Bickford of Greenwood - Greenwood, IN

[Name removed] the activities director gave the tour since it was last minute and on the weekend. She was very friendly and informative. The facilities looked really nice and the staff that we met were friendly as well.

Father's Good Care

We really like this communiy very much. the staff are wonderful and caring to the needs for our father. The meals are very good for him and we like that he is pleased with the nice variety. He offers alot of good activies. The community is clean with a nice environment. We would highly recommend everything about this community to other families that are wanting excellent care for a loved one.

Great Place and A Little Pricey

It was a good experience to have a tour. I spoke with them many years ago and they kept in touch. I got a good feeling from the community but after talking about the pricing it would not be suitable for our budget.

There is no better place!

This place is wonderful and have great staff and residents. They are doing a awesome job with my loved one. My loved one really likes it here. They offer a lot of activities for the residents to participate in. I really couldn't ask for a better place for my loved one.

This is our number one choice. Rihannon was very cordial and truly wanted to get to know my husband and his personality, likes and dislikes. She was the only one who took the time to find out about us, rather than jumping right in to tell us about them. I loved the memory care unit...lots of activity going on. Residents were interacting and not just in their rooms. They seem to be able to meet our needs. I have a friend who is a resident and since my visit, have concerns about communication issues with the staff and family. I will want to check into that more closely and hope that those are isolated incidences. Overall-very impressed.

Above And Beyond!!

I really liked this community the staff were interacting very well with the residents. The atmosphere was very friendly and it was like a family home. Some of the caregivers were watching movies with the residents others were doing hands on activities depending what they liked. There was no odor in the memory care. Meal plans that are healthy are offered with good portions.

Very Nice

I took a tour of this community and I liked that it is noticeably clean. I liked the scenery which was very nice and well maintained. Everything was nice, the building and the rooms. The staff answered all my questions and I was also offered cookies, water and tea. I did see residents in the foyer and they seemed okay.

Despicable place

I wouldn't have my dog live at Bickford Of Greenwood they have a scabies out break going on and has been going on for a couple of months and it's not been cleared up yet. Employees ended up taking it home to their families. And they informed them to get cream from tractor supply so they wouldn't need to pay the price of the medicine. They have CNA'so sleep on night shift and they do nothing and fire or make those who report it uncomfortable so that they leave. The director has come in during nights to "work" because they fired a nurse who told them what was happening, but she was nothing more than just a body in the building. She was in her office all night sleeping in a sleeping bag.

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Bickford of Greenwood was a good one, overall! Our loved one stayed in their assisted living section, and I thought they did a very nice job. The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff was friendly and professional. However, the memory care unit was very expensive, so we ended moving her out once she started needing that level of care.

The best place ever

My mom [full name removed] aka MISS JO, has been living at Bickford of Greenwood since early September, 2015. While we would rather have her home, Bickford is the next best thing. She seems to really like it there. She loves the staff. They are all so kind and caring to her.

Stacey [last name removed], the Executive Director, is outstanding. Any time there is a problem all you have to do is call her and the problem is taken care of.

We love the whole staff and appreciate everything they do to give our mom a safe place to live in her golden years!

Nice place

Our experience with Bickford of Greenwood has been a good one. It's a nice looking place, and the staff are friendly and helpful, I'd give them high marks across the board.

wonderful!

We are having great results with Bickford of Greenwood. The facility is wonderful, and the staff there is great. It was our fourth move for mom this summer, and the first day that I took mom in there the main nurse hugged her and said she was so happy for her to be there. I have just been overwhelmed with how awesome they have been, and I would very highly recommend Bickford of Greenwood.

I miss my home, but don't want to leave Bickford

Bickford does an outstanding job in hiring staff that is friendly, caring, and professional. Moving my mom to assisted care was never in the plan. When her memory decline accelerated to the point of needing help available around the clock, home care provisions were no longer sufficient. Bickford staff was thoughtful and kind from the beginning. The atmosphere, amenities, staff, and building configuration were 2nd best to mom's home setting and first in care and comfort. I no longer worry about mom's physical needs. Certainly mom misses her home. Mom does not miss being scared because she knows there is someone kind and friendly to help anytime day or night. Staff makes sure she drinks her coffee the special way that she likes it. The setting is lovely inside and out. The bistro area always has tasty snacks, refreshments, and special treats are prepared while she watches with other residents...today homemade ice cream. Oh, residents play euchre until wee hours of the morning if they wish. Scenic rides on a bus designed for seniors along with a variety of outings help make Bickford a place called home.

Overall a nice place, seem to have some communication issues

Overall they've done a good job here. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they do a good job providing activities to keep the residents engaged and entertained. The staff are all very friendly and professional, as well.
I have run into a few issues when it comes to communication. They haven't been great about returning calls, I usually have to just try them back if I'm not able to reach them. I also feel like my requests aren't being communicated, or they just lack follow-through.

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Personalized Care