Magnolia Springs Southpointe - Indianapolis, IN

Magnolia Springs Southpointe - Indianapolis, IN has yet not published prices.

Review of Magnolia Springs

This is a beautiful facility with wonderful staff. From the s\director down to the cleaning, kitchen, and maintenance staff, they all did everything possible to accomodate mom and make her life there wonderful. They go out of their way to great residents and guests by name.

Review of Magnolia Springs

This is a beautiful facility with wonderful staff. From the director down to the cleaning, kitchen, and maintenance staff, they all did everything possible to accomodate mom and make her life there wonderful. They go out of their way to great residents and guests by name.

Review of Magnolia Springs

Facility and staff were very good. Care was excellent in memory care. Food was good. Relative lived there 2 years until he needed more skilled care. WOuld recommend this facility to family, friends or anyone looking for this type of care.

Susan Albers

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. It's wonderful to hear that what we try to do, each and ever day, does work. Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs

When mom was sick they let me know she was sick+ thought she needed to go to the hospital. They were really watching her. Ended up she has flu strain A + pneumonia. She was in the hospital 3 days, when she came home she said the staff treated her like a "princess". We were so pleased at the level of service the staff provided.

Thank you, Lynn! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs

As an RN for decades, my awareness of quality (or lack of) care of the elderly+even more, elders w/ dementia is very keen. I researched+chase mag spr based on reviews; I now have a constant song in my heart. Tech to pt. ratio ideal! 3:18. And caregivers are happy, self-motivated, truly concerned [removed] If's a dream realized for me after horrid prior facility.

Susan Albers

Thank you, Donna, for your great words. We are truly blessed with a wonderful staff who truly care. Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs

Facility and staff were very good. Care was excellent in memory care. Food was good. Relative lived there 2 years until he needed more skilled care. Would recommend this facility to family, friends or anyone looking for this type of care.

Susan Albers

Thank you so much. We pride ourselves on quality services and amenities; however, great caregivers and other staff are harder to find in many communities and we are blessed to have a wonderful staff. We will certainly miss your father!
Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs

When mom was sick they let me know she was sick thought she needed to go to the hospital. They were really watching her. Ended up she had flu strain + pneumonia. She was in the hospital 3 days. When she came home she said the staff treated her like a "princess". We were so pleased at the level of service the staff provided.

Susan Albers

Lynn: Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment. Many places can be "beautiful" and ours certainly is; however, it is the quality, care and concern of the STAFF who make a community truly special and a place you would want your loved one. We think so too. So, once again, thank you for your kind words! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs

What an awesome facility & such an answer to prayer. We recently moved our parents into Magnolia Springs - They are 96 years old and the transition has been rough, but amazing. The staff is so kind, caring + supportive that all the rough spots were made much smoother by them. So nice to also go somewhere that every employee loves+enjoys their job!!!
Special thanks to facility helpers [name removed] for going that extra mile with our folks!

Susan Albers

Thank you so much for your response! We are so pleased when our residents and their family members feel the care and concern that we mean to provide every day. It's so fulfilling when what we intend and do are received so positively from the recipients. (And, by the way, we LOVE your parents!) Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs

Magnolia Springs gave my mom a sense of independence and me peace of mind that she is in a wonderful facility run by many caring individuals. The staff is phenomenal.

Susan Albers

Thanks, Mary! We are so pleased that your mom is doing so well. SHE is phenomenal!
Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs at Southpointe

My siblings and I are so pleased that our Mom is a resident at Magnolia Springs! She has a 1 BR assisted living apartment. The caregivers and dept directors are outstanding! The meals are delicious (and there are lots of choices) - even the wait staff knows all the residents names! The facility is beautiful and offers many activity choices, it's such a relief to know that mom is safe and well cared for.

Susan Albers

Vicki: Thank you for your kind respond. It is our privilege to serve your mom. We love having her with us and are so pleased you are satisfied with our care and services. Thank you for being such an awesome family to work with! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs SouthPointe

Absolutely fabulous facility. Staff welcoming happy, efficient, enthusiastic, - can tell they enjoy their jobs. So many amenities. peace of mind that our loved ones are in such a wonderful facility+caring staff.

Susan Albers

It is our pleasure to serve our loved ones. We are pleased that you feel secure and comfortable that our staff are caring and you have a sense of peace about them living with us. Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs SouthPointe

We are more than satisfied with our parents 'new home'; care givers, office staff, chef, kitchen workers, food and overall value for all services rendered. Thank you for providing us with peace of mind.

Susan Albers

It is always our pleasure. Because we are a non-profit organization, it is not about the money we make or the compliments we receive. It is having the satisfaction that we are carrying out our mission to celebrate seniors that makes a difference to us. Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs SouthPointe

This is the best place to live, i've been here 2 weeks after opening. It isn't home but it's the best place for me. The menu is superior. The Caregivers, services & everyone is very caring and patient. I marvel how patient the dining room servers are with the grumpiest people. My grandson-in-law checked new place prior to me coming here & it is the only placed I liked.

We are so glad you're here! God bless you! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs Southpointe - Indianapolis, IN

I’m very happy here. I’ve met a lot of people and developed some close friendships. The place is a family not just a care center. I feel I belong.
The staff is great and always helpful. I feel they really care about us.

Susan Albers

Thank you for your kind words, Marilyn. It IS a family because of residents like you who go out of your way to be welcoming and inclusive to our new residents! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Avoid this Memory Care facillity

Very understaffed. High staff turnover. Staff not adequately trained. When family member was having a good day care was adequate. When family member was having a bad day family member did not receive meals or prescribed medicine. Did not feel family member was safe in this facility.

Susan Albers

I am sorry you believe your mother-in-law had a bad experience. When she first came to our community, she was so involved, participatory and ate well. As her dementia progressed, her appetite waned and she began sleeping hours upon end. Our staff are well-trained and equipped to work with our residents; however, when their disease progresses until the point where they refuse to wake, continue to sleep and do not eat or take their medicines, It is very frustrating. As we discussed on several occasions, to force residents to eat or take medication when they refuse is considered abusive, and we cannot take part in that. Further, it is ironic that you felt we were understaffed, when our ratio of staff to residents in our memory care community is one staff to eight residents, this places us clearly above the norm. In addition, we check on our residents every hour, 24/7, so we are very attentive to their needs. Finally, your comment about turnover is surprising as our core staff in Memory Way experiences turnover far below the national average. We will remember your loved one fondly She was such a sweet lady and our thoughts and prayers go with her and your family. Susan Albers, Executive Director.

Review of Magnolia Springs Southpointe - Indianapolis, IN

I don’t think I could find a better place to stay.

Susan Albers

Thank you, John, for your kind words. We are so blessed to have you at Magnolia Springs SouthPointe! Susan Albers

Good overall but could use improvement

My grandmother lived here for a little over a year. I feel that overall this facility is very nice and provides good care, but has room for improvement. This would be an excellent place for someone who is still fairly independent but may need a little supervision or help. However, in my experience, it is NOT a facility for those with complex medical issues, even if that person is ambulatory and independent with ADLs. I think that the staff, while very nice and accommodating, do not have enough experience to identify and handle medical emergencies. Also, in my experience, timely communication and follow-up with family about loved ones' immediate needs could use improvement. We also had some problems with paying for extra services, but those services not being completed.
PROS: nice, new facility, plenty of activities, good food, holiday gatherings with resident's families, staff is friendly, location and proximity to hospital/interstate/points of interest
CONS: lack of staff training in emergency situations/how to identify when resident needs medical attention, communication and follow-up with family, paid amenities being completed

Susan Albers

I am so sorry you had that experience with your grandmother. I wish I could recall the situation, because I can't recall any resident or their family complaining about their care, our abilities or being charged for tasks that were not completed. We pride ourselves in making sure we are meeting the needs of our residents, including bringing in other medical professionals to meet the needs of our residents if their needs are beyond our scope of practice. That's why, for example, we partner wih Golden Age Living, where they provide a full-time RN five days a week, and a nurse practitioner's service five days a week as well as on call to meet our residents' needs. We wish your grandmother all the best. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Susa Albers, Executive Director

Very very nice facility and staff. It might be a little more financial wise than we can afford, but can say nothing bad about the facility or staff at all.

Susan Albers

Thank you for your comments. For your information, we have opportunities for those who are a little more strapped financially. There is the VA Aid and Attendance benefit for veterans and/or their spouses who served during war-time, we have some affordable options if a resident is willing to consider downsizing into an affordable space. Our included amenities also help with budgeting, because we offer several services that are charged for at other communities. Best wishes in your senior living experience. Susan Albers, Executive Director

Very nice place!

Our experience with Magnolia Springs has been a very positive one! Our loved one is in the memory care wing, and they have done an absolutely fantastic job taking care of him. When we moved him in they told us they would look after him like family, and they really have. They're always reaching out to us with updates, and are more than happy to address and questions or concerns we have. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and all the residents seem equally well cared for. I highly recommend this place!

Susan Albers

Thank you for your kind words It is our privilege and pleasure to serve "the greatest generation." We pride ourselves in the quality of our staff and services. It's so nice when one of our families acknowledge this. Susan Albers, Executive Director

this is an outstanding looking beautiful community. We would have liked the care here. This community is too big of a community and they did not have some of the needs. They can not give medications if needed. They have a lot of activities. I suggest that families see if this is a community for someone who is active and independent.

Susan Albers

Thank you for your comments. Actually, we are able to provide medication reminders and observation. We use the services of a long term care pharmacy. At least 75-80% of our residents live at Magnolia Springs because they require assisted living support. We have a home health agency on site and a physician/nurse practitioner service that is available as needed. Come see what we have to offer! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Nice place

We got to take the tour of this community and we liked it. The community was clean and nice and the people were very helpful and understanding. We just did not think that this was the place for us.

Susan Albers

Thank you for your response. If you are still looking for a community I would recommend that you read our reviews posted on this site. We receive wonderful comments and have a great reputation for being a kind and welcoming community with good services and care. We hope to see you soon! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Facility is gorgeous. Unbelievable amount of activities for residents and areas for families to gather. Resident rooms are spacious. Entire staff is friendly and speaks to everyone they pass in the halls. Definitely one of our favorite choices.

Susan Albers

Thank you for your great response. We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope that you will consider living with us if you have not chosen to do so already. Susan Albers, Executive Director

Absolutely Awesome Place

We experienced a great and very informative tour of Magnolia Springs and decided this was the place for our mother. Wonderful staff, wonderful facilities, wonderful food!!! Perfect place for MOM!!!

Susan Albers

Thank you for your response. We are so happy that she (and you) chose our community. Susan Albers, Executive Director

A Wonderful Community

My mother is doing very well here at this community. She has improved very much, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. She loves it here, and everything has worked out well for her at this community. I know she is receiving wonderful care. This is a great community, and I would recommend it.

Susan Albers

Thank you for your gracious comments. I'm sure we are blessed to have her at Magnolia Springs SouthPointe! Our residents are just the best and we enjoy each and every one of them. Susan Albers, Executive Director

Highly Recommended!!

The staff are all fabulous i have no complaints . My mother is being well fed the meals are good and healthy . As of now we are hoping to get her into long term care . The staff does try for her to engage in activities to a level of comfort . Everything is fixed around and kept very neat. There are pictures of the residents families on their rooms to remind them of their loved ones.

Susan Albers

By your comments, I believe you are recommending our memory care community. We are blessed to have a small one so that we can provide individual care to each and every resident. Our ratio of staffing during the day is 1 caregiver per 8 residents and we truly enjoy all of the activities, support and encouragement we provide to each of them. Thank you for your recommendation! Susan Albers, Executive Director

5 Stars all the way!!!!

I would recommend this community. The staff at Magnolia Springs is helpful and friendly I would give them a 5. The community is clean and well taken care of. My mom and I both like the food and they have good choices. Mom is still getting acclimated so she has not yet gotten a chance to participate in any of the activities.

Susan Albers

Thank you for your review! We are so proud of our community and the services we offer. It is our pleasure to serve you. Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs Southpointe - Indianapolis, IN

My wife and I have lived here since November 2015. It would be impossible to list all that goes on here. A monthly activity calendar is provided, and you can choose what you want to do. Meals are provided (order off a menu). The staff and all employees are the friendliest and most helpful people you will ever meet. Once you move in, you never want to leave.

Susan Albers

Thank you "Doc." We love having you here! It is always great to serve wonderful residents like you! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs Southpointe - Indianapolis, IN

I like my new home, the employees, and the other residents.

Susan Albers

Thank you Angela! We so enjoy having you living in our community. Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs SouthPointe in Indianapolis, IN

This is a great place to live. I've lived here since October 1, 2015. I have made many friends and enjoy living here.

Susan Albers

Thank you Betty! We enjoy having you live here as well! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs SouthPointe in Indianapolis, IN

Everyone is courteous, friendly, and helpful.

Thank you, Margaret! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs SouthPointe in Indianapolis, IN

This is a beautiful facility, and a comforting place for a loved one to live. The staff and caregivers are not only very friendly and helpful, but go that extra mile for any needs or concerns you might have. I appreciate the Round Table Meetings as another way to express any concerns. Thanks to all for a warm family atmosphere, and a job being well done.

Susan Albers

Thank you Sharon! It is great to work with such caring, supportive family members as well! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs SouthPointe in Indianapolis, IN

This is a great place to live. Have great friends here.

Susan Albers

Thank you Eleanor! (Eleanor is one of our most active residents at Magnolia Springs. She is involved in something morning, noon and night.) It is a pleasure to have you living with us! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs SouthPointe in Indianapolis, IN

This is a great place to live or spend the rest of your life.

Thanks, Ida. We are so blessed to have you! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs SouthPointe in Indianapolis, IN

Exercise is good. Good programs, including bingo. Residents are very nice. Staff is special, food is special, caregivers are good. Building is beautiful and maintenance is very good.

Thanks, Gail! We love having you here! Susan Albers, Executive Director

Review of Magnolia Springs SouthPointe in Indianapolis, IN

I have lived in this senior community since Oct 14th. The entire staff is friendly, caring, and well-qualified. There are many activities to keep residents engaged, interested, and happy. This facility is first rate - wonderful!

Susan Albers

Thank you, Georgia! And coming from you that is HIGH praise. (Georgia was a teacher, principle and school township administrator for a number of years. Her recommendation comes with a great deal of administrative experience so it means so much to us!) Susan Albers, Executive Director

Who says moving to a senior living community means giving up your sense of independence? Magnolia Springs embraces the fact you are your own person, different, unique, one-of-a-kind—with your own lifestyle, pursuits, and hopes for the future. Even better, we celebrate it! Each and every day. That’s just our way. The Magnolia Springs Way.