Brookdale Kingwood - Kingwood, TX

Great home for Dad

We chose this community because the staff was very caring and attentive to dad's needs. Anytime I had any questions or concerns they were addressed. He loved the food there and enjoyed ordering the food. The activities here are amazing like bingo and church services they were teaching him how to play skip-bo he was a social guy. The grounds and inside were well maintained. My dad did pass and all I wanted for him was to be happy and well cared for which Brookdale Kingwood did. I would highly recommend them.

We Needed More Meals

Everybody was nice when I came for a tour. They were professional at answering my questions and showing us around the facility. My parents wanted to keep their king size bed and the bedroom in the apartment was not large enough. They also did not serve 3 meals with the rent price, it had 2 meals included. Overall it was a good tour but they could not meet our needs.

Nurses On Staff Always

This community was nice it offers continuous care which is nice. The community is very nice lovely landscaping very well maintained and clean inside. The staffing we met were very nice and professional.

Not the right fit for our married parents

They did a nice presentation with lunch included. It was a very nice community.They have what they call companion rooms, but it wasn't really true bedrooms. We were looking for something that would be a good fit for our parents with more living space.

Check it out

This seemed like a really nice community when my loved one visited. The people they met were nice. This community does offer some nice amenities. The rooms were a little smaller than what we were looking for.

Too Far But Very Nice

I had a tour with this community and I thought it looked very nice. I did like how the community operates but they were not in our budget.

Loved this place. Everyone looks happy. Spoke with several of the residents and all were so positive about living there. Hope mom will like it when I bring her to check it out.

Becoming More Active

I have to say placing my friend here was a good choice. Since he moved in he is talking more making friends and doing things. They have so much to do like movies night and all sorts of activities for the residents to do and socialize at. They have a variety of different options for living spaces my friend has a private studio apartment with his own bathroom and it fits into his budget. The other communities seemed more pricer and he would have to share a bathroom.
Each time I go to visit I'm welcomed with a smile and friendly staff.

Nice tour

This community was one of our first choices. The person that took us on tour was great. They seem to offer a lot of nice amenities. My loved one just preferred another community. I would recommend taking a look at this community.

Our Pick

All the community does for my dad has been acceptable. The food has enough options and the activities that are planned are fine. His apartment has a kitchen and that is why we picked this community.

Beautiful Community

I have nothing to say but great things to say about this community. It is a beautiful and clean community. It is well-maintained and provides a very warm and homey feeling. The meals were wonderful and the dining rooms were beautiful. There are many activities to choose from and the residents are very friendly. My mom is now in the hospital and won't be returning. I want to thank all of the staff for treating my mom with loving care and kindness.

A tour for care

We toured this community for care. We were happy with meeting the great staff who are very caring. The community is clean and maintained. The menu seemed to be appealing. They do have a lot of nice activities that are offered. We would recommend this community for families to tour.

Respite Was Great

My mom had a great respite experience and we really liked them too. We would use them again for respite. They did a really good for my mom. She liked playing bingo and enjoyed the residents. She has made some friends within that week. The food was good to her. We picked them because it was cheaper and they were a good fit for her.

Our visit

This community offers independent living, assisted living as well as memory care and respite stays. The people we met were nice and the community seemed clean. This community just did not feel like it would work for our loved one.

A quality tour for care

We toured this community for care for my father. They were very nice and the community was clean and maintained. We were offered lunch and were very impressed with the meal. We liked the list of activities that were offered. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

A good community

My sister seems happy to be living at Brookdale. The staff treat her well and she likes some of the food they offer. They offer some daily activities as well as going out to eat once a week and other trips out. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

I would live here

Dad was only at this community for about a week. The staff are excellent and took good care of him. The food was good, healthy and they offer an amazing menu. They assigned someone to visit him and encourage him to integrate with other residents. The community is well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

A positive atmosphere!!

My mother seems to be doing very well, she enjoys it. She still has not taken part in activities, but that is her personal choice. She has started to interact more since she moved in. Everything seems to be going very well, I have not noticed anytging out of place. There have been to a couple of events that we have gone to for example they did something before easter and mothers day. Everything was very well thought out and put together, we have no complaints. Everyone is very nice and the staff is extremely helpful. I have eaten there a couple of time and the food is very good.

Brookdale was clean and the residents seemed happy and alert. The rooms are standard size for AL and fresh fruit was available for the residents. Although I did not see the memory care unit I feel that this may be an option.

