The Stratford - High Point, NC

Great facility. Clean, well maintained.

Holiday Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

A beautiful community

Mom has said she is starting to like this community more each day. She is starting to make friends and get involved in a few of the daily activities. The staff are great and encouraging. The food is good. This community is close to family. It feels like you are living on a cruise ship as you have everything you need. I would recommend this community.

This is a very nice place, although designed more for independent, rather than assisted living. That being said, many services can be obtained through home health agencies, which they graciously shared companies they use, and is generally convered by personal insurance. This is a great option for those not needing services like medical dispensing, help getting to dining hall, or toileting assistance.

Profits over human caring

This independent senior living facility has recently discontinued having an able-bodied adult or even a security guard on the premises after early evening and overnight. The "corporate story" is that the approximately 115 residents in their 80's 90's and over 100 will be safer because they now have alarms that they wear around their necks (already reported as uncomfortable and annoying) that also have to be charged daily in an age group that is not technically savvy. Incidentally the alarm system was not given out until after the managers were already sent to new apartments outside the facility. No manager lives on site any more. The police and fire fighters will be contacted directly for any problem overnight. I imagine High Point public servants have busy schedules without becoming night supervisors at a senior living facility. These residents have a high incidence of hearing or visual impairment and many are on walkers or wheelchairs. A fire or flood or intruder could create a disaster I wouldn't wish on anyone. Even unoccupied office buildings have overnight security guards. They also let the chefs go in favor or pre-prepared meals and reduced the activities director to half time. She is now answering phones during activities. Sounds like profit over decency. Which is predictable with their 6% rent increase in the midst of all this.

Holiday Retirement

Hello there! Thank you so much for sharing this with us; we truly appreciate you taking the time to reach out and provide us this honest feedback. My name is Katie, and I work for Holiday in our home office. I'd love the opportunity to chat with you and discuss the concerns you have - we truly do have our residents safety and best interests in mind with these changes, and want to do everything we can to make sure we are fully articulating how this will better serve and benefit our residents. If you can, please give our Resident Relations line a call at [removed] - I really hope to hear from you so we can work together constructively in addressing the concerns you raise in your review. We hope to hear from you soon - thank you so much

It has been wonderful so far for my mother

It has been wonderful so far for my mother. The Stratford is excellent. The facility is always very clean. They offer a variety of activities to keep the residents busy and entertained. The value is excellent for what you get here. The staff is very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. They do an excellent job at caring for my mother. I would recommend this community to anyone. It's an excellent place.

Ok facility - but smoking is allowed in some rooms.

Review of The Stratford Independent Living in High Point, NC

Disappointed in facility. Place is only 7 years old but the wear and tear was apparent. People allowed to smoke in their rooms. Rooms seemed dated.

They keep it very clean.

They keep it very clean. We haven't had any complaints about the staff, but I haven't really had contact with them. I am there after hours, they are on-site and on call, if I buzz them they would come down. They have plenty of activities. They do three meals a day, and she likes the food. So far there isn't anything that we would like to see done better or improved. We liked the location of the Stratford when we were looking around.

I would highly recommend using A Place For Mom

We moved Mom into the The Stratford on July 4th. She's very happy with her apartment and already anxious to return "home" if she goes out. She seems to be adjusting very well. The staff and other residents are friendy, helpful and very welcoming. She said she slept well even the first night there. We are expecting to see positive changes in her health and mental state. A Place for Mom provided such fast and expansive information with options for services we needed. I would highly recommend them; it's a great organization and provides support not otherwise available. The personal care representative assigned to us was fabulous. I couldn't have asked for anyone more helpful and supportive.

No longer was an independent facility

When my mother first moved in in 2006, it was very good. I would say the last 2 years here were not good. They are not a licensed care facility at all but they were renting to people in various stages of Alzheimer's and different kinds of dementia and most of them really needed a lot of help. It was not a big facility and these poor people couldn't remember how to get back to their apartments or how to get to the dining room so it got to the point where folks like my mother, who were still very active, there were no activities for them. I can't say it's true for all of the Holiday/Stratford facilities but I wouldn't recommend them at all.

Great for somebody living alone

It's great, I'm very happy there. The stratford ahs been meeting my needs fine, I really can't say any more than it has everything I need, they let me alone if I want to be alone, if I want to do something they have activities, the foods good and it's exactly what I needed and good for somebody that lives alone. The offer is always out there for people to come and stay for a couple of nights, try the food, and that's really the only way you can compare it to the other living communities out there. I went to this one first with the intent of going to others, they just offered everything I needed and I didn't need to look any furthur.

Very friendly

We only toured The Stratford, but really liked it and thought the staff was very friendly. Sylvia Lee spent a lot of time with my loved one making sure to find just the right apartment for her needs. The only reason we chose the Carolina House over the Stratford, was the location, The Stratford was further than family. It was a little expensive, they were offering a special which is the only way we could have afforded here. The Stratford and the Carolina House feel like the exact same building when you step inside just different paint colors. It is not quite as new it's about ten years old and the Carolina House is only about 3. They had floral arrangements throughout the place. I would recommend checking out The Stratford.

Second choice. Property showing its ...

Second choice. Property showing its age slightly and the location is a little busy/loud.

Very nice facility! Comparable to Car...

Very nice facility! Comparable to Carolina Estates. Had a very nice lunch. Food was delicious.

This is my favorite independent site ...

This is my favorite independent site so far. If we were to determine that we did want to relocate Mom and Dad, this would be my first choice. Although there was little difference in the features of the other locations...there was just something about the residents and all the activity I observed going on. It was by far the most active of the 3 I'd seen. The 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans were very spacious. The fencing around the entire facility was a nice security feature. The outdoor patio/balconies make the units very attractive from the inside and outside. Again this facility will only be considered if they decide to relocate togehter.

Situated in a quiet, residential community on beautiful landscaped grounds in North High Point, you’ll love coming home to The Stratford. We’re close to exciting shops, top-rated healthcare, golfing and a community rich in history and culture.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind