The Wellington at Southport - Indianapolis, IN

I was unsure about this facility at the start because I'd read up on it and learned that it was much older than others I planned to tour. That wasn't necessarily a problem, but being older, it did offer far more reviews than did the others in which I was interested. By reading the reviews, which I'll add were overall favorable, I learned that the name had changed twice in a relatively short time period.
When my sister and I met with the Director of Marketing and Sales, I asked him about this. He noted I'd done my homework and explained that the building had originally been a traditional nursing home. It was acquired by another group and the name changed twice after the purchase, once because it was so similar to a sister property that it caused confusion. Fair enough!
We were given a tour and my first impression was, yes, it was obvious that this had been a former nursing home. I'm sure they did a lot to update the interior, but barring gutting the entire structure, they wouldn't have been able to remove the more clinical and traditional look of the long halls and small rooms of a nursing home. We were looking for a one-bedroom apartment for our mom but all they had were studio apartments (yes, they had three one-bedroom apartments, but two were filled by longtime residents who had no intention of leaving under their own will, and one who had just moved in!). The studios were nicely arranged, with a huge bathroom and some even had a few options so that a bed wasn't the first thing one saw upon entering the room. Regardless, they were studios!
The rest of the facility was nice. Their dining room was large and bright, they had good space for activities, exercise and such. We learned that they had won several awards for their food and were invited to come dine with them. The dining room doubled as a community room for events that they frequently put on for residents and the community. Their activities sounded fun and it appeared that everyone we saw enjoyed being there.
When we talked cost, I'll admit this facility was lower than the others in cost. Several factors probably played into that, understandably. One fact we learned that was hard to deny being a selling point was that this facity, unlike the others we've considered, not only accepts Medicaid waivers, but doesn't allow only a small percentage of them--it appeared that if one qualified, one could live there!
Perhaps that's why the place is full (no vacancies at this facility!) and the residents seem to enjoy all it has to offer!
While The Wellington will not be our first choice because of its location on US 31, its more clinical feel, and lack of one-bedroom apartments, we can see moving our mom here down the road if our funds do not hold out at whatever location we select. And we feel comfortable that she would be content and well cared for at The Wellington.

Unprofessional and unacceptable

My experience with the staff at The Wellington at Southport has been unacceptable and unprofessional. Three (3) unreturned phone calls from the director, three (3) unreturned calls from admissions office. I informed the receptionist I would be calling the corporate office if I did not receive a call back. 15 minutes later I finally got a call from the director. Explanation was an untruth. I would/will never recommend this facility to anyone and I am more than happy that our mother will not be living there.

Great tour

This is a very nice community and the staff here did a great job showing us around, they took their time and they answered all our questions. There were a lot of amenities for the residents, it's bright and clean.

Wishful thinking

I've been looking for a community for my mom since last October and I was speaking with the sales director, [Removed], for about a year. We toured the community a few times with mom and we even tried the food, which was fantastic. My mom was not ready to commit to moving in but [Removed] was very patient and always thought about us. She even brought over a meal to my mom's house. She was very kind and sweet. Recently, mom had some minor set backs and is ready for the move. However, when I call the Wellington to check their availability, they told me that [Removed] is no longer there and I was treated and spoken to very rudely. We are considering are second option instead.

Was not impressed with this facility. It supposedly was renovated a few months ago, but looked like it had only been painted. The apartment they showed us had a very strong smell of urine. Will not consider this facility.

Nice Community

This is a good community and my tour went well. The staff that I met was friendly and nice. The community looked nice, everything was well maintained, and clean.

So far they are okay.

So far they are okay. It's clean and the staff are friendly enough. We don't have any complaints about food or activities or any of that. They are very expensive. Sometimes the office staff can be a bit tough to get a hold of.

Wonderful Community

My mother was a resident of this community for just over one year, she just recently passed. This community has shown great improvement over the year. The renovations are stunning and the staff takes care of their residents like they are family. Many times my mother expressed to me "the girls who take care of her are her family". That means more to a family then anyone can imagine. We are so grateful to Country Charm Village for the care Mother has received and the friendships she made during her last days. Every employee at County Charm Village plays a role in caring for its residents. One example that stands out to our family is Mother was worried about a billing issue and Heather from the billing office continued to reassure her everything would be okay. She followed through very thoroughly and stayed in communication with our family during the entire process and kept Mother very involved which kept her calm and kept her since of pride and dignity. In todays world you do not find this much and we are forever grateful to Heather for this. This community is absolutely wonderful!!!

Wonderful Community!!

The community had a really nice layout. I really liked that the staff was very informative. During my tour of the community the guide was able to answer all of my questions and concerns. I was able to visit the apartments they were nice and clean.

Beautiful, Kind, & Caring

I had previously visited the facility during the renovations and wanted to bring my mother in law back after the renovations were complete. Heather gave us the tour and was absolutely wonderful with my mother in law. She was very informative and spoke directly to her as she should. Heather engaged in conversation with my mother as we toured the facility and shows to be a great asset to this business. Morgan the marketing director came at the end of the tour and was also very informative. We are in the process of Medicaid waiver and Morgan and Heather both are very knowledgeable in this area. This community is very beautiful with such great caring staff. One thing we did notice was activities seemed to be very quiet. Overall, we are very pleased with our multiple visits at Country Charm Village.

A Quick Tour

I was able to stop by and walk through this community with the help of an RN, I was able to see what was offered. I did notice the community was in the process of remodeling. I also took into consideration that the staff all seemed new. Overall the community did not feel welcoming or inviting and I even noticed a smell that was not pleasant.

Seems very nice but no Medicaid waiver beds available as of 10/20/2015

Country Charm Village is cute and quaint. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Going back for a 2nd look, considering for my mom.

Helpful and friendly!

I really liked Country Charm Village! I found the staff to be very nice, friendly, and helpful. I would say this is definitely a five star place. If my search for a place for my dad was not on hold, this would be one of my top choices. I lilke the way that the Army was represented throughout the facility. However, I do feel that all of the Armed Forces should be displayed. My dad was in the Navy, and I know that he would really enjoy the Navy being represented as well. Overall I give Country Charm Village a solid five!

Emeritus is a nice, clean place. Eve...

Emeritus is a nice, clean place. Everyone there is helpful and caring. My dad has been there almost 2 months and seems to be adjusting well. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for an eldercare option for a loved one.

The place was clean, charming and loo...

The place was clean, charming and looked as if the residents were happy.

Facility was nice but it didn't seem ...

Facility was nice but it didn't seem like a good fit for our situation. I like to see activity going on but it was very quiet for 9 am. Also seemed like facility was composed of a hall way and one activity/eating area and like to see more variety than that after having experienced that once.

liked the place, liked the people and...

liked the place, liked the people and presentation,

Country Charm Village
7212 US Highway 31 South, Indianapolis, IN 46227
Country Charm Village offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care in Indianapolis, IN. The community offers small-town charm in the shadows of a downtown metropolis with an abundance of services and amenities.