Exceptional Place and People

My family toured Coventry Place for my Dad. The Director of Sales and Marketing- [name removed], Director of Nursing-[name removed] and other staff were amazing, personable, professional and welcoming. The community spaces are nice, and comfortable with lots of light. The outdoor area was spacious and peaceful. The apartments were extremely large, clean and well appointed. I have toured other facilities and the square footage of the resident's apartments do no compare! Everyone that we met was extremely friendly and took the time to chat with us and learn about our loved one. After the tour, [name removed] came out to visit my dad several times to bring him lunch from the facility. He loved the meals and said they were delicious! Thank you very much, [name removed]! Coventry place is a special place with exceptional people. They have a great location in an upward developing area in Decatur, close to plenty of shopping, restaurants, and medical centers. I would highly recommend Coventry Place as a consideration for your loved one.

Michael Cress

Thank you so much for your time and feedback! We are so happy that your experience was “exceptional”!

Great Customer Service - LOVE NANCY!!!

I have been in the market looking for a place for my dad for a while now. We had the great pleasure of meeting [name removed] at Coventry Place. All I can say is WOW! [Name removed] did not know that my dad was having reservations about this transition. The love and care that she showed me and him put his mind at ease. The apartment we looked was PERFECT! It looked and smelled good. Cleanliness is extremely important to us and it was one of the top things on my list and they did not disappoint. By the time we were done; my dad asked me when he could move in. I was so happy as we had looked at several over the course of 2 months. [Name removed]; I want to personally thank you for the love, and care you showed my dad. It is very clear that you have a passion for people and what you do. We will definitely be moving here and will tell all my friends about this place.

Michael Cress

Jane, thank you so much for your time and the positive feedback. It was also a pleasure meeting you! I am so thrilled we were able to assist in finding the perfect home for your Dad. He is part of the Coventry family now!

I do not recommend Coventry Place

My father lived at Coventry for 2 1/2 years before he passed in his room. He had been sick and going down hill for a few months. The day he passed not one person from the management staff expressed any condolences. It is just about the money for them. There was a large turnover in the caretakers because they were stretched too thin and often asked to clean rooms because there was no cleaning staff.

Michael Cress

Beverly, the staff is very disappointed that you said you did not receive any condolences with the passing of your father. All families are certainly our priority. Any time a family member passes, the staff is in touch. There are also memorial services planned within the building so that staff, residents and family may spend time together grieving the loss.

Coventry Place prides itself on being an affordable option for full-service retirement living. The personal care election allows residents with needs for assistance with daily living activities to remain as independent as possible while maintaining respect, privacy and the ability to participate in as many social activities as desired.

This community is proudly family owned for 30 years. There are several employees that have been with the community since its opening. They take pride in their work family. The position of a personal caregiver includes maintaining all aspects of the residents needs from bathing, dressing, help making the bed, taking out the trash as well other housekeeping duties as needed.

We invite you to have a personal meeting to discuss your concerns. Please call our office, [removed], to schedule a time to speak with us. We also need to reiterate that we do express sincere condolences for the loss of your father.

Not a good fit

Toured last week. Coventry Place is right on a two busy roads.
the rooms are small and their is no grass to walk on. It also is a high rise and what if a fire happens. Not a good choice for me my mom likes to garden and walk on paths. they do not offer this.

Michael Cress

Thank you for your feedback. We do wish you the best in your search for your mom. We understand that all communities are unique in their own way.

We hope there was confusion in comparing us with another in the area.

Yes, we are an older midrise community in busy Decatur, Georgia. We are located 1.8 miles from downtown with all of its fun offerings. Our community also has a garden with some green space which one would not see driving by.

The majority of the floor plans are a spacious 728 square feet. The kitchens are fully equipped. The rooms are spacious, and all apartments have abundant closet space.

We do invite you to call us for another tour, and respectfully request the opportunity to respond to any other questions or concerns that you may have. The staff would have been happy to answer the concern of fire safety as the property also holds six fire and emergency evacuation drills annually.

Please email us at [removed] or call us at [removed] for additional assistance.

DO NOT GO

I visited this community first and the staff was not friendly. The community smelled and its very old.

Michael Cress

Yes, we are an older midrise community in Decatur, Georgia. The community is proudly family owned for 30 years, and the completion of the first phase of a renovation of the building reflects elegance and charm. There are several employees that have been with the community since its opening. They take pride in their work family and are very concerned with your comments.

Please email us at [removed] or call us at [removed] so we may have the opportunity to discuss this.

Great place, very friendly staff and nice cozy rooms. Plenty to do and transportation available. Suggestions are welcomed by staff as well.

Michael Cress

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We appreciate it very much!

I did visit! Seems to have all of the typical activities and most amenities. People were very friendly. Apartments somewhat small; the facilities were old but reasonably maintained; the location of the facility was quited congested.