Few Draw Backs, But Overall a Nice Facility

This is a nice community, and my tour of it went well. The experience went well. The staff was kind, and courteous. Everyone was very nice to my family, and I. The community was clean, and well maintained. There were a few backs, but overall my tour was nice.

Comfort for dad!

So far, I feel that my father is having a good experience at the Brookdale Kingwood. They are making him feel welcome and at home. I would recommend them to anyone so far because it seems to be a very good place.

Didn't like atmosphere

This community did not smell very good when I toured. I did not get a good feeling based off the first impression of the place.

A good tour!

The Brookdale Kingwood was a good tour, but the place seemed a bit dated. The lobby looked good but as we got to the hallways and rooms, they were not as clean and nice. The tour guide was friendly and answered all of our questions, but it was not the right fit for my mother.

I really like this community really nice people and a very helpful staff.

This community works for us!!

My aunt is doing well living at Brookdale. The restaurant type food is ok I would give it a 4. They keep the community clean and well taken care of. They offer daily activities and I would recommend this community.

Lots of Crafts!!

I am very pleased with my choice to move my loved one into this community, they staff treats her just like family and are always so sweet and kind. My loved one is not able to move around very well so they offer different activities that accommodate her like arts and crafts. I am overall very happy and would defiantly recommend this place.

We had a very thorough an enjoyable tour. The director welcomed us and took the time to find out what our needs and concerns were. We were impressed by all the services that are included, as well as the additional services that can help us downsize and facilitate moving once we are ready.

Good Tour, Pleasant Community

I toured this community for my parents. My tour went pretty well, and this is a nice community. From what I saw everything appeared to be well maintained. Everything was nice and clean. The staff was kind and friendly. It was a good experience, and my tour was nice.

Great Care

I am very happy here at this community. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I am glad that the community is clean and always taken care of. They offer great activities to participation. I would highly recommend this community for great care for the value for others .

Friendly Community!!

The feeling i got when i arrived was more like a business community. The people were nice and attentive. It just didn't give me that home feeling that i really wanted to feel. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and did answer any concerns that i had. I did however like that the place was nicely fixed and organized.

Love it!

We have had a wonderful experience with Brookdale. The staff are so accommodating and friendly. My mother has lived there almost a month and loves it. There are a myriad of activities to participate in, shuttles to take you to and fro, and a community of friends to make you feel welcome and included. We have a smaller one bedroom apartment that has a kitchen just right for her and a spacious bathroom. There are several different plans that you can choose from. Thanks again Brookdale for making her transition go so smoothly.

Really Nice Place!

This is a caring, loving facility where the staff have compassion and patience for each person they take care of.I highly recommend this facility to anyone that is looking for a wonderful place for a loved one with Alzheimer's.

Review of Brookdale Kingwood - Kingwood, TX

This was an OK place but to us we felt it was just a step above a nursing home. Very limited parking and older place and even though nice inside it just didnt suit our needs for our loved one but the tour was great.

Nice

It was a nice property and people were nice. It was not a fit for my sister since she was younger. thought it inadequately staffed

Friendly staff

The staff is friendly and the facility is clean. There have been a few problems with communication, but nothing major. So far things are going pretty well at Brookdale.

need more activities

I think they should have more activities after 5pm.

they've been really sweet

They could improve a little bit on the communication as far as the financial part goes.

Other than that they have been very good. My mother in law has been very happy out there. She really likes the food, enjoys playing dominoes and bingo, and all the people there have been really sweet to her.

Assisted Living Unit at Brookdale Kingwood

I have my Mother at Brookdale Kingwood Assisted Living. The staff is very supportive and caring and the facility is clean and generally well run. The nursing staff is amazing especially Jessica. My only negative is the observation that the dining facility is not professionally run and a cluster. Meal items are often not available and the wait staff although caring and kind are incompetent. They fail to bring essential meal items like silverware, and do not fulfill request for items like this beverages or meal items in a timely fashion.

It's been really great

It's been really great. The people are very friendly. They know my mother by her name already. The staff is really great! They have a lot of activities for the residents.

I visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Cypress woods seemed like a very nice place overall. It was well kept and clean, and the staff I met were friendly and professional. However, it was more expensive than similar options I saw in the area.

