Crystal Pines Health Care Center - Crystal Lake, IL

The Crystal Lake Pines Rehabilitation Center is extremely clean and neat. Everything is in its place and nothing is out of order.
Every single staff member greets you with a big Hello every time they cross your path in the hallways and upon entering the patients rooms. If you need something or have a question, they respond to your needs and wants immediately. Also, the CNA's come around to check on the patients and bring a variety of snacks.
Patients are given a restaurant menu and are able to select their meals, sides and desserts. They have a nice variety of food and drinks.
The Pines offers tons of activities throughout the day to keep the patients busy when not in therapy. The Social Director does a Great job with the selection of entertainment she brings in from therapy animals to big band music. A monthly calendar is posted in each room. The staff members encourage the patients to join in the activities. There are usually 5 or more group events daily.
The rehab nurses are great too! [Name removed], [Name removed] and [Name removed] are very kind, patient, and caring. [Name removed] would stop by just to check in on my mom to talk for a minute or two and see how things were going. They are a great team!
The Pines also has the BEST THERAPISTS! When my mom arrived there, she could not walk, talk and was on a puree diet. The Speech therapist and Occupational therapist worked with her at meal times and got her on a regular diet and talking. The physical therapist got her walking and going up and down stairs.
[Name removed] the Patient Advocate is fantastic too. She is a great listener and gave us so much support and needed information concerning our mother's care and future placement options.
We were so pleased with the care and support our mother received at the Pines.

A hidden gem

My dad needed a home that takes medicaid. I looked at so much that was dreadful. When I was directed here I was so totally grateful, I can't begin to describe it. My dad has Altzheimers, but is with it enough to understand a lot of what is going on, and was very resistant to moving. He loves it here. The staff is so caring. They make every resident feel valued and appreciated. The director [Removed] is phenomenal, and really cares about the facility and its residents. When you go there he manages to pop up ad say hi every single time. Food is good, and aesthetically it is very nice. My dad has made friends and the activities have helped him mentally tremendously. Their physical therapy has also been great. The rooms could be a little updated (they are working on it), and sometimes there is an odor that is not the most pleasant in parts of the halls, but I think that might be hard to avoid. It is very clean otherwise, no complaints. I cannot recommend it strongly enough.

Crystal Pines has potential but could use some work!

The rehabilitation services at Crystal Pines Health Care Center are great. They really helped our loved one regain their strength. The community was close to home and convenient visiting hours. The staff were all very friendly but struggled to communicate clearly. They were not able to address my concerns on multiple occasions. The community was clean but did have some odors down the hall.

Wonderful Tour

My tour of this facility went very well. The woman who gave me the tour was lovely. She was about to leave the office when I showed, but she stayed and gave me a tour. The community looked great, very nice and clean. It was a nice experience, she was very kind and warm to whole time. They offered me coffee and water, and it was a pleasant experience.

This is a neat little place tucked in...

This is a neat little place tucked in the woods near a nice sub division- very quiet, serene. The staff is very friendly, very clean and nice facility- I liked the small size- about 50 people reside here. The rooms are small but the rooms are clean and cozy. Cafe where they serve food is a good size and people looked happy to be there. Very good care here at Crystal Pines. There was 2 courtyards to visit outside and an area to stroll. This place met all the criteria for a well run rehab and nursiing home.

took a tour of the facility. The Dir...

took a tour of the facility. The Director will get back to on if my father may be able to qualify for some medicare rehab. There were issues in processing the paperwork, but he was insturmental in getting father moved in and making the facility work out for us!

Crystal Pines is a local favorite, with many of our patients returning to our Lotus Neighborhood for their short term rehab needs over time. We also provide traditional long term care to those needing care and support in their every day living. Residents and short term patients enjoy full spa services and amenities, along with full and robust activities and wellness programming. Crystal Pines has developed several specialty programs, including an all encompassing Cardiac Care program. Please visit or call; we're happy to help.