Very nice place

Toured Coventry place it is such a nice place very clean and an at home feeling.the staff was great faculty was more than I expected large rooms a lot for the elderly to do for activities. I definitely recommend this place for a loved one

Wonderful

Visit Coventry place dectuar ga it's a wonderful place staff was great faculty was very clean I was greeted with smiles from everyone this is diffently a place for my mom

Review for Coventry Place - Decatur, GA

The first anniversary of our Mother’s passing will be in a few weeks. At this time it is important to extend a word of thanks to the Caregivers and staff of Coventry Place – and to “A Place For Mom” for the initial referral. Our Mother, [removed], spent her last year in Decatur, Georgia at Coventry place and she could not have had a more loving and supportive environment, we are so grateful.
At Covington Place, we were never concerned about Mom having enough to do or to eat – and we enjoyed several happy meals with her and other residents in the dining room. She enjoyed watching TV with others and loved getting her hair done every week. And then when Mom was confused, her Caregivers were always so consistent and very helpful. They were lovingly responsive to her needs and made sure to communicate any specific concerns promptly to my siblings and myself.
We are very grateful that we found Covington Place out of all the options. I would have no reservation in recommending them to someone looking for Assisted Living Care in the Atlanta area.
Sincerely, [removed] – Atlanta, GA [removed]

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things had went during my tour of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to my appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked that they had a great activity list as well as a spacious dinning room. It was just not the right location for my husband and I in the end decision.

Horrible

Approximately one week ago I came to visit my loved one at Coventry Place. During my visit, my aunt said that she was not feeling well. At approximately 11:00 am I found medications in a cup that had been left in her room by a care giver. This is not the first time that this has happened. In fact there have been times when her medications have been given very late. I am a registered nurse and I know that medications should never be left with a patient because it is very unsafe as well as against the law. I later searched for a manager and was told by an older women ( [Removed]) at the front desk, who is always rude and nasty, that the director was cleaning rooms because they had no house keepers, which explains why my aunts room was dirty with and had foul odor. I am now contemplating filing a complaint with the state. Coventry Place is [Removed]. It is cockroach infested. They may be a cheaper option at the expense of incompetent care. Had we known better, we would not have chosen Coventry Place.

Michael Cress

My name is Michael Cress and I'm the Executive Director at Coventry Place. Our view is this review is 100% bogus. This is either about the wrong community, is written by a competitor or is from a terminated employee. Allow me to point out the errors. 1) If medications were found in a room, that caregiver would be terminated immediately. 2) It's stated this wasn't the first time, nothing of the kind was reported to myself or staff. 3) We keep immaculate records of medications, we'd catch medications given late immediately and rectify the issue. 4) The only older women I ever have working at my front desk has been with Coventry for 27 years. I wouldn't allow ANYONE to be nasty and rude, that's not our culture and put our residents (and family) first. We're in the caring business and we're excellent at that. It all starts with respect. I am the Director and can assure anyone I wasn't cleaning rooms, not that I'm above it- I just have excellent and caring housekeepers. Dirty and foul odors? We don't operate that way. Cockroach infested? Completely false. We pay a small fortune to have excellent exterminators. Complaints about anything remotely close to these claims? Needless to say that never happened. I'm highly offended by this review which is intentionally attempting to spread misinformation. It's little wonder this individual didn't want their name on this review. You will find Coventry Place to be a warm, loving environment with excellent energy you feel as soon as you walk through the door. Please don't hesitate to call me directly if you have any questions or comments.

It was a nice tour

The staff gave a wonderful tour of the community. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. The community was very nice but it just did not seem to fit the needs of my Aunt.

Nice place

I toured this community for care for my parents. The staff were nice and friendly and I was happy with how well the building is kept clean. They do lots of activities and the residents there seem to love them. I would recommend this community.

Coventry Place

I visited Coventry Place today looking for a place for my mom. What a wonderful place. The staff was friendly, and the residents were very happy. Lots of activities.

Nice place

I would recommend Coventry Place to my friends and family. Nice outgoing staff. The residents seemed very happy.

Ok if it is within your budget

This community did not seem as nice as other communities we looked at. This is a less expensive community and might be ok if this is all you can afford. The community did not seem active and the residents looked sad. The residents all seemed to eat meals together. I would recommend talking to some of the residents when you tour a community to see how they feel about living there.

We are trying out Coventry Place for respite care. So far, okay but I have noticed the caregivers do not assist with bathing. I have talked to them but the last few visits [Removed] had not had a shower and her hair was dirty, so I had to bathe her myself. Not sure if she will be staying permanently

Michael Cress

Our Caregivers assist with bathing and all other ADL's as noted according to their Physician's notations, requests of the family and Plan of Care. We have reviewed this specific situation and discussed the details and needs directly with the family and have confirmed that their loved one is receiving baths with the assistance of our caregivers in accordance with the regular prescribed schedule. We make every effort to resolve concerns in an efficient manner with a resident's friends and family as soon as they are brought to our attention as our residents healthcare and needs for comfortable, safe, enjoyable living is our primary concern.

