We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Nurse on Call
- Dentist Available
About Sunrise of Decatur - Decatur, GA
In elegant, residential environments, we deliver the finest in senior care, and are recognized internationally for both quality and innovation. Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise affords families peace-of-mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized assisted living services. From assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing to medication monitoring, Sunrise provides residents with the help they need. Residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. At Sunrise, we encourage residents to challenge themselves while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings to community events. This innovative approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.
As part of metropolitan Atlanta, the 21,957 residents of Decatur, Georgia have earned a national reputation for being progressive while maintaining a small town ambiance. With a median income of $77,202, this Dekalb County haven boasts a 56 percent population having earned at least a bachelor's degree. This makes the city one of the highest educated in the metro Atlanta area.
The city is named for naval hero Stephen Decatur, who commanded several ships during the US tensions with Great Britain that led to the War of 1812. In the early 20th century, Decatur sprouted many garden suburbs, named so because the houses were on very large lots that sat back from the street.
The New York Times has called Decatur ""Atlanta's gastronomic equivalent of Berkeley or Brooklyn."" The city's arts and eclectic shops build on that reputation. With easy access to Atlanta's public transportation system and many annual festivals, colleges, and public art, Decatur is rewarding for seniors.
- Walkability: 56 walk score, meaning many errands can be done on foot, especially downtown, along Sycamore, and in Adair Park.
- Average Age in Decatur: 35.5
- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the 30030 Zip Code : 4
- Average Weather: Decatur can get as cold as 10 degrees Fahrenheit in winter and as hot as 102 degrees in summer months.
- Veteran's Facilities: Atlanta VA Medical Center, Atlanta VA Clinic, VA Atlanta Regional Benefit Office
About 6.1 percent of Decatur residents take public transportation to work, compared to 6.3 percent who carpool and 4.2 percent who walk. An impressive 10 percent work from home.
- Buses and Public Transit Rail: Seniors can qualify for a reduced fare BREEZE card on the MARTA public transit system by visiting the 5 Points Rail Station or MARTA headquarters building at 2424 Piedmont Rd, NE. There are three Decatur stops on the MARTA rail: Decatur, Avondale, and East Lake. Here are the Decatur bus routes:
- 2 Ponce de Leon Ave/Decatur
- 15 Candler Rd/South DeKalb
- 19 Clairmont Road
- 123 N. DeKalb Mall/Belvedere
- Commercial Trains : Amtrak
- Taxis: Decatur Taxi Service, Atlanta Taxi Link, Decatur & Tucker's Taxi Cab Service
- Ride Shares: Georgia Ride Share, vride.com, RideGuru
Health and Safety
Decatur is safer than 48 percent of other US cities. Your chances of becoming a victim of a violent crime is 1 in 813 for this city, compared with 1 in 264 for the state of Georgia. Property crime likelihood is much greater in Decatur with a 1 in 30 chance for each person.
- Hospitals in the Area: Emory University Hospital, Dekalb Medical Long Term Acute Care
- Crime Rate: 15, which is 11 percent lower than the national average.
Sports and Leisure
Decatur's Active Living Division gives residents full access to recreational programming, aquatics, and themed walking tours. Professional sports enthusiasts may never run out of activities, since Atlanta is home to five franchises: Atlanta Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Dream, and newcomers United FC (soccer). There are more low-key activities in Decatur.
- Golf Courses: Northwood Country Club, East Lake Golf Club, Charlie Yates Golf Course, Druid Hills Golf Club
- Tennis Courts/Clubs: Glenlake Tennis Center, Dekalb Tennis Center, Sharon Lester Tennis Center
- Gyms: Snap Fitness, Pinnacle Fitness, LA Fitness, Anytime Fitness, Planet Fitness
Shopping and Entertainment
Decatur's proximity to Atlanta makes its entertainment options almost endless. However, staying local has a lot of pleasant surprises, too. A robust downtown and a vast array of eclectic shops make it easy to do something close to home. The restaurants and festivals here helped the town earn its reputation as one of the South's ""tastiest towns.""
- Clothes Shopping Nearby: Tres Jolie, Boutique Karma, Squash Blossom Boutique, Rainbow, Boogaloos Boutique, Wild Seed, Ariel la Boutique, D&K Suit City, Infashion Menswear Outlet, Value Village
- Grocery Stores: Decatur Station Food Market, Dekalb Farmers Market, Kroger, Shield's Produce and Grocery, Oakhurst Market, Cherians International Grocery, Patel Brothers, First Oriental Market
- Number of Luby's Nearby: There are three Luby's Cafeterias to the northwest of Atlanta in Marietta, Alpharetta and Kennesaw. Getting to any of these locations will require about a 27- to 38-mile drive.
- Other Restaurants: Leon's Full Service, The Pinewood, Cakes & Ale, Cooking Up a Storm, Taqueria del Sol, Sweet Melissa's, Kale Me Crazy, Thumbs Up Diner, Wahoo! Grill, Victory Sandwich Bar, Souper Jenny, Revival, Java Monkey
- Movie Theaters: AMC Classic North Dekalb Mall, South Dekalb Stadium 12, Starlight Drive-in Theatre and Flea Market (about 8 miles southwest, in Atlanta)
- Libraries: Three branches of the Dekalb County Public Library, Decatur, Scott Chandler, and Wesley Chapel - William C. Brown
- Senior-friendly Salons: Salon Lotus, Steve Hightower Hair Salon & Day Spa (features oncology massages as part of its cancer care offering), A Natural Buzz, Maxim Barbers, Emory Haircutters Barber Shop, Chuck Simon's Barber Shop
- Attractions: Fernbank Museum of Natural History, Michael C. Carlos Museum (at Emory University), Olmstead Linear Park, Callenwolde Fine Arts Center, Elwyn John Wildlife Sanctuary, Dekalb History Center Museum, Waffle House Museum (Avondale Estates), Kudzu Antiques, Decatur Arts Festival, Homegrown Decatur, Eddie's Attic
About 48.44 percent of the people in the Atlanta metro area consider themselves religious. Christianity is the predominant practice at 11.59 percent, with 9.82 percent being professing Catholic. Practicing Muslims make up the next closest number at 1.88 percent. The Jewish population in the Atlanta area is at 1 percent, Eastern faiths at 1.01 percent and Latter Day Saints at .4 percent.
- Faith and Worship Centers near Decatur: Decatur First United Methodist Church, First Baptist Church, Decatur Presbyterian Church, Oakhurst Baptist Church, Resonate Church, Wesley Chapel, St. Thomas More Catholic Church, Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Congregation Bet Haverim, Congregation Shearith Israel, and the Atlanta Masjid of Al-Islam.