Villa Toscana at Cypress Woods - Houston, TX

Villa Toscana is a 120 bed resort style skilled nursing and rehabilitation community which offers both short term rehab stays as well as long term care. Services and amenities offered include, 52 private suites and 34 semi private suites. All resident accomodations have satelite televison; in room telephone,and wi-fi acess. All accomodations have a private bath/shower. Caring Physical, Occupational and Speech therapists provide comprehensive rehabilitation treatments designed to restore or maximize their level of independence. A Therapeutic Transitional Apartment is available for patients to utilize with staff supervision to ensure that they are safe to return home. Our Lifeworks Senior Wellness program is tailored to meet the individual wellness needs of each patient and features Cognitive and Music Therapy. Our unique Dining Your Way program features restaurant-style dining; extended meal times, selective menus featuring fresh and nutritious meals and an enhanced snack service. Beauty/barber salon on site. Villa Toscana also utilizes a Nurse Practitioner program to provide a higher level of clinical care management. Some of Northwest Houstons' finest Physicians serve as Medical Director and Attending Physicians.

I have been trying to get through on the phone with you guy s and it just kept ringing from 750p to 840p!! Thats crazy what kind of rehab are you guys that wont answer the phone when i needed to tell him something very important also he is 80years old and this was his first night! very disappointing.

A better Villa

I don't know why some of you wrote about your experience as negative. My first hand experience is that it has changed a lot to become better and my loved one has been here for long term and the new management has changed things that is much better now.

Patience Carter

Thank you for choosing Villa Toscana at Cypress Woods; we appreciate you for sharing your experience!

What a mess

How has the state not shut this mess down? Dirty. Incompetence in management is jaw dropping. Our Mother would wait forever when calling for assistance. Follow all the reviewers advice - stay clear of here!

Not for Human Habitation

This is a remarkably terrible senior home using any rational means of measuring standard of care and ethical business practices. My bottom line is that Villa Toscana is NOT a safe and caring place for your loved one. The business office sends out bills that are NOT owed in the hopes that some of their residents will unknowingly pay the false bill anyway. They also try to boost their income by sending nonspecific bills to various members of the patient's family. Yet, when an effort is made to investigate a billing fraud, it becomes impossible to reach anyone in the business office. There are too few aides and nurses and those they do have are cold and unapproachable. Because of the low staff levels medication errors did occur. The meals were tastless and unappetizing. This is not a good facility for the elderly.

BEWARE!

Don't let the new management fool you! They are all the same. The new Administrator comes across as willing to help & caring, but all he really cares about is his bonus. And he will lie, cover up things, & protect the employees at the expense of the residents.

I heard that they are now under new people managing and the old people are gone. I heard that they already are making changes and hearing good things already. Hopefully the place will get better for our loved ones.

poor management

If you want your love ones to live longer, Villa Toscana is not the right place for them. My husband was there for a month and died. The nurses in long term don't care about the patients. They are not concerned about the patients condition. The CNA works so hard taking care of so many residents and they cannot give the very best care of the patients. CNA are the lowest pay, they should get more help than hiring nurses who doesn't know what they are doing and lack of experience. The management is very poor. The Administrator and the Director of Nursing doesn't know how to talk to family members. They all need to go to SENSITIVITY class and learn how to respect the costumers of the facility.
The food is so bad that I cannot give it to my cat. Patients don't get enough on their plates and ran out of food from time to time. The owner of this facility should screen all the employees because your management you hired was fired from another facility. They will take Villa Toscana down with very bad reputations. Place looks good but the inside management is very poor.

RUDE, RUDE, RUDE nurses and aids. Food is disgusting, cold, tasteless and just thrown on plates. Never what is ordered. Management is a joke, Rude, uncaring and acknowledge. [removed] Never answer residents lights. [removed] States other services offered [removed] etc. They have to be called in and that could take 3 months. Talks about outings, have never seen one or my family has never seen one.

We came here because they could offer the care we needed.

We came here because they could offer the care we needed. I think this is going to be where she stays long term. They seem to be doing okay. They have been pretty attentive, and on top of things. Way more so than the place she was before.

NEVER AGAIN and don't you either Looks are deceiving.

Thank God I followed my insticnts and got my wife out of there. With each visit she would greet me in tears but because of her stroke couldn't communicate what was going on. We had a meeting to discuss my concerns and did their best to try to convince me to keep her there including having someone who presented themselves as an area type of manager, I think she was calling from Humble. The ambulance crew took her stats before transferring her to a different facility. She was in AFIB with a heart rate at 150. She would of stroked had I not followed my instincts. She went back in the hospital and had to have her heart shocked. Ends up they never gave her the BP meds plus the hospital admission also indicated she had taken at least one fall that was never told to me. NEVER AGAIN V.T. is like VD. There was one therapist that was sincerely trying to do a good job. I witnessed 1 therapy session with a different therapist. A 2minute shoulder message,1 minute wrist flexing and 15 minutes on a motorized bike and she was left unattended on.

Clue

The rehab department Rocks I will give them a 5 Star they know there stuff but what can't I say about the nursing dept and the nurse in charge ,my dog can do better tricks than them . I found one nurse that is actually a nurse her name is Rhonda she know what she's doing , she knows hit scary to talk about them others , mgt sucks. Know one knows anything about nothing you ask a question they say I dont know , what the hello wow thats some scary stuff. Let's talk about those uneducated aides Niki comes to work to smoke and talk on phone I don't understand can someone tell me

Looks can be deceiving

Please do not send your loved ones here!! While my mother was here for rehab after a broken leg, I witnessed a constant shortage of aids and nurses, as well as a continual turnover in staffing. Call buttons were rarely answered in a timely manner, particularly at night.

Food is absolutely disgusting!! Many times, the food a patient orders is not at all what they are served.

While there, my mother fell twice and I was not contacted on either occasion. After the second fall, I decided to move her to another facility. The next day, she was complaining of pain in her hip so we went to the ER and learned that she had broken her hip. The reason she fell was she was trying to get to the restroom and nobody would answer the call to help her.

Although I cannot prove it, I feel one of the nurses was taking her pain meds. While she was there, she was always in great pain, despite being prescribed medication which should have taken care of it. After leaving, she was receiving the same amount of medication she should have been receiving at Villa Toscana and had no problems with pain.

Business manager is very unprofessional and just plain rude, at best.

Very happy with the rehab care

My loved one is really pleased with the care she is receiving here. It is a bright, clean, and pretty facility. The rehab care itself is excellent, the physical therapy room and therapists are doing a great job with her.
However, I have had some difficulties in regards to communicating with the office staff, which has really tarnished the experience on my end.

Was great the first time but now would never go back

The first time we went it was absolutely wonderful and that's why we took her back again. The second time I was not happy at all, the staff had completely seemed to change and it seemed like people were constantly catching others diseases, I can't even explain it. The staff was constantly changing, she was there for almost a month and a half and it was like you'd never see the same aids. The residents we know the first time she was there were complaining too and the food was horrible. The therapists did what they could, they had to come to her room, but the two that were there were great.
It's a beautiful facility, but I was very disappointed; so hopefully we don't have to put her back into rehab because I wouldn't know where to put her, but it definitely wouldn't be here.

I already toured this facility The pl...

I already toured this facility The place is beautiful, very nice but did not care for how some of the nurses or aides talked to some of the residents there. Plus it is a little far out.