Brookdale Kingwood is a very friendly place. We love the staff and residents. They made my mother feel comfortable right away. There is lots to do there. Also, the shuttle to stores and doctors takes the pressure off of family and allows for her independence.

They are so good, I just sing their praises.

They are so good, I just sing their praises. The staff is delightful, and they have turned him around back to his old self. He has adjusted well, and is quite happy and loving it there.

Avoid this place

We had a terrible experience with Brookdale Kingwood, and I would not recommend the facility to anybody. They seem severely understaffed, and while the care staff were all friendly and hardworking people, there simply were not enough of them and the care suffered for it. It seemed like the residents were just left sitting on their own until something went wrong. My loved one was never served a hot meal the entire time he was here. We eventually pulled him out of here, it just was not a good place.

Great my Dad loves it so happy with o...

Great my Dad loves it so happy with our choice.

I don't think he's getting the care that he needs.

I don't think he's getting the care that he needs. It's not run very well. It's not top notch. There are good people there, and there are questionable people there. It's not the worst place, but we were on a time crunch when we found it.

Shawna/ Megan, 28 apts. dog...

Shawna/ Megan, 28 apts. dog interview, great dane, 1 story, pvt. $4900 - $5400., semi 3895. memory wing , outings

Nice place, overall

So far our experience with Brookdale has been a good one. It's a nice looking place, they always keep things looking clean and well kept. All of the staff I've dealt with have been open, friendly, and professional. They've been able to provide adequately for all of the care needs of my loved ones, although we did end up being charged a bit more than they were initially assessed for. But overall we're pleased with the service.

Felt very active and energetic

Felt very active and energetic

Good Value

The assisted living is fairly reasonably priced and the staff seems knowledgeable. My loved one said the food okay. He’s not picky, but he didn’t have any complaints. There is enough parking. We chose it because the property was well maintained, the staff was friendly, and it had a good price.

companion suite only, no li...

companion suite only, no living are

Independant, Assisted and A...

Independant, Assisted and Alzheimers

They have been very friendly, and helpful, and patient.

They have been very friendly, and helpful, and patient. Nursing and Medication Management are an extra charge. They explained everything to us very well. The things they win in Bingo are very practical and rewarding, which is great! They send letters home for families to enjoy some activities for holidays and things. My loved one says the food is good.

It's a great place.

It's a great place. They do more than I do, they even have a weekly theme or music, and they have a social hour. The food is good. There is nothing that needs to be improved. It has assisted living, so if her needs go up she won't have to move.

Transportation could improve, but great community!

For those that are looking I will say that it is in a fantastic spot and it happens to be the most convinient, and my mother in law says she wants to live her and die here; she has a friend here who has to move out and she really doesn't want to because she likes the Terrace so much. There are a few things that I disagree with that could make it better. One is transportation is somewhat of an issue and they don't have a dinner meal. It's not a real complaint, it would just be better if they did. They're limited as to how far they can go and getting in to a vehicle is not always easiest, they are sometimes full. I'm sure the car is going to be very good, she used to complainall the time at the other place she was at but I don't hear her complain about anything other than the car issue.

Food could use work

They were having a promotion with a significant discount for 18 months. It would cost $3,500 and with the discount it cost $2,700. It is located in a residential area and the grounds are very well maintained. Haven’t been impressed with the food just looks very “Blah” does not seem to be at the caliber of comparable communities. They could use more variety and it really looks like cafeteria food. The staff is really attentive and they do their best to be accommodating. Overall it is a very good community and I would recommend it.

Am taking daughter to see this one to...

Am taking daughter to see this one today I like this one and am aupposed to visit again this morning.

Was clean and friendly staff. They ar...

Was clean and friendly staff. They are very proud of their life skills areas. Was very secure. They will not allow us to do only 4 days there.

Horizon Bay comm., it's very nice.Loc...

Horizon Bay comm., it's very nice.Located in Kingwood, interested in more info.

Looked at Independent Living. Was ver...

Looked at Independent Living. Was very very nice. I liked the "check in" button in the rooms. My mom really liked the 2 bedroom. Need to go back and look at the assisted living part. They serve only 2 meals a day and they are breakfast and lunch.

Really liked this facility. Full kit...

Really liked this facility. Full kitchen with small stove and full size refrig. Everyone was very friendly. Almost seemed like we were at a church function with the senior group.

Brookdale Plaza Kingwood provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.