Colonial Manor at Panther Valley - Hackettstown, NJ

Unfortunately, the Sales Rep could not show us any rooms which was the purpose of the visit. We got an adequate tour of the common areas. The Independent Living rooms are located in a series of stand alone cottages, three units per cottage, an attractive situation

independent living; $1900 rent ALWAYS even 10 years, no medicare; housekeeping; flex fitness across the street; trans to Hacketstown for dr dentist grocery; internet/telephone included; breakfast/lunch/dinner $10/meal; full kitchen/microwave/washer/dryer; 24/7 security; 720 sq ft. apt.

The facility looked very warm and comfortable. [Removed] was very nice and gave me a very thorough overview of what is included and a tour of the facility. They seem to really care about the residents and their needs. Many amenities are included in the monthly fee .

Just not the right fit

We had a nice tour here, the staff member did a nice job showing us around and answering all our questions, the community was okay but we just didn't feel that this would be the best fit for our mom.

👍Colonial Manor Panther Valley NJ

After careful review our family chose Colonial Manor Panther Valley for my 82 year old mother in law.
She has just been there a couple of weeks but seems to be happy with her apartment. Anything she has needed the staff from Colonial Manor have taken care of promptly.
Her neighbors seem to be very nice and friendly.
Thank you "APlace for Mom" for the recommendation!

The facility was nice, as was Nicole. It was the most reasonably priced facility that we visited. However, as it was a converted hotel, the elevator was very small and the showers were not as safe as we saw at other facilities.

The Best Priced Community

My mom is extremely happy there. She has a beautiful view from her living room. The countryside with ponds and a waterfall with ducks in is. She is in a beautiful area and she is 5 minutes from every store. The owners are really nice and they go above and beyond. She has her own apartment and the ladies are caring and she is happy with the activities, it keeps her busy. She has people to talk with and making friends. It was also the best price around, I looked for a year and A Place For Mom helped me find this place.

More like home than assisted living

My mother lived here for over 4 years.She recently passed away I can not say enough about [Removed] [owner] and his staff..they always made my mother feel at home and that is how she felt about it. When she was recently in the hospital all she kept saying was she wanted to go back to home to colonial Manor.Her wish was to remain there until she passed which she did with the help of the aides and hospice.During my mother's last days the owners and staff were so kind and helpful to us we could see they thought of my mother as family also.

It's a wonderful place. The rooms are large. If you care to join in the activities, it's great. You don't have to. It all depends on the individual who is living there and what their capabilities are.

There is a strip mall right in front of the community and you can visit any of the facilities or not.

Review of Colonial Manor at Panther Valley - Hackettstown, NJ

Lovely place but seems as people require higher levels of personal service we would need to find another facility

Lovely facility, but needs better food and a new manager

The facility is nice and clean, and the majority of the staff is friendly and very attentive. Unfortunately, the food is terrible (bad enough that we must supplement our family member's meals). They advertise restaurant style dining, but that is not true of the food quality! In addition, the manager (the owner's son) has a terrible attitude toward the residents. The atmosphere can be quite negatively affected when he is present.

Great layout

The building here is great because i think it was a old hotel and because of that everything is designed real well and well build construction. That is absolutely the most important thing for me.

Customer service is excellent

I think the customer service aspect was excellent. I think one of the things I am noticing now that my Mom is in, is that they could have more activities. What is lacking for my Mom right now is there is not a whole lot of interacting with the activities and so on. The housing, the staff and the other residents are wonderful.

The value is fantastic

I think that the value is fantastic. Its very clean. I think the staff is very, very friendly. It's really homey than a big nursing home. The apartment is very beautiful and very nice. I'm happy with the Colonial Manor. They are very sweet people. It's great.

Good

The Colonial Manor is good. They keep it up very well. The cottages are nice. I think there should be more activities. The costumer service should be a little better. Other than that, It has been a pretty good experience.

This was a former hotel that is now assisted living. The place is kept clean. I'm a home health aide and I have a client I had prior to his moving there lives there. The staff are all friendly. They have lots of activities. All rooms are private with their own baths. Residents are allowed to self medicate with doctor approval but are required to keep it locked up to avoid other residents from getting ahold of it.

Extremely beautiful facilit...

Extremely beautiful facility. Expensive. If had exersize room with equipment would have enhanced the likability. Weekly movie nights at the activity center would also be a nice touch, but I might have missed that. $$$costly for single elder.

Nice place overall

Overall we're pleased with the service at this community. It's clean, and the staff and residents are all very friendly. We like how it is a smaller community, with a much more intimate family feel. The staff know the residents and their families on a first name basis. The only complaint we've heard is that the food could use some improvement.

My mother Angela Rinaldi

I have been very pleased with the assistance I received from A Place For Mom. They provided me with many places to consider for my mother. After careful leg work and consultations with the various facilities, we settled on Colonial Manor. It turned out to be a great place for my mother. The staff has been both patient and wonderful to my mother and our family. We could not have asked for more. I would recommend them to anyone.

A lovely community

This is a lovely place! My relative is very happy here. All of the residents said they loved it, and they seemed well cared for. Everything was nice and clean. I can't really think of anything they need to improve!

The Hidden Jewel

I call the Colonial Manor the Hidden Jewel because I didn't even know it was there and I pass there all the time. The staff is great. The property is beautiful. The manager, Terra, is wonderful, so helpful and caring. My Dad is so comfortable there.

Great Place, Care Might Not Be Right For Us

They take care of the place and they seem to be friendly enough. The care is good. It's assisted living and we're wondering whether my mother-in-law needs a nursing home.

I think they're an excellent place but she has maybe a little more problems that are appropriate for that environment. They're a support environment. They're not interested in personal hygiene or taking care of the cat. It's a lovely place, she's just not adjusting well.

Lots of Activities

These same owners have two places. My sister is in the other colonial manor but I was considering this one too. The owners are lovely but it was going to be too much walking for my sister to meals and things and she's not good on her feet. There are more activities here but she didn't want that. She wanted a serene setting and the other Colonial Manor was right for her.

Best rates

The best priced community in any area. They are about $2,000 cheaper then comparable communities. The independent is about $1,800 a month and it is all inclusive there are no hidden fees. The assisted living is about $2,800 a month and also includes everything, like 3 meals a day. They also include a pendant that allows them to call for help. They have immediate cottages available that are just huge. The cottages are brand new and even have granite counter tops. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I highly encourage anyone looking for a community to come to Colonial Manor.

It was lovely!