Good choice

We were very nervous about the transition and wanted to make sure it would be a good fit before making the move. The staff were very accommodating. They allowed us to visit daily at different times for over a month. We were shown different apartments and interviewed several residents before making a decision. All of the residents gave glowing reviews. The main thing that influenced the decision was how staff interacts with the residents. There is a true concern and caring evident in the interactions. Also, the price was within our limited budget. Coventry is not a luxury facility, but the apartments are nice and the common areas are very pleasant.
My family member loves her apartment and enjoys the activities. They have been to the aquarium and were taken on a Christmas light tour over the holidays. The have regular outings to dinner at local restaurants and have a morning exercise class.
The location is very convenient to Dekalb medical too.

Simply amazing

My mother is a resident of the personal care floor. She has been living there for approximately 6 months and she's so happy. Her care givers are very attentive, kind and loving. The building is beautiful and very clean with marbled floors and stained glass in the entry area. The staff is conveniently located near the entrance so that the residents are easily seen. The management team is Awesome! They are responsive to our needs. They even have a Nurse Practitioner on site to handle the medical needs of the residents. The grounds are well maintained and clean. They have lots of activities, a hair salon and a staff member that does manicures once per month. My mom loves it at Coventry place and I love it too! I know that I don't have to worry about my mom because she is so well taken care of. We have had a good experience here since the very beginning. I highly recommend Coventry Place, They're AMAZING!!

Toured Coventry Place last week .. Apartments are very nice love the walk in closets . Staff was very peasant great personalities. Will consider Coventry Place when making our final decision....

The size of the apartment is fantastic as well as having a nice-sized kitchen. The down side was the smell of cigarette smoke in the lobby. The hallways do not smell like smoke and I liked the apartment very much for the value. We haven't decided where we will place my father yet.

Place liked like a nursing home. Residents seemed like they needed nursing care an were hanging in the possible lobby area.
Nurses AIDS were seemingly on break in the lobby area as well. When u entered it had a front area which looked like a nurses station. I would like I was in a Nursing Home not Independent living!! I left without talking to anyone.

Coventry Place is a great fit for my Mom

My mother was ready to move out of her home of 48 years and needed extra help every day. I called A Place for Mom and explained her needs and they suggested several locations for me to tour. I visited 3 and Coventry Place stood out as the best for my mother. It just felt right, in addition to having everything we were looking for: allowing pets, being close to my house, offering different levels of care in one facility, welcoming staff and residents, activities, large apartment, and a very reasonable price. Mom liked it immediately when she visited and ha lived there for 2 months so far. She is happy and safe there and feels she can be independent while having help available if she needs it. Being around other people every day has also been a big plus!

Review of Coventry Place - Decatur, GA

Older facility opened to 87. Family owned operated. Met with Mom of owner then owner later. Not kept up needing painting. Courtyard had beer cans strewn on ground 1 table. Owner tried to downplay It. Residents seemed content. 5 floor facility. Only saw 1st floor with sample apt needing grab bars in bathroom. Only one in shower. Why not show other floors. Owner lives on site. Have respite space. Good pricing but too shabby for me

Don't let the outside appearance sway you from going inside.

Coventry Place is really a great place but you probably wouldn't think so from the outside. When you walk in the people are so nice and friendly and the residents seem to really like it there. My mother in law is legally blind and what i really appreciated is that the lady over the library offered to get her books on tapes! I am confident that this is the perfect match and I couldn't be more thankful that my Advisor (Sharon [removed]) made it so easy for me to find a a place!

Review of Coventry Place - Decatur, GA

This is the friendliest place I have visited in my search for Mom! Both staff and tenants are lovely. I like the fact that this is a family owned business and not part of a for-profit corporation. The outside of the building is pretty utilitarian but the lobby is warm and inviting. The one bedroom units are good sized and have full kitchens. The prices are incredibly reasonable as well.

Thanks to A Place for Mom, our Mom is in her new home!

Sharon, my "A Place for Mom" rep, gave me 3 or 4 Personal Care Facilities to visit and suggested I narrow it down to 1 or 2 places before getting Mom (92) involved in the decision. That was great advice. My sisters and I and Mom all agreed on Coventry Place. The apartment is a spacious 3 rooms and we were able to take lots of Mom's own "things" to make her feel at home. The staff is so wonderful and Mom is loving the attention. Coventry Place is an older facility with low key activities that suit Mom so much better than a newer energetic facility would have been. The price is inclusive for all the issues we needed addressed for Mom. Several of the other facilities were plus this and plus that and Coventry Place is a better value. We appreciate Sharon's expert advice!

