think this is a lovely community with kind people. They do a good job with keeping the community well-kept and nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and respectful. There are nice activities offered for the residents. The food is good, and the meals are pretty nice. Overall it is great community, and I would recommend it.

Just moving in.

My mother is adjusting to just moving in to the very nice community. The staff has been very helpful for her needs. She is happy with the meals that are offered. Activities are offered to everyone. We would highly recommend this to other families for good care for a loved one.

Think it's great.Very caring staff

Very happy with the community!

The staff are doing a wonderful job caring for my loved one. They are very friendly and easy to work with. I really enjoy the on site home health agency that provides medications and meals. My loved one is enjoying the food. The restaurant has flexible meal times with ranges of times for meals. The Arbor Terrace at Kingwood Town Center has a variety of activities that they offer for the residents to enjoy.

I think it's a real good place.

I think it's a real good place. The building is in good condition, but the front ramp is a little steep. Other than that it's going really good. One of the things that made us choose this was the location, and the fact that they have a fenced community, with security on duty. They also weren't the highest or the lowest priced place, they fell somewhere in the middle.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Arbor Terrace has been a very good one! It's a nice looking place, and my loved one really seems to be enjoying it here! The staff is friendly helpful, and I appreciate that they really stay on top of maintenance issues! I've also heard very good things about the food, they've got a high quality menu with a lot of variety!

It was great. I didn't have any complaints.

It was great. I didn't have any complaints. It was a little inconvenient that they had construction going on while we were there, but overall it was a nice place with no major concerns.

Wonderful place!

I think they do a wonderful job at Arbor Terrace at Kingwood! We initially had my loved one here for a brief respite stay, just to see how she liked the place, and they really went out of their way to win her over. The introduced Mom to some other ladies who live here, and they did a great job showing her around and taking her to activities! Now that Mom has moved in I really appreciate the hard work that each and every staff member puts in. Irene, the concierge, has been an especially big help. If Mom has let her cell phone run out of batteries all I need to do is call Irene and she'll go up and remind Mom to plug it in!

Fantastic staff!

We are very happy that we chose Arbor Terrace, they are doing a fantastic job. The staff here is amazing, and they are what sold me on the place. They are caring, compassionate, and professional. They treat each resident like their own family members, and all of the residents seem happy to be here! My loved one has really shown a lot of improvement since moving in, their physical therapy team does an excellent job! If you do tour the place I wouldn't judge it based on its looks, they are in the middle of some renovations.

Wonderful Place to call Home

I apologize for taking so long to get this up on their website, as I am sure that there are plenty of you in my same situation. Approximately, one month ago, my 80-year-old mom’s neurologist told me that she could no longer live by herself and that she needed to go to assisted living ASAP. As I am sure you can relate, it was very devastating for me to hear this news. After checking various AL facilities and realizing that none of them felt right, I Google’d “Assisted Living in Atascocita” and got an immediate response from Arbor Terrace. The lady that I spoke with Stacey Arceneaux went above and beyond what was expected of her. I could email her questions and did and she would respond immediately. It was really strange because I had never seen the place nor met her in person, but I knew this was where mom was going to call “home.” This all happened on a Wednesday. On Friday, I took mom there to visit and she immediately fell in love with not only the place, but all of the people and all the staff and to me that is PRICELESS.
So, if you find yourself where I was, please give them a chance. Once you get over the initial shock of the size of the room, and you realize that they feed them 3 times a day plus snacks if they’re hungry, you’ll realize the little room is all they need. You will be utterly amazed at how caring and responsive they are to our parents and they do so many wonderful activities throughout the day. Mom will be there 2 weeks this Friday and I have visited unexpected, I have eaten with them unexpected and I talk to her daily and it doesn’t matter morning/noon/night, you get the same response at anytime. Every single time we talk on the phone, she tells me over and over again how thankful she is that I found this place for her and her dog Jax. Said she has never been happier. My email is [removed] and feel free to email me with any questions.

Genuine Caring Staff!

The new management that has come in with the change from Westminster to Arbor Terrace are fantastic. My mom has lived in Arbor Terrace for a year now and in the last month lost her husband. The staff has gone over and beyond in helping my mother with her loss. They show my mom such love and have well exceeded our expectations in assisting her during her transition. The renovations are going slower than anticipated but the end result looks to be well worth the wait. If you want your parent to be in a place where everyone from the waitstaff to the Manager treat them with love and respect, overlook the temporary phase of renovations and consider Arbor Terrace. Stacy, Irene and Penny...you guys are awesome!

Friendly staff and happy residents ! It's almost like an all inclusive resort community for our beloved elders

It's nice, as far as I can tell.

We moved my loved one in here at Arbor Terrace at Kingwood Town Center. It's nice, as far as I can tell. So far it's working out.

Happy Client

Arbor Terrace is an independent living facility, that could be a great place for my love one, but because of the fighting between the HHA i declined! The manager Jackie is rude to the HH workers and is nice to the competition is unprofessional. It should be the family decision who they want to receive care from. To hear her tear up one company and not the other, who needs that headache. Well i moved my loved one to cypresswood and they have a beautiful building and i love the HH service and the nurse, Rhonda is AWESOME!!!

swimming pool, hot tub Inde...

swimming pool, hot tub Independant living one man my age. mostly older.

Home Health Solutions is HORRIBLE

This is for home health solutions, the home health company that gives care at Westminster. I have absolutely no faith in them, as a matter of fact they're also involved with another place and the second I found out about that I crossed it off my list. I wouldn't move her there if it was free. They kept coming over and seeing her after I told her they were fired because they were continuing to bill her medicare and I couldn't get someone else in until they stopped. So finally they stopped and wrote me a letter saying services had been terminated. i was furious with the care they had given her.

Bad experience

This was less money than some other places and she got more bang for the buck but I lost confidence in the staff. The gates never worked, you would get stuck outside and fight and fight to get in. There was nothing but trouble and there were doors that wouldn't lock. My mother in law was complaining of terrible pain and she went to the nursing station to tell them, they contacted me saying they were going to send her to urgent care. The maintenence man, who is not medical staff, took her and dropped her off and left her there doubled over in the lobby. That really got me with the medical staff and the residents themselves would say that Rene is as sweet as a pie when you come in but then it changes dramatically. It is a very religious community and if you aren't religious its a very different place for you.

Now I don't have to worry about mom

We chose it frankly because it had this giant patio on one of the units that noby else particularly wanted and my mother loves her plants and her patio and the price was good for the size of the unit. The patios as big as her apartment and we made it perfect for her. She loves it, I think its the happiest shes been in years, I couldnt be more pleased and now I don't have to worry about her. Their friendliness is one of the best things about the place and the value is excellent; they provide increadible, great care services, a lot more than she needs right now but they're there when she needs it. They have a great doctor that comes once a week so she doesn't have to go out in a car or get a ride, she can just make an appointment to go and see him. When she was living by herself in a regular 55+ apartment I was freaked if I couldn't get her on the phone, now if I can't get her I call them and they go out and find her. She's usually out doing something and talking to poeple, its fabulous.

my first choice at this moment

my first choice at this moment

I like the 'aging in place' model whe...

I like the 'aging in place' model where you can bring in any assistance you need and not get kicked out when you care becomes intensive. Home health and medicare on-site. Doctors visit regularly. Car for appts, not shuttle. Great food. May be more difficult to coordinate if using different Home Health organizations.

I didn't care for the room set ups. I...

I didn't care for the room set ups. I liked the "Safety Checks" that are done 3 times a day. Lots of walking. Multi level facility.

Toured site. This is a Assisted Home...

Toured site. This is a Assisted Home at 1500/month based the needed assistments added 2500/month. Gets 3 meals for base cost.

Arbor Terrace at Kingwood Town Center offers quality, state-of-the-art senior living in Texas' beautiful Kingwood area. We provide the highest quality of Senior Living available. Every Arbor Terrace resident receives unique and personalized care and attention tailored to where they are and what they need most.

Nestled in one of the many charming villages in Kingwood, TX, Arbor Terrace at Kingwood Town Center is one of the city's most resplendent senior living communities. A jewel of a community, Arbor Terrace offers residents the finest living accommodations and exceptional, compassionate care that earns them first-class status.

At Arbor Terrace, residents can sink into the comfort and contentment of quaint village life while enjoying the bustling activities and amenities unique to Kingwood Town Center in Kingwood, Texas.

Known as œthe livable forest, Kingwood is a dream come true for nature lovers and those who desire an elevated style of living and playing. Residents can have it all without sacrificing state-of-the-art care, access to quality health services, and enviable recreation and entertainment options.

Parks and Recreation

Kingwood's expansive woodlands give residents the privilege of enjoying an abundance of diverse activities, many of which take advantage of Kingwood's beautiful natural surroundings.

Kingwood is home to several parks:
- Deer Ridge Park: Residents can enjoy a game of tennis or a leisurely stroll around a charming duck pond.
- East End Park: Ideal for leisurely nature walks, this park features a nature preserve.
- Lake Houston State Park: An almost 5,000-acre park located approximately 10 miles north in New Caney. This is a popular recreation and relaxation destination with something for all ages to appreciate.
- Town Center Park: A hub for holiday festivals and special events all year in proximity to Arbor Terrace.
- River Grove Park: R esidents can enjoy fishing, picnics, spending time near the water, and bird watching.

In addition to visiting any of Kingwood's parks, active seniors will appreciate over 75 miles of the beautiful natural trails, known as The Greenbelt, winding through Kingwood.

Kingwood's vibrant city is alive with a multitude of family- and senior-friendly recreational activities to explore. These activities are located in the city of Kingwood or the surrounding area.

- Bowling: AMF Humble Lanes and Max Bowl are two bowling alleys located in Humble, which is two miles South of Kingwood.

- Golf: Of the many private and public golf courses in Kingwood, Deerwood Clubhouse is only 1.6 miles away from Arbor Terrace. Kingwood Cove Golf Club and Total Golf at Kingwood are two other options.

- Fitness Centers: Although there are many reputable fitness centers and gyms throughout Kingwood, Lake Houston Family YMCA is only 0.5 miles away. This establishment participates in the Silver Sneaker Program and offers an array of classes that cater to seniors.

Shopping and Entertainment

Kingwood's thriving community boasts countless opportunities to meet all your shopping and entertainment needs.

- Malls: Kingwood Commons, Humblewood Shopping Center, and Deerbrook Marketplace.

- Department and Chain Stores: Khol's, Target, Stein Mart, Chico's, Men's Warehouse, Shoe Carnival, and more. Many upscale department stores, such as Macy's and Dillard's, are located in the area malls.

- Specialty Stores: Bed, Bath and Beyond, Rachel's Hallmark, Quilts and Creations, and Michael's are a few that may be of interest to the senior community.

- Drugs Stores: CVS Pharmacy and Walgreens.

- Grocery Stores: Randall's, Kroger, H-E-B, A- 1 Supermarket, and Walmart Neighborhood Market are a few of the many grocery shopping options. Organic and health food stores are also options for the more health conscious.

Kingwood Town Center

Of course, one of the greatest perks of living in Kingwood Town Center is the Town Center! Town Center is the heart of Kingwood's vibrant shopping community and home to a plethora of charming boutiques, restaurants, coffee shops, and other specialty shops right outside your front door.

Kingwood's Town Center Park hosts a myriad of exciting events that are safe and accessible to all ages. These include:
- Farmers Market
- Thursday Market
- Mardi Gras
- Christmas in the Park
- Car Shows
- 4th of July Celebrations

Residents can enjoy visiting the numerous craft and food vendors as well as the delightful array of live entertainment that Town Center Park generously offers.

Religious Facilities

Kingwood also supports a diverse and thriving religious community that accommodates a full range of denominations.

- Kingwood First Baptist Church
- New Life Church
- Holy Comforter Lutheran Church
- Crossway Community Church
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

There are also many community and non-denominational churches nearby.

Transportation Services

Kingwood has many transportation options available to residents, making getting around Kingwood and Houston easy and comfortable.

- Taxi Services: A&M Taxi Cab and Woodlands TownCar are two local options.
- Townsend Park and Ride in Humble.
- Uber and other rideshare services.
- Jeff's Cab and Shuttle Service: This company provides transportation to Houston's Hobby and Bush Airports, Houston Medical Center, train and bus stations, and the Space Station.

Medical Facilities

Residents can rest assured that the community of Kingwood is equipped to meet every need, including providing excellent medical resources.

- Kingwood Medical Center Hospital
- Kingwood Pines Hospital
- Kingwood Urgent Care
- Northeast Minor Emergency Center
- Northeast Medical Center Hospital
- Texas Family Emergency Center

The beautiful community of Kingwood provides the very best quality of life possible for residents who choose to call this city home. A thriving community surrounded by exquisite nature and excellent amenities, Kingwood is a remarkable place to enjoy life.