Great value with great, caring staff and residents!

My dad is staying at Coventry place; either for now or long term. From our first visit, my Dad decided he liked the people and everyone was super friendly and helpful. We were also invited to eat dinner on our first visit to sample the fare.

He likes his large one bedroom apt and is spacious enough that it doesn't trigger his claustrophobia. Some other places were more expensive but only had small rooms / studios for the same cost (or higher). Yikes!

The meals are adequate; the staff very attentive and involved and I feel peace knowing he is being looked after in a healthy environment that promotes social interaction and offers activities and outings as well as transportation for my dad to his appointments and shopping too!

There is also a medical building down the block that offers an indoor pool and gym. He is also in the city and has plenty of take out options that deliver right to his apartment door and his newspaper is delivered to his door everyday.

Poor management

My dad lived at Coventry several years and watched the facility go downhill. It is dirty and poorly maintained. Management does not give the respect to the residents that they deserve and pay for. On 2 separate occasions we reported a ceiling leak and it took several days for the leaks to stop. I moved furniture, placed plastic and buckets. At no time did management ever apologize, offer to move furniture, or even clean up. For months the main dining room ceiling has missing ceiling tiles exposing AC components above resident's heads, tables and food. Although only one floor allows smoking in rooms, the odor in halls and common places is strong. Smokers are allowed to smoke next to all exterior doors so as you leave and enter you must walk through their smoke. The grounds are strewn with hundreds of cigarette butts occasionally discarded used rubber gloves that lie by exterior doors and in bushes for days. For years residents had assigned parking places but management covered designations without notice. My father's apartment was entered without notice. The AC unit was removed without notice. There was evidence that closets and bathroom were entered. Tools and AC parts were left where the work was done - on an expensive oriental rug. I complained about all these things but conditions did not improve. We have moved.

Didn't appear organized; tour guide off-putting, almost rude. Neither tour guide nor office mgr introduced themsves. No enthusiasm, didn't see any effort being made to assist residents, lead them through activities; residents did not look well cared for. Large rooms for residents. Nice outdoor patios. Only a couple parking spaces for visitors.

A Welcome Change

Transferred my mom to Coventry Place after a bad previous experience with a private care home and am very pleased that we did. The administrative staff is very accommodating, and it is a very safe and nurturing environment for seniors.

There is caring people who work there

"A Place For Mom" was helpful. The Coventry Place is an older facility. However, what I did notice was the atmosphere. The people there seemed to be talking and enjoying each other, which was the reason I had my daughter go and look at it. I think there is caring people that work there. My daughter has appreciated the women helping my loved one. My loved one likes the apartment because it felt more like home. It is also affordable.

Five Stars

Great atmosphere and community. I am happy with them and the staff and she is too. The facility is really clean and very home like feeling. The food is okay not to bad. It is expensive but its what you get and think most facility are going to be a little on the high side. I don't have any complaints at the moment.

Greatly looking forward to moving there. My impression is of nice place run by warm and honest people with the resideont's well-being uppermost in their minds and hearts. Prices very attractive, too,especially coming from Sunrise, which is the cash nexus incarnate, which is kind of a hoot since the plumbing, among other things, is pretty wretched.

Proceed with caution for assisted living

Our mother had a very difficult two months at Coventry from November 2013-January 2014. While the activity/dining teams were quite nice and fellow residents friendly and active, the assisted living care was substandard. There were incorrect meds administered on several occasions, poor communication across shifts, and general lack of accountability fixing various problems. Our many complaints eventually led to several staff and management changes and the Executive Director says they are now working to address these issues.

Hopefully this will lead to better conditions, but I would ask many questions, demand to see written care/meds/communication protocols, inquire about previous complaints and what is specifically being done to improve the facility. Coventry seemed like an affordable alternative compared to other assisted living facilities, but it cost our mom and family much peace of mind. While it may provide a reasonable option for independent living, proceed with caution if you or a loved one need personal care.

Too large

When we first moved her there it was a 4.5 for her needs, when we moved her out it was a 1.5-2. She was one of many many, she was not getting watched, and she was increadibly lonely. The whole set up, where each resident is in their own apartment left her alone much of the time, she spent hours and hours a day alone. She was going downhill with Alzheimers and it wasn't safe for her to be in that kind of environment. The largeness was impacting how much attention she could get so they were having problems with her because she was trying to leave and she would get out. They wouldn't know she had left until someone found her outside. It was partly due to understaffing, partly the caregiver to patient ratio, partly because of the private apartments and they couldn't go in and check on them. I don't think they're upper levels really provide the level of care that